“They try don't deliver” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Holiday Inn Orlando SW - Celebration Area

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Holiday Inn Orlando SW - Celebration Area
Ranked #37 of 153 Hotels in Kissimmee
Indianapolis, IN
“They try don't deliver”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2008

The place is newly painted and has new baths & furnishings, but that doesn't make it a 3 Star Hotel.

The elevators break down daily and the air conditioners are all old worn out pices of noisy junk.

The Guest Services Desk is really a front for a Time Share offering.

The Holiday Inn web site shows that all guest rooms have refrigerators but when you check in you find out only the suites & excutive rooms do.

The staff acts like they care but after seven days and problems don't get fixed, you wonder if they really do care.

After spending 7 nights here I find that I'll never do it again and I doubt I'll ever use Priceline again either

• Liked — Price
  • Disliked — The Air Conditioner
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled as a couple
      Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (265)
  • Korean first
MIA305
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2008

I had to use my 4 day/3 nights Wyndham Resort Time Share package before May 31, 2008, which I purchased last year for $129. The Wyndham Resorts were all booked for the Memorial Day weekend, as a result my reservation was booked for the Holiday Inn Mainegate East. I was very disappointed, in the beginning, because I've never had problems in the resort's room that included a full kitchen area, and indoor jacuzzi; but I mellowed out after reviewing the hotel info on various websites. The reviews from this website helped me to take charge of how much I enjoyed my hotel stay. I requested the Kid's Suite after a reviewer stated that its the only room that automatically comes with a free mini refrigerator and two tv's, also the kid's bunkbeds are divided from the adult's queen size bed by a wall for privacy in the room - i was planning to take my son, but he was unable to travel with me. I also requested a room above the 3rd floor & away from the elevators, to avoid any noisey issues. The check-in processor (Vanessa) was quick & welcoming, and I received every thing that I requested with my reservation. My room was in the main building, on the 5th floor (room #1505). My room faced the main highway, where I enjoyed seeing the parade of older model cars as they exited the OLD TOWN Entertainment & Shopping Complex across the street from the hotel; I wished that my room's balcony was larger, so I could sit and enjoy the scenic view of the OLD TOWN's carnival lights. I had problems locking my room's balcony doors, but I didn't bother with it - being I was on the fifth floor. My room's window coverings (one thick layer curtain and one sheer layered curtain) were adequate, when closed, to completely block out the lights. The hotel areas, as well as my room, was kept immaculate by the courteous housekeeping staff (Charlene was assigned to my room); and although the hotel was full of holiday guests, it was more quiet than I expected (based on the reviews). The beds & pillows were ultimately comfortable (I even slept in the bunkbeds-my son would have loved it), the bath towels are thick & plush; and yes the bathroom toilet sits very close to the bathroom doorway, but the shower's water pressure is so great - you forget how small the bathroom is and begin to image sleeping under the soothing running water. I DID NOT ENCOUNTER ANY BEDBUGS or any other type of critters inside, or outside, of the hotel (which I expected based on the reviews). The hair dryer worked very well, as did the coffee maker and the refrigerator (where I stored fruits and treats I purchased at the OLD TOWN's carnival; I requested a microwave, on my 2nd day stay, but I didn't get one at all due to their shortage. I enjoyed the jacuzzi so much that I almost passed out in it, because I sat in it for too long while drinking alcoholic beverages - which was publicly posted NOT to do; thank God for the shallow kiddie pooI that I cooled off in. PLEASE BE AWARE - NO LIFEGUARDS ARE ON DUTY AT HOTEL's POOL AREA!!! So keep watch of the little darlings near the pools. The poolside bar charged $6.50 for a shot of Hennessy & soda, I purchased my beverages from outside of the hotel. I didn't see many guests in the hotel's restaurants, and after viewing the menu & costs - I could understand why guest chose to eat elsewhere. Imad, at the hotel's guest services desk, informed me of an opportunity to make $100 and at the same time enjoy a free breakfast buffet - by taking a time share tour at the Westgate Resort Village, which I did. The Holiday Inn Mainegate East hotel is located on a strip that is ideal for tourists to venture. There are so many INEXPENSIVE souvenir novelty shops and eateries/buffets in walking distance of the hotel to choose from; McDonald's in the hotel's parking lot, across the street is Pizza Hut & Burger King and a awesome Ice Cream Shop in OLD TOWN. I recommend 'Ponderosa' for breakfast buffet ($3.99 per person), 'Shoney' for lunch buffet - they also feature on Friday/Saturday a Seafood & Steak buffet ($11.95 per person), and 'Golden Coral' for dinner buffet ($10.99 per person). I was walked from the hotel, with ease, across the street to nightlife & fun of the OLD TOWN Complex - which has a carnival area with kiddie rides & adult rides (like the Bungee Glide), a game room (I got hooked on the monopoly quarter drop game machine and spent about $40 on it), a karaoke bar (I heard a group of young ladies murder one of Whitney Houston's song 'I wanna dance with somebody' - they looked as if they were having the time of their life, and I enjoyed seeing them have so much fun. The parking area was well lighted for my late nite returns to the hotel; the parking lot gets full at night, but after late night - you are allowed to park in the Alamo Rental Car Reserved area of the hotel's parking lot. There was a pleasant atmosphere inside and outside of the hotel; and the hotel staff was very cordial. Check-out was just as quick as check-in; my bill was placed under my room door on the morning of my scheduled departure, which I reviewed and paid. I was billed $37.05 for the hotel's resort fees only, which should be titled something other than resort fees, as this is not a resort class hotel - don't get me wrong, its above average and has alot of qualities and STYLE.

