Grand Orlando Resort at Celebration
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Galleria Palms Hotel(Kissimmee)(Great Value!)
$105
$95
$231
Gaylord Hotels
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Comfort Inn Maingate(Kissimmee)(Great Value!)
$85
$76
Liki Tiki Village(Kissimmee)(Great Value!)
$115
$97
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Quality Suites The Royale Parc Suites(Kissimmee)(Great Value!)
$172
Preferred Hotels
Flamingo Waterpark Resort(Kissimmee)
$53
$49
Comfort Suites Maingate East(Kissimmee)(Great Value!)
$125
$108
Hotels.com
Star Island Resort and Club(Kissimmee)(Great Value!)
$93
Destiny Palms Hotel Maingate West(Kissimmee)(Great Value!)
$70
$65
4,231 results
All reviewsradisson resortpizza hutheated pooldisney parksgift shopmain poolmiriammandolinorlandopoolsdelishuttletikitubstheme
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 21, 2005

We just returned from this hotel. We stayed there for 8 nights.
Would I recommend this hotel? Yes! It was clean, the rooms were fine. Honestly, we were only there to sleep and occasionally eat, but it was great! There were 5 of us in our room - myself, my husband, and our 3 daughters ages 2, 5, and 8.
What can I tell you. For the value, I would definately choose this over a Disney hotel. The Disney hotels would have cost us double, and for what? You're barely there! The shuttle service people were GREAT! Very nice, always loaded our stroller, etc. One time we forgot our Disney passes, and the driver drove my husband back to the hotel!! With small children, the advantage of a Disney hotel would have been that we could have gone back for an afternoon nap with our 2 year old, but Disney is so big, you still would have been travelling. However, the option of returning to the hotel in the afternoon isn't an option, but we were fine. There was only one time the bus was crowded, and we were there during spring break.
The restaurant was good for breakfast - which was included in our room rate. The pizza place made great pizza, and the fries portion was generous. Usually, we'd try to eat before we came home, but food was available. The pool was great. Yes, the unheated pool is cool for little ones, but my 8 year old loved it! Really, the pool area is beautiful.
The housekeeping staff were great - always gave us extra towels, and made the beds with my girls stuffed animals on top. Our rooms were always clean. We got a fridge, and they never charged us for it. They didn't smell, and they all have new carpet and duvets.
The bad things - our safe didn't work - so our passports had to be locked in the suitcase. They tried to fix it, but couldn't. I like when the sink area is separate from the toilet and shower, but it isn't. Still, with 5 of us, it was okay! Our room wasn't ready the first night - not a good thing at 1 AM. We couldn't get the room with 2 beds, so our girls shared a cot, and our 2 year old got a crib. It worked, and we weren't charged for that night.
Overall, if we go again, we'd stay there for sure! Especially if your kids are older - you could leave on the 8:30 shuttle, and come back anytime after 4 pm, and as late as 1 am. The only advantage to staying at a Disney hotel I could see was the extra magic hours at disney. I wouldn't want the Disney ID - I would rather spend cash!
Good luck!

8  Thank disneyvacationer2005
Nova Scotia, Canada
Reviewed May 15, 2005

Our family of four stayed at the Radisson Resort Parkway April 22-28. Although the first room we were shown smelled of cigarette smoke, we were moved to another room as soon as we called to make the arrangements. We smelled cleaning agents only once in our many walks through the halls and my older daughter and I liked the smell, lemony with a touch of cinnamon and not strong. We were in the 6000 building, and our room had new carpeting and fluffy white duvets on the beds plus high speed Internet access at no extra charge, which my husband used to check e-mails daily. Beds felt no different from the bed we have at home so guess, by some accounts, we must have a hard mattress. At our request, we were also given a cot for our older daughter at no extra charge (we were worried that if the kids shared a bed they would toss and turn and keep everyone awake). While we could hear the hotel guests in the room next to ours a couple of times, these were sounds of happy children playing, and once the children were in bed (after around 9:30) we could have heard a pin drop. Our children (nearly 2 and 4) loved the heated pool, we used it three or four times. Unfortunately, our 4 year old accidentally swallowed some water from a kids water park fountain at one of the parks and the next day had a fever, nausea, vomiting (note: suggest reminding small children to keep their mouths closed while running through fountains) so we spent a couple of days just watching movies in the hotel room and lounging by the pool. It was well worth the money to have a comfortable hotel that was more than just a base--it's worth remembering you'll be seeing a lot of your hotel room if you or someone else in your group gets sick. Also, at nearly 2 and 4, our children could go to the parks no more than a couple of days in a row, so we went to Seaworld, took 2 days off (eldest sick) then Disney's Magic Kingdom for the next two days, another day off and MGM on our last day. Pizza Hut saved the day for us a couple of times. To sum up, the elevators, halls etc were freshly redecorated as was our room, all looked exactly like the photos on the Web and we felt right at home. Also, the price was right -- we used our VISA rewards points to cover the cost and got their $85 a night rate. Would love to stay there again next time we are in Orlando area.

