“Very Nice”

Holiday Inn Orlando SW - Celebration Area
Ranked #40 of 154 Hotels in Kissimmee
Reviewed November 4, 2012

This hotel is very nice. The location to Disney is great. Their shuttle bus doesn't go very often, so have your own car. The hot tub is a nice touch.Most hotels in FL. don't have hot tubs. The pool was a little to cold for me. But, it did look nice. Melissa at the front desk is a very good worker. I talked to her a few times while I was there. Aslo, Bonnie at the park/ticket desk is a nice and friendly lady to chat with. The only thing I didn't like is.... I left a tip on my bed for housekeeping on Saturday and the room was cleaned. We stayed in Palm Coast on Sat. night. Sunday Tina(housekeeping) leaves me an envelop for a tip. The room wasn't even used. I felt that was poor taste. I look forward to going back.

Room Tip: I booked this hotel on priceline for $50 per night. But, I think you might get a better price by che...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Cruiseoceansand
RevAsst, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Orlando SW - Celebration Area, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2012

We would like to thank you for taking the time to review our property. We are very happy to hear that youyour stay with us was enjoyable. We are also happy to hear that our staff was friendly and accomodating to you during your stay with us. We hope that you will choose our property again for your future visits.

Reviewed November 3, 2012

This was the second time I have stayed here and loved both times. The hotel is opposite Old Town so after a busy day at the parks it was nice to have a walk around and visit the bars and restuarants. The only complaint I would have is on the most recent stay we were the last room in the block which was near a generator ( i think it was the aircon main unit ) which was loud all through the night and a little annoying. The rooms were very clean and we had a terrific view over Old Town. We would certainly stay here again - ideal for families, couples, anyone!.

Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to review our propery. We are happy to hear that you have returned to our property and enjoyed your stay with us once again!! We do apologize for any issues that may have caused any inconvience during your recent stay with us. We hope that we are your first choice when visiting again in the future.

Reviewed November 3, 2012

Manager at the Desk is very helpful. It was a late night check-in for me after a long flight from Singapore. He welcomed me with a bright and big smile that instantly refreshed me. Definitely going back again.

The room is good and clean and sufficiently big for a business traveler like me with 2 queen beds. The feeling of the room was cozy. The room was nicely decorated.

The bathroom is clean and nicely ventilated. Love it.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank BP_Tan

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We are very happy to hear that your stay with us was a good one and that you were comfortable in your room. We are also happy to hear that our staff took great care of you. We hope that for your future visits you will choose our property once again.

Reviewed October 24, 2012

Fab location to Disney fab hotel very nice room we had a kids suites overlooking old town also a fab car show at old town our room was very clean & bug free the food at this hotel was excellent loved there pizzas my son loved the hot tub the staff was very nice I would stay here again from the Bendall family

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank ironsUk
RevAsst, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Orlando SW - Celebration Area, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We are very happy to hear that your stay with us was "fab" and that we were able to meet and exceed your expectations throughout your stay with us. We are also glad to hear that you enjoyed great service from our staff and that you were able to enjoy all of the amenities that we offer to all of our guests. We hope that you will choose our property again for your future visits.

Reviewed October 24, 2012

Got room for free with IHG BRG but based on Tripadvisor reviews was not expecting much. I just needed a place to stay for 1 night so the drive home from a seaside vacation in Melbourne would not be so long.
This hotel and the room assigned were lovely and a very pleasant surprise. I kept telling my husband to not expect much based on the reviews I read. Got upgraded to a deluxe corner room overlooking the pool - wonderful (I am a priority club member but for a free night was not expecting any special considerations.) Room was huge. Only very minor complaints. The bathroom I think is the smallest bathroom I've ever seen - since only for 1 night not a huge big deal. Also the upholstery had a few stains on it but I'd say that's the case with 95% of the hotels I've stayed in. I would definitely stay here again as a paying guest (online price was reasonable) and would recommend it to others without hesitation. Ignore the bad reviews.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank funtravelingwithme
RevAsst, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Orlando SW - Celebration Area, responded to this reviewResponded October 26, 2012

We would like to thank you for taking time to review our propery. We are very happy to hear that your stay with us was better than you had expected and that you were able to enjoy our property and the level of service that we offer to all of our guests. We hope that you will choose our property again for your future visits.

Reviewed October 19, 2012 via mobile

We love to stay on property down at Walt Disney World, but depending on the time of year, sometimes the rates are just more than we can afford.

We have stayed at this Holiday Inn location at least a dozen times and we've always been thrilled with the level of service provided. The staff are genuinely glad we're there and it really shows.

The on-site restaurant is so convenient too. There is something for everyone and the prices are reasonable. And, if you play too late at the theme parks, there is a 24-hour McDonald's right next door!

The rooms are fabulous as well. We were in a Kids Suite where there are bunk beds and a queen bed separated by a wall so you have some privacy. The kids even have their own TV! Some of these rooms have a newly remodeled bathroom and it's really big now. That was my only downfall before, and now they've fixed it! Woo Hoo!

You will be real happy with your stay here if you're looking for caring staff, and clean, spacious rooms with all the comforts of home...all within just a couple miles of Walt Disney World!

• Stayed: September 2012
3  Thank jjzmgailey
RevAsst, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Orlando SW - Celebration Area, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2012

We are very happy that you and your family enjoyed the awesome service from our staff and that we were able to meet and exceed your expectaions. Our restaraunt really does have something for everyone and we are glad that you were able to enjoy our great food at a good price. We would like to thank you for your continued loyalty to our property and taking the opportunity to review us. We hope you will continue to choose our property for all of your future visits and let our amazing staff make your stay another unforgettable expierience.

Reviewed October 12, 2012

We had planned on staying for 6 nights and booked through Priceline, we were a little nervous because the reviews were mixed!
We unexpectedly arrived a day early ( 3 am in fact) they happily helped us check in for an extra day and quickly since we were exhausted and drove all night! The clerk gave us a room we could stay in for the remainder of our stay without moving and gave us a rate as close to our Priceline one as he could!
I was nervous since some reviews said the bathroom was small and dirty!! This room was perfect CLEAN AND BUG FREE!! the hallways were tile and washed daily and we were there for a week! The pool was fabulous and staff and food was fine! The housekeeping cleaned great and even fixed my sons stuffed animals different each night he was excited to see each day!
PLEASE DON'T BE SCARED BY BAD PICKY REVIEWERS! This hotel was inexpensive and clean as many towels as we needed they even mailed our postcards back home for us!

Te bottom line is our stay GREATLY ENHANCED our vacation!!

Thanks

• Stayed: October 2012
3  Thank Justine200042
RevAsst, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Orlando SW - Celebration Area, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2012

We would like to say thank you for taking the time to review our property. We are very happy to hear that we were able to meet and exceed your expectations and that you and your family were comfortable and enjoyed yourselves at our hotel. We hope that you will choose our property again for your future visits.