• Liked — Location of hotel is easy access to inexpensive food & fun, as well as hotel room comforts.
  • Disliked — The hotel resort fees, and lack of wide variety of television channel; also not enough microwaves for guests' rooms.
  • Stayed May 2008
3 Thank dRilOne
brad_boland, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Orlando SW - Celebration Area, responded to this review, February 5, 2014
Thank you for your positive review from 2008. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us back then. We continue to make improvements to enhance our guest experience.

We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to the Orlando/Celebration area.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2008

For what it was, this place is great.

It is centrally located to Disney World. It is very clean and newly renovated.

The pool was great. Big clean and attractive.

The lobby had a bar, pizza hut and an A&W. Perfect for a family.

The roomservice menu was the most reasonably priced room service menu I have ever seen. $5 for a order of pancakes...

Parking was free.

Kids had a game room and a small movie theatre.

The only reason I would not give it more than three stars is that the area is very touristy and very cheesy.

• Liked — Clean
  • Stayed May 2008
1 Thank Capitol_Explorer
USA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2008

We Pricelined this hotel for $50 a night for 2 nights. I was slightly concerned when I found out we would be at this hotel then read some negative reviews online (esp the ones about bed bugs!!). I am happy to report that we had no problems (no insects!). The hotel is at most a 10 minute commute to Disney, which was the reason for our trip. We didn't try the shuttle that runs once or twice a day b/c we wanted the freedom of having our own car. The room was updated, nicely decorated, and bathroom was large and clean (I had read several reviews complaining bathrooms were tiny). There is no complimentary breakfast, but there is a buffet at a restaurant in the hotel. We ate breakfast for around $25, which we thought was too much. We went to the McDonald's next door for breakfast the next morning.
Anyway, the room certainly met our expectations for a 2.5 star hotel for $50 per night! No disappointments here.

• Liked — Updated clean rooms. 10 min commute to Disney.
  • Disliked — No complaints here.
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled as a couple
2 Thank JW82

2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2008

this is a mediocre hotel at best. i've stayed at really nice Holiday Inn Expresses before and this fell short by a lot. Neighbor in the next room blasted their radio at 5:45am, contacted staff and it took them a long time to respond. The motel had the balls to charge us a 5.95 daily RESORT fee, this was far from a definition of a RESORT! I asked the manager what it included and she told me in vague terms it was for the amentities. WHAT AMENTITIES? The pool? The over priced internet? No breakfast? What kind of ripoff is this? I'd chose the Hampton Inn or similar over this anyday

Stayed May 2008

Travelers are raving about these Kissimmee hotels

GA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2008

I can start by highly recommending that you ask for a room away from the main highway. I asked for a quiet room, and was given one away from the visiting school groups. However, it faced the main road. I heard loud cars, screams from the amusement park, and ambulances all night. To make things worse, the drapes don't close all the way, nor are they made to. The sheers don't provide enough coverage to keep out the flashing lights from the businesses and amusement park. (It was some sort of local park).

Aside from the noise, the hotel was just fine. My room was really, really clean and comfortable. The beds were great. I didn't try out the restaurant or the pool. The front desk receptionists were wonderful.

• Liked — comfortable rooms, free internet
  • Disliked — noise, lots of school groups and kids
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled solo
Atlantic Beach, FL
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2008

We are Disney passholders who spend 20-25 nights a year in Orlando. We paid $45 a night through Priceline (2 1/2 star). The front desk staff let us into our room at 11:30 AM. They do not offer a luggage cart but had a bellman come and delivered our bags to our room. I didn't have any cash to tip at the time and he was totally cool (took care of him the next night) Our room on the third floor was clean and spacious. I asked for a room that was away from others if possible because we were traveling with our five month old who is teething. We were right next to the elevator which was suprising quiet. They do keep the pool open until 11:00PM which is my only beef. I would recommend staying in a higher floor or on the 192 side. There is a McDonald's across the parking lot which is nice. We did not use the pool or eat from the food court. They do offer a nice room service selection though. We stayed two nights and were very pleased. The staff was super friendly and nice and the property was clean and well maintained which is all we ever want.

• Liked — Clean, spacious room
  • Disliked — Pool noise
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled with family