“Smelled like cat pee”

Holiday Inn Orlando SW - Celebration Area
Ranked #40 of 154 Hotels in Kissimmee
Reviewed April 24, 2012

I recently stayed here with a large group of 80 high school students on a band trip. The purpose of our trip was to perform at Walt Disney World. Oh how I wish we would have stayed on Disney property!
This hotel was so smelly. There was a distinct odor when you walked in that smelled like cat pee. The hallways were very hot. The maintenance man told me, "The air conditioning don't work too good in the hallway". Obviously. The rooms were ok, but probably just because we were so exhausted from spending full days at the parks. I would not stay here again or recommend it. Please think long and hard before deciding to stay off-property. The value resorts are a great option and Disney's transportation system can't be beat...especially in the middle of the day when you are so tired and need to take a break.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends

Reviewed April 22, 2012

Arrived late at night with my wife and was greated by a friendly front desk person( so far so good) On the way to the elevator we obseved bangs and dirt scuff marks on the sides of the elevator entrance(not good). Once in the room, large purple stain in the carpet near the end table. The following morning in the bathroom what appeared to be blood stains on the wall. On the side of the end table I found a trail of Fruit Loops that led from under the bed to a cup full behind the end table.( is there any quality control here?) The clothes closet with a broken hinge and the thin plywood back pushed out exposing all the nails. I called the manager,who inspected the room and promply apologized and changed my room. I have stayed at many Holiday Inns before, but nothing like this one. "The Wilson Family" should see this place for themselves.

Room Tip: Find another place to stay...!!!
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank Erick F
RevDirector, Manager at Holiday Inn Orlando SW - Celebration Area, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2012

Thank you for your review. The room described in your review doesn't meet our usual high standards and shouldn't have been rented until it could be properly cleaned. We are reviewing our room change log to determine which room this was so that we can make sure that all of the shortfalls mentioned are addressed.

Reviewed April 18, 2012

When I checked into my room, I wasn't a happy! My ac was broken! I called front desk and they sent up a maintenance man. He said it had to defrost it would take about three hours. So yeah I left the room immediately!! Went to front desk and they switched my room right away to a beautiful room. With a pool view and a working ac unit. I.feel that for the location the price's are fair..Oh and the pool is fantastic!

• Stayed: August 2011
2  Thank Michelle4589
brad_boland, Manager at Holiday Inn Orlando SW - Celebration Area, responded to this reviewResponded December 29, 2013

Thank you for your positive review from your stay in 2012. We are pleased you enjoyed your stay with us.

We, at the Holiday Inn MainGate East have made many improvements to our hotel to enhance our guest experience since your visit. We hope that you will join us again in the future when your travel plans bring you back to the Magic Kingdom.

Reviewed April 17, 2012

I typically don't find anything wrong with Holiday Inn but this one (I feel) needs some updating and good scrubbing! I've been at Holiday Inns that were rated 2 to 2.5 stars that were in A LOT better shape and a lot cleaner than this one.

I booked the room on Priceline and nowhere was I informed about a $5 + Tax resort fee per night until after I had checked in!

I have to say, their ice machine also needs some maintenance. Got some ice to keep milk cool and while it looked find in its frozen form, by the time it melted there were HUGE black flecks in it! Thankfully I didn't put ice in any of my drinks. All I can say is EWWW!!!!

As an update, it's now 11:30pm at night...and the front desk just messed up and assigned my room to another guest! They had a key card and everything! Luckily, my security bolt was done but seriously??? Their excuse was that they had a big group to deal with. So what???

Another update (it's currently the morning after). I woke up with my room invoice slipped under the door with a complimentary breakfast voucher to apologize for the inconvenience. It was so much more than an inconvenience! Maybe for the other guest but it was a complete breach of privacy and security for me! Especially traveling alone and being female! Talked to the assistant manager and am got the resort fees and one night comped. BTW, she had no clue that this had happened at all! Still not happy since it should've never happened in the first place.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
4  Thank FrankieL110
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Orlando SW - Celebration Area, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2012

Dear FrankieL110,

Thank you for staying with us. We hope you enjoyed the location of our hotel. Our hotel is very proud of its level of service, cleanliness and quality of its product and for this reason your comments are very troubling and will certainly be looked into. We apologize for the error the front desk staff made and also are very sorry you were not happy with your stay with us. We are glad you were able to speak with a Manager and they were able to compensate you for the problems you encountered. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Jaime W
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed April 10, 2012

