“Great family hotel, perfect for the parks!”

Radisson Resort Orlando-Celebration
Ranked #34 of 153 Hotels in Kissimmee
A TripAdvisor Member
“Great family hotel, perfect for the parks!”
Reviewed June 11, 2005

Stayed here at the beginning of May. The hotel is based on nice grounds with a lovely pool area with waterfall and slide. Rooms were spacious and clean. Great value for money Extremly handy for all the parks, basically just a five minute drive from the majority of them. Quite close to the premium outlets too which was a great plus! There is a great outdoor restaurant and bar beside the pool which serves good food. Suits all!

4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (510)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
florida
Reviewed May 24, 2005

I have read some of the reviews which makes me wonder if I stayed at the right hotel. Are we talking about the Radisson Resort Parkway in Kissimmee? Well, I have been taken to a new low in disappointment. The room was stale smelling, old and way too dusty. You could see the coat of dust in the arm chair without proper lighting. The sheets were very worn, ultra thin and there was a brown stain on the comforter, uck. We wore our shoes on the carpet and in the bathroom as we really felt dirty in this room. The elevator is old and waay too slow. Based on the website, and reviews, I was a little hiped to spend a couple of days, especially with 'Resort' being in the name. However, I will not, did I say NOT ever, ever, ever, ever, stay at this hotel again or recommend it to anyone I know. It also seems to be a little away from the action.

Boo hoo, now I know to do more intense research when booking a hotel. It seems some folks can't differentiate between the good, the bad and the just plain darn ugly.

• Stayed December 2004
10 Thank arethashines
, Assitant Director of E-Commerce at Radisson Resort Orlando-Celebration, responded to this review, May 30, 2005
I'd like to Thank you for your comments and let you know that we value them. Since this stay the Radisson Resort has replaced all of the carpets in the rooms and the hallways. We truly do belive in 100% guest satisfaction and wished you would have spoken to a Manager and gives a chance to make it right for you. We are sorry that you will not recommend our property, but hope that you will gives us another try as we have made improvements to our resort.

Travelers are raving about these Kissimmee hotels

Nova Scotia, Canada
Reviewed May 22, 2005

We stayed here for three days, May 14-17, 2005. We just came from St.Pete's beach where we had a great suite for a week. Our room at the Radisson was a bit of a let down. We are a family of five and the room was small. We were hoping there would have been a pull out sofa, no luck. The rooms have two double beds and a small chair. There is a mini bar, no fridge. We requested one ($5.35) and we never received one.
The beds have a duvet on it. That's it, no extra sheet or blanket. We found the duvets didn't stay on the bed very well and they are white! We didn't find the staff very friendly. We were in building 5 and the parking is quite a piece from the rooms and the elevator. There was a set of stairs near our room but this was for emergency only. The maid service was not that great. On our last day our towels and toilet paper was not replaced.
There are some good things about the Radisson. It is in a quiet area away from the I-92. But then it is close to the 92 and 4. We went to Seaworld one day and it is close by. It is also close to a Catholic Church (next to the outlet mall). There is a mass at 6:00 on Sat. (the front desk didn't know about this one, just the ones on Sunday).
We enjoyed the unheated pool with the water slide. We all found the water warm once you got used to it. This was the busiest pool when we were there. The heated pool was just too hot. (the air temperature was 92!)
There were lots of chairs and towels. The drinks are cheaper in the hotel store than the pool side bar where the tip was added on.
We ate next door at Oceans 11 (near Charleys). We were a little worried because there was hardly any one there. We were pleasantly surprised. The service and food was great. The best place we ate at during our 10 days in Florida. When we left there were more people there.
This was not our first choice when staying in Orlando. We had checked tripadvisor for hotels and then went to see my travel agent. The company which they deal with for packages on hotels only had the Radisson and a couple of other hotels available during the dates we wanted. When we were in Orlando, there were so many rooms available at other hotels at great prices!!!! If it was just my husband and me I wouldn't book before I left because there are so many great deals there.

• Stayed May 2005
6 Thank amd62
Edmonton
Reviewed May 21, 2005

We just returned from this hotel. We stayed there for 8 nights.
Would I recommend this hotel? Yes! It was clean, the rooms were fine. Honestly, we were only there to sleep and occasionally eat, but it was great! There were 5 of us in our room - myself, my husband, and our 3 daughters ages 2, 5, and 8.
What can I tell you. For the value, I would definately choose this over a Disney hotel. The Disney hotels would have cost us double, and for what? You're barely there! The shuttle service people were GREAT! Very nice, always loaded our stroller, etc. One time we forgot our Disney passes, and the driver drove my husband back to the hotel!! With small children, the advantage of a Disney hotel would have been that we could have gone back for an afternoon nap with our 2 year old, but Disney is so big, you still would have been travelling. However, the option of returning to the hotel in the afternoon isn't an option, but we were fine. There was only one time the bus was crowded, and we were there during spring break.
The restaurant was good for breakfast - which was included in our room rate. The pizza place made great pizza, and the fries portion was generous. Usually, we'd try to eat before we came home, but food was available. The pool was great. Yes, the unheated pool is cool for little ones, but my 8 year old loved it! Really, the pool area is beautiful.
The housekeeping staff were great - always gave us extra towels, and made the beds with my girls stuffed animals on top. Our rooms were always clean. We got a fridge, and they never charged us for it. They didn't smell, and they all have new carpet and duvets.
The bad things - our safe didn't work - so our passports had to be locked in the suitcase. They tried to fix it, but couldn't. I like when the sink area is separate from the toilet and shower, but it isn't. Still, with 5 of us, it was okay! Our room wasn't ready the first night - not a good thing at 1 AM. We couldn't get the room with 2 beds, so our girls shared a cot, and our 2 year old got a crib. It worked, and we weren't charged for that night.
Overall, if we go again, we'd stay there for sure! Especially if your kids are older - you could leave on the 8:30 shuttle, and come back anytime after 4 pm, and as late as 1 am. The only advantage to staying at a Disney hotel I could see was the extra magic hours at disney. I wouldn't want the Disney ID - I would rather spend cash!
Good luck!

