“loved it!!!!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #35 of 153 Hotels in Kissimmee
North Carolina
“loved it!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2006

We stayed at the radisson the end of march. I would highly recommed it to anyone going to orlando.We arrived at 1:30 pm and our room was ready so we were able to check in early at no extra cost.The pools were great. The heated pool is a big plus this time of year since the the water in the unheated pool was still very cold. There where activities for kids of all ages at the pool area everyday and live music in the afternoon. We got a sleep number bed room which was very clean and comfortable. The resort location is great. We could walk to the Arabian Knights dinner show, disney was 5 min from parking lot to parking lot, Seaworld and universal were only 10-15 min away. The shuttle to the parks has limited times so we chose to drive so we could come and go when we wanted to. Also be sure to get directions from the radisson web site because of all the I-4 consruction. If we had not done this we would have never found the place.
We will stay here agin on our next orlando vacation.

Stayed March 2006
7 Thank lucky-Honu

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (504)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2006

My husband and I added 2 days in the Orlando area after a businesss trip. We booked on line and were a bit hesitant after the reviews we read. We found this hotel to be an awesome deal. The room was not huge, nor the bathroom but it was clean, nicely furnished with a king sized bed with a select number matress. The morning buffet was outstanding with a person there to make omlets the way you like them. We wanted a big breakfast so we wouldn't have to spend so much money on food at the Disney parks. We were full all day on the outstanding breakfast. The pools were clean and a very comfortable temperature. There was a shuttle that took us to and from the parks at convenient times. There were lots of school bands etc there and they did a nice job of keeping them secluded from the rest of the guests. We would DEFINITELY stay at this hotel again! Thanks so much for the great time Radisson!

• Stayed April 2006
5 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2006

To begin with, the shuttle to and from the Ticket and Transportation Service has service that is very inconvenient and runs that are few and far between. Don't plan on coming back to the hotel before 4:00 p.m. unless you take a taxi. We spent more time getting to and from the theme parks than we had ever imagined! I thought the fact that the hotel was "1-1/2 miles from the Main Gate" meant that we could possibly walk if we missed the shuttle. I don't know how they measure their miles in Florida, but it was at least a 15 - 20 minute bus ride on the interstate and through construction--that is, when the bus doesn't break down! Our bus broke down one morning going to the Ticket and Transportation Center and there were many Disney buses that passed us up--because we were not with a Disney resort! The "kids eat free" plan is a joke. The restaurant is so expensive that of course kids can eat free when ordering from a very small selection. Oh, and if you want the 10% discount on food and beverage that is advertised on the internet, you need to tell the front desk about it when you register. Otherwise, you will have to deal with unprofessional people at the front desk who are definitely in need of customer service training. If it weren't for the very nice man at the restaurant, I would probably still be waiting to get my discount. The one thing that was positive about this hotel is that the bed was very comfortable. I did not pay extra for a "number" bed, but the standard bed was great. I will never go back to DisneyWorld again and not stay at a Disney resort!

• Stayed March 2006
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Travelers are raving about these Kissimmee hotels

Washington DC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2006

I just returned to Washington from Orlando, where I stayed at the Radisson. I can't fully agree with the previous posting. For a tourist class hotel, I found the Radisson to offer much better service and value for money than other comparable establishments.

I was in Orlando on business, so I can't evaluate the shuttle to the amusement parks. That said, the hotel staff were professional and courteous; the room was clean and looked as though it had been recently refurbished; and, judging from the shrieks of glee I heard, the pool area is a lot of fun.

Two areas that need improvement:

- The rooms should be "fe-breezed". Although I specifically requested a non-smoking room, there was a faint hint of stale of cigarettes in the room. (To be honest, the stench may have emanated from the room next to mine, which was occupied by a smoker.)

- The main restaurant's food is really quite mediocre for the price you're charged. Perhaps simpler fare at a more reasonable price is in order.

Other than that, I'd stay at the Radisson again if I were able to secure the same room night price ($63.00 per night).

• Stayed March 2006, traveled on business
5 Thank Moseley
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2006

•The room I stayed in (smelled, the curtains were yellow (presumably from tobacco smoke, although it was supposed to be a non-smoking room) and the window did not open to allow in any fresh air.
•The carpets in the hallway, particularly the elevator, were brown with dirt
•The restaurant was poorly run, although some of the individual waitresses were very pleasant. On my first day the restaurant manager even closed down the buffet at 9am, citing that they had to get the room ready for a large party, and that hotel guests would have to order a la carte and sit outside.
•The advertised shuttle to Epcot and Magic Kingdom actually only goes to Magic Kingdom, and does not go to Epcot at all. It supposedly returns from Epcot, although on the day I tried to return to the hotel from Epcot the shuttle never turned up! When I called the number on the advice sheet the number was out of service.
• The check in time on a weekend is horrendous. As I waited to speak to the manager about my complaints, I watched people stand in line at the registration desk for an hour. It was not a great end to a Friday for the adults who were waiting in line, nor a great start to a Disney weekend for their kids.

Enjoy Disney World and stay away from this hotel!

• Stayed March 2006, traveled on business
6 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2006

Nice place to stay when you are visiting Disney with kids. Bit overcrowded over the weekends. Security not that good. Free shuttel to Disney with Giovanni the driver as an expert commentator. Breakfast at the Madolin Cafe was just superb. Would come back, but not during springbreak.

• Stayed February 2006
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Woodbridge, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2006

Loved this hotel. My friend and I got a great rate (she used her college discount card), and the rooms were nice and clean as was the entire hotel. Service was great, and the grounds are very pretty. The pools are awesome! I believe they had 2? Very nice atmosphere. Close to Disney ,and other attractions/restaurants! Had such a plesant stay that I went back last year to the same hotel!

• Stayed June 2002
3 Thank xoannamariaox
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kissimmee
Holiday Inn Orlando SW - Celebration Area
Park Inn By Radisson Resort and Conference Center Orlando
Melia Orlando Suite Hotel at Celebration
Quality Suites Royale Parc Suites
Quality Inn & Suites By The Parks
Magic Moment Resort and Kids Club

Been to Radisson Resort Orlando-Celebration? Share your experiences!