“Just good”

Ranked #35 of 152 Hotels in Kissimmee
Orlando, Florida
“Just good”
Reviewed July 4, 2014

Stayed here for the first time. Actually it was my first time staying with the Radisson chain. I thought it was just okay. Check-in was good. We had a room on the second floor facing the jacuzzi. The room had two beds.... Beds were kind of hard.. Room you can tell was renovated but did a lot of covering up.. Shower had a lot of moldy rusty spots and toilet constantly ran the entire night.. Another thing.. I know it's Florida but we had a huge cockroach (NOT A PALMETTO BUG) in our room that wanted to hang out with us! It came from the AC area and we were so afraid to check the AC again because we thought more roaches would come out!!

The stay itself was pretty decent but I think I would pick somewhere else to stay next time.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank JM11traveler
Tatianna782, Guest Relations at Radisson Resort Orlando-Celebration, responded to this review, July 23, 2014
On behalf of our entire staff at Radisson we apologize for the concerns you shared about your experience with the Ac unit and issues in the Bathroom in your guest room. I have addressed your concerns with our team, and I assure you we are working diligently to ensure 100% guest satisfaction. We appreciate the feedback and will use it to fine tune our operations in the hope that upon your next visit we can exceed your expectations.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (518)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed July 3, 2014

I have stayed here twice only because I got good pricing but this last time was the worst hotel experience. First, the shower pipe was coming off the wall, secondly the door to the bathroom came off the door (mind you a 6 year old was opening the door so it came off quiet easily), and lastly we found the ac unit was leaking over the carpet in the 3000 building only because my 1 1/2 year old baby sat on the carpet and ruined her new outfit. The front desk allowed us to switch to the room next door but didn't really seem apologetic. However, the room next door wasn't much better the shower pipe had so much caulking around it to hide the fact that it could come off the wall like next door and the ac unit made a dripping noise all night long. The only thing that's been remodeled is updated furniture and fridge but they charge you a 20 fee. I checked out a night early .... I wouldn't come back.

• Stayed June 2014
3 Thank Sdb314
Tatianna782, Tatianna at Radisson Resort Orlando-Celebration, responded to this review, July 23, 2014
On behalf of our entire staff at Radisson we apologize for the concerns you shared about your experience at this hotel. I have addressed your concerns on the guest room you were assigned with our team, and I assure you we are working diligently to ensure a similar situation does not occur again in the future. We appreciate the feedback and will use it to fine tune our operations in the hope that upon your next visit we can exceed your expectations.

Travelers are raving about these Kissimmee hotels

Reviewed July 2, 2014

I had a great time at this hotel/resort. The rooms are your average hotel room, housekeeping keeps them clean. The pool area is the draw in my opinion, and my family had a great time lounging by the waterfall. It was close to their bar which has great service. Our bartender, Miriam, was great, and made delicious drinks with amazing service. I highly recommend this place if you want a reasonably priced hotel near Disney.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Helen C, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Resort Orlando-Celebration, responded to this review, July 4, 2014
Thank you for your ‘Fun’ review about our resort and our lavish waterfall pool. Indeed, we are a prim location for Walt Disney World, local attractions, shopping, dining, and so much more. I have also shared your compliments with Miriam, and was more than ecstatic you enjoyed her ‘Delicious Drinks with an Amazing Service’.

Thank you again for the visit and looking forward to seeing you when your travel brings you back to the Orlando area!
Los Angeles
Reviewed July 1, 2014

I can't quite place my finger on this hotel. The interiors of the rooms were clean and freshly updated. The folks at check-in were friendly - but I could have done without the concierge yelling across the lobby to sell me something.

I can see this as a good hotel/location for folks with active kids, there is plenty of food options around and the Radisson offers lots of activities!

For a business traveler who needed a place for one night - it was just fine - totally A-OK!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank ErikaLosAngeles
Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience at our resort. Our team is thrilled that your have enjoyed their ‘Friendly’ service. We do strive and take great pride to provide an excellent customer service to our entire guest. Indeed, we are a top choice resort for families and business travelers with our many amenities, activities and complimentary Internet access.

We thank you again for staying with us and welcome you back