• Stayed: April 2005
11  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed May 14, 2005

I stayed with my three children in Building 3 in mid-April. I found the registration staff less than welcoming, but that was balanced by the cleanliness of the room. Since I only paid $77/night (booking hotel and air together thru jetblue), I wasn't expecting much - just a clean place to stay with a free shuttle bus to Disney. I was pleasantly surprised by the good food at Mandolins restaurant (pricey for dinner, but kids eat free for breakfast), and by the fun pool and game room. When I say "fun pool" I mean the heated pool - in April, the large pool with the water slide (as youv'e read elsewhere on this site) was beyond cold. The shuttle bus was right on time, and extremely reliable, but DO get to the bus stop early, as seats fill up fast, and you'll be left standing (no fun at the end of a long day at the parks). We ate one night at Charley's across the street, which we later learned is one of the top ranked steakhouses in Florida. I would have enjoyed it more if I was just there with my husband (who couldn't make it on this trip) -- the kids' burgers were overdone, which at those prices was shameful. All in all, a great trip to take in April - remember coverups because it was cold at night, but the weather was perfect for the parks during the day. Would recommend this hotel highly for those looking to save on their accommodations portion of the travel budget.

• Stayed: April 2005
8  Thank Srchn4Sun
Haverhill, MA
Reviewed May 2, 2005

Our family stayed at the Radisson for one week in April. This was the first time we stayed outisde Disney and we were very pleased. For $107 this hotel can't be beat. It's conveniently located right off I-4 and Route 192 so it is a straight shot to the theme parks and only 15 minutes to Sea World. The grounds were well manicured and had a tropical feel. The main pool is impressive with the waterfall and slide. The second pool, which is not visible from the first (that was nice) was heated and is where we spent our time. There is a small arcade that kept our 13 year old son occupied. Inside the lobby is a small counter style restaurant to grab a quick snack or even Pizza Hut pizza. My first impression of the room is that we've been in larger rooms but it worked for us just fine. The beds were comfortable with fluffy down comforters. The bathroom was perfectly roomy with a marble floor and a nice clean bathtub/shower. Our iron didn't work and a simple call to housekeeping had our iron replaced with a courtesy call to make sure it was satisfactory. If at Disney, this hotel is close enough to take an afternoon break back at your room and then return to the parks. We'd definitely recommend this hotel if you are planning a stay in the area.

6  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Aurora, Illinois
Reviewed April 27, 2005

The rooms here are actually a reasonable size, but they are filled with boxy furniture and hence look smaller. The beds are very firm which was fine with me. The bathrooms are tiny though, and you have to do some maneuvering to close the door after you enter.

The pools are very nice. Our baby had a wonderful time playing in the heated pool. There were lots of kids playing with the water slide in the unheated pool, but I was not brave enough to go in.

Since this is a resort hotel, all of the food/drinks were expensive. A 15% tip is automatically added to the bills, and so if you are not careful, you might accidentally double tip them! Very annoying.... It is cheaper to walk across the street to the convenience store and buy your beer/wine there.

There is a lot of road construction going on right now, and so you sometimes have to take the next exit from the highway and double back. I recommend printing out a local map before going. The renovation work at the hotel currently consists of repainting the exterior of building 6. This did not bother us at all since we were out at the parks during the days. The parking is quite limited near building 6 however, and we needed to park on the other side of the complex on a couple of days.

The Mandolins restaurant at the hotel was quite good, but pricey. For cheaper fare, I recommend going to the Downtown Disney Marketplace, and eating at the Earl's Sandwich. In the evenings, there is a 30 minute line, but it is worth the wait! Otherwise go for lunch on the non-park days. The freshly-roasted beef just melts in your mouth, and the antipasto salad is quite upscale for a place like this.

• Stayed: April 2004