Stayed two nights at this hotel last week. What a disappointment! I only stay at Holiday Inns because I have priority points and this hotel, by far, was the worst. I'm not usually a complainer but here is my laundry list:
- Problems opening room door, cards didn't work. Turns out door looked like at some point it was jimmied open
- Quite impressive when you walk in the main lobby and entire downstairs but upper floors are gross. Carpets are stained and/or bleached in spots. Walls looked like they had grease on the wallpaper. There were towels laying on a hall table for the two days I was there.
- Supposedly white towels were hard and grey.
- Chairs on terrace looked like they were never cleaned. Could not sit on them. Yuck!
- Shower had mold on walls and ceiling.
- The tissue box was dusty and had paint stains on it.
- Complimentary shampoo bottle was half empty.
- Bathroom in conference area - toilet had rust stains and there was toilet paper all over the floor.
- Pile of wet towels sat on a table in the pool area.
- Tablecloths in restaurant looked like it was a ripped sheet. All ragged on the bottom and needed to be ironed.
- and beware -- they charge you resort fees! What's that all about????
- No pens and pencils in room.
- Shuttle to Disney was absolutely gross and dirty. Be sure not to lay your head on the headrest.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Elaine D
RevDirector, Manager at Holiday Inn Orlando SW - Celebration Area, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2012

Thank you for your review of our hotel. It appears that we failed to live up to our normal high standards during your visit. Our Associates take pride in providing our guests with comfortable, clean, well stocked rooms and public areas. I can assure you that this review will be shared with our team and will be used as a training tool.

Reviewed April 9, 2012

We traveled here for Spring Break for a week. We recieved an upgrade to a Kid Suite (Queen and set of bunk beds) because I am a platinum priority club member. Thank you hotel and these rooms were great!

OK - things we loved. Really nice pool area. Great if you have little kids because there is a wading pool about 1.5 feet deep. The larger pool was cool because the sun doesn't hit it for very long this time of the year. Could have been warmer, but oh well. Kudos to the hotel for promptly fixing a light that needed repair, actually 2 lights.

There is an A&W and Pizza Hit Express inside the hotel. We only used the restaurant for breakfast and not lunch or dinner, but it is a nice feature if you just want to hang by the pool. The location is fantastic, especially if you are doing Disney. We didn't this trip, but there is a shuttle service too. (Sorry, we didn't use this either this time.)
Tons of excellent restaurants in the immediate area!!! This is a big bonus! Walgreens and Publix also very close by. Staff was also excellent and very friendly. Let's face it - this makes or breaks your stay! (Loved Stephen at Front Desk!) Loved having the fridge in our room. Needed it anyway for medicine and we got one included with our kid suite.

Things just OK - Parking is fair. The lady that writes about 2 football fields is exagerating. It's not that far. The walk does us all good. Parking lot does fill up late at night, but it's Orlando. You'll get that anywhere! It's really not that bad. We were on the front side of the hotel (Route 192 Side) We didn't have a balcony we could sit outside on where everyone else does. Didn't really matter to us, but if you want one...don't pick that front side. You do not hear noise from the main road either as long as you keep your sliding door closed! No problems there!

Overall, fantastic stay! Would definitely choose this property again. There's alot of options on Orlando/Kissimmee area, but rest assured with this one! It'll make you happy!

Room Tip: Balconies are not available on the very front of the hotel. Three other sides have them. Request a f...
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for your candid review of our hotel. We are very fortunate to offer more than 100 kids suites at the hotel as they are very popular with our guests travelling with children. For safety reasons, none of the kids suites come equipped with accessible balconies. We're glad that you enjoyed your stay and our convenient location and will tell Stephen at the front desk that you'll be back again soon.

Reviewed April 8, 2012

This place has small bathrooms. I spoke to 2 other guest and they thought the same thing. Poor design. Hotel overall was ok. Having a food court is a plus after travel to the parks. I wouldn't stay again. To many other choices to put up with a the small bathroom.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank BrianGNC

Thank you for your candid review. Our staff take pride in providing our guests with clean, comfortable accommodations. Our hotel features two distinct towers. The bathrooms in the guest rooms in the front tower are smaller than the bathrooms in the rooms in the back tower. If your travels should bring you back to the Kissimmee / Orlando area in the future, please give us another shot and be sure to request a room in the back tower.