“A good hotel...”

Radisson Resort Orlando-Celebration
Ranked #35 of 152 Hotels in Kissimmee
“A good hotel...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2006

Overall the hotel was nice. It was clean, and my non-smoking room did not smell like smoke which was nice. Beds were not all that comfortable and pillows made my neck hurt. Although I did have a standard room with no sleep number bed. Loved that my son ate free and loved the free transportation to the parks.

6 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (508)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Hoffman Estates, Illinois
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2005

I booked into this "resort" through Hotel.com for a week in Decemember of 2005. When we arrived at 4 PM, were told that the room was not ready, and we need to check back in an hour. After 5 PM, we came back again, and give a key for a first floor room. The entrance to the building was still being renovated. It had no bell service, and no carts to move luggage. The room smelled like it was drenched in bleach. The smell was so offensive, my 2 and 5 year old were gagging from it. I went back to the front desk and asked for a different room. They gave me another room on the first floor, which had the same problem. Upon close inspection, I noticed the windows were just patched up. It was obviously flooded recently, and they had to clean it with high strength solution. The place was so run down, Holiday Inn would seem like a palace compare to it. Paint was chipping off the wall, bathroom was dirty, furniture was old, even the sidewalk was in disrepair. Then there's that bleach smell all over. Only one building had high speed internet connection, which did not work in my case. I finally had to call ---- to cancel the stay, and moved to another more reputable hotel. Do not be fooled by the cheap price. This place is in no way a "resort".

10 Thank Gatfly

Travelers are raving about these Kissimmee hotels

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 18, 2005

We stayed at the radisson in Dec 2005 for two weeks.
After reading some earlier reviews we were a bit worried but found it to be a very nice hotel with all mod cons.
The decor is nice and bright, the rooms large and clean.
Asking for extra pillows and towels brought an immediate responce,and the room was cleaned every day.
The air con wasnt working when we arrived but a quick call to reception and it was fixed at once.
Food and drink was a bit pricey but you expect that inhouse,there was a supermarket 5 mins walk away which satisfied all needs.
The shuttle bus was excellent, on time every day and a very cheerful and friendly driver.
It serves the magic kingdom, seaworld,and universal.
It may get crowded in summer time but at this time of year, we were always able to pick our seats.
All in all a very nice place to stay if visiting the parks.

7 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
West Grove, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 5, 2005

My wife and I spent a few nights here and found it clean, comfortable, and convenient. We booked two nights on Quikbook(-) for $79 but when we arrived were told only one night had been booked and there would be an additional $10 charge for the extra night. It was late so we agreed, but then found our paperwork and went back to complain the next day. The problem was solved, but I still don't know whether it was an honest mistake or something else. We did not use the facilities (pool, restaurant, etc) but enjoyed our time there. The location is convenient to Disney (free shuttles) but not near the airport, so a rental car is required.

6 Thank Awarely
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2005

Me and my husband and kida and grandkids stayed there during thanksgiving. We booked our rooms six months ago in a package for king beds and to get them together we get there and have full beds. which they said they couldnt switch because the rooms were full Our room we entered had a big machine running and hoses going to the tub a big dryer on the floor we go down to the desk and they change our room away from everyone, oh yea and then we were hit with a extra fee each night for 3.50 per room which our package was paid in advance. We go and talk the next day to the manager he moves us back down to where everyone was but he wanted to put us back in the same room with the machines. Oh yea and after a long day at the park we go to get in our room that night and the code was changed go back down and they had down we checked out. Along with that the sink was stoppped up, they left the cleaning products in the bathroom.
One of the worst hotels I have stayed at. This is a bad hotel to be called a Radisson. Oh and by the way wait in long to get in the gate it was always lined up

5 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Fernley, Nevada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2005

I stayed here after an initial stay in 2003. They are in the midst of a large-scale remodeling. I specifically requested a remodeled room and stayed in Building 600. I noted that since my last stay, there have been many improvements, from the new (quiet) a/c unit, shower head, furniture, carpeting, drapes, and bedding. The interior hallways to the rooms have been changed dramatically for the better with an italian contemporary feel. Granite and marble in the bathrooms were beautiful and the bathroom is much larger than those at the Disney resorts. Yes, there was a little bit of mold in the bath/shower caulk, but folks, this is Florida. Mildew, mold, bad hair days, storms and hurricanes are just part of the deal. Plenty of towels, and when we needed more, they were brought within minutes with a smile. I requested the sleep number bed for $10.00 extra a night, and it's my fault I could not get used to it. We avoided the mini-bar altogether. Check in was okay-not overly friendly, not rude, just okay and efficient at 4:00 which was the check in time. Staff on the grounds and in Mandolin's Restaurant were exceptional (great breakfast buffet and custom made omelets). The pool areas and jacuzzis are wonderful. The grounds were immaculate-cleaner than Disney. I was not provided with the four digit # for the gates at night, but a quick press of the call button took care of it. My bill was left for checkout as promised. You can book rooms here for as low at $60. a night through a Mousesavers discount. I would not pay more than $80.00 per night, but it is a great alternative to the Disney resorts, and is conveniently located right off I4. My kids loved it, and want to go back. If you have kids, or a large group and need 2 adjoining rooms, this would be the place. BTW, eat at Ocean's 11 in the plaza next door-lobster bisque and filet mignon to die for, and reasonably priced to boot.

10 Thank rabrassard
Chicago, IL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2005

My wife and I spent 3 nights at the Radisson in early mid-November 2005 and I'm not sure what hotel the previous travels where staying, because this hotel very much measured up to what I expected. This is far and way the best hotel I've ever stayed at for less $75 a night. The rooms were a little small but adequate (how much time do you spend in your room). They are all very recently renovated, nice bathrooms. The pool area was very nice (the non-heated pool was cold but had a water slide, and there is a hot tub and another heated pool). The restaurants and check-in area are on par with a 4 star hotel; very, very nice. The best thing about this hotel is the FREE bus service to Disney World and other attractions. The bus driver (Giovanni), was very helpful with Disney advice. The bus has about 3 or 4 drop offs in the morning and 3 or 4 pick-ups at night at various locations (Magic Kingdom, Epcot (from there you can go to MGM or Animal Kingcom), Universal, and Sea World). It's almost as convienent as staying at a Disney resort for a third of the price. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone.

8 Thank CTartaglia
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kissimmee
Holiday Inn Orlando SW - Celebration Area
Ramada Kissimmee Gateway
Ramada Kissimmee Gateway
#39 of 152 in Kissimmee
3.5 of 5 bubbles 2,434 reviews

Been to Radisson Resort Orlando-Celebration? Share your experiences!