8 Thank disneyvacationer2005
Reviewed May 15, 2005

Our family of four stayed at the Radisson Resort Parkway April 22-28. Although the first room we were shown smelled of cigarette smoke, we were moved to another room as soon as we called to make the arrangements. We smelled cleaning agents only once in our many walks through the halls and my older daughter and I liked the smell, lemony with a touch of cinnamon and not strong. We were in the 6000 building, and our room had new carpeting and fluffy white duvets on the beds plus high speed Internet access at no extra charge, which my husband used to check e-mails daily. Beds felt no different from the bed we have at home so guess, by some accounts, we must have a hard mattress. At our request, we were also given a cot for our older daughter at no extra charge (we were worried that if the kids shared a bed they would toss and turn and keep everyone awake). While we could hear the hotel guests in the room next to ours a couple of times, these were sounds of happy children playing, and once the children were in bed (after around 9:30) we could have heard a pin drop. Our children (nearly 2 and 4) loved the heated pool, we used it three or four times. Unfortunately, our 4 year old accidentally swallowed some water from a kids water park fountain at one of the parks and the next day had a fever, nausea, vomiting (note: suggest reminding small children to keep their mouths closed while running through fountains) so we spent a couple of days just watching movies in the hotel room and lounging by the pool. It was well worth the money to have a comfortable hotel that was more than just a base--it's worth remembering you'll be seeing a lot of your hotel room if you or someone else in your group gets sick. Also, at nearly 2 and 4, our children could go to the parks no more than a couple of days in a row, so we went to Seaworld, took 2 days off (eldest sick) then Disney's Magic Kingdom for the next two days, another day off and MGM on our last day. Pizza Hut saved the day for us a couple of times. To sum up, the elevators, halls etc were freshly redecorated as was our room, all looked exactly like the photos on the Web and we felt right at home. Also, the price was right -- we used our VISA rewards points to cover the cost and got their $85 a night rate. Would love to stay there again next time we are in Orlando area.

• Stayed April 2005
11 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Upstate, NY
Reviewed May 14, 2005

I stayed with my three children in Building 3 in mid-April. I found the registration staff less than welcoming, but that was balanced by the cleanliness of the room. Since I only paid $77/night (booking hotel and air together thru jetblue), I wasn't expecting much - just a clean place to stay with a free shuttle bus to Disney. I was pleasantly surprised by the good food at Mandolins restaurant (pricey for dinner, but kids eat free for breakfast), and by the fun pool and game room. When I say "fun pool" I mean the heated pool - in April, the large pool with the water slide (as youv'e read elsewhere on this site) was beyond cold. The shuttle bus was right on time, and extremely reliable, but DO get to the bus stop early, as seats fill up fast, and you'll be left standing (no fun at the end of a long day at the parks). We ate one night at Charley's across the street, which we later learned is one of the top ranked steakhouses in Florida. I would have enjoyed it more if I was just there with my husband (who couldn't make it on this trip) -- the kids' burgers were overdone, which at those prices was shameful. All in all, a great trip to take in April - remember coverups because it was cold at night, but the weather was perfect for the parks during the day. Would recommend this hotel highly for those looking to save on their accommodations portion of the travel budget.

• Stayed April 2005
8 Thank Srchn4Sun
Reviewed May 2, 2005

Our family stayed at the Radisson for one week in April. This was the first time we stayed outisde Disney and we were very pleased. For $107 this hotel can't be beat. It's conveniently located right off I-4 and Route 192 so it is a straight shot to the theme parks and only 15 minutes to Sea World. The grounds were well manicured and had a tropical feel. The main pool is impressive with the waterfall and slide. The second pool, which is not visible from the first (that was nice) was heated and is where we spent our time. There is a small arcade that kept our 13 year old son occupied. Inside the lobby is a small counter style restaurant to grab a quick snack or even Pizza Hut pizza. My first impression of the room is that we've been in larger rooms but it worked for us just fine. The beds were comfortable with fluffy down comforters. The bathroom was perfectly roomy with a marble floor and a nice clean bathtub/shower. Our iron didn't work and a simple call to housekeeping had our iron replaced with a courtesy call to make sure it was satisfactory. If at Disney, this hotel is close enough to take an afternoon break back at your room and then return to the parks. We'd definitely recommend this hotel if you are planning a stay in the area.

6 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kissimmee
Holiday Inn Orlando SW - Celebration Area
Ramada Kissimmee Gateway
Ramada Kissimmee Gateway
#38 of 153 in Kissimmee
3.5 of 5 bubbles 2,486 reviews

Been to Radisson Resort Orlando-Celebration? Share your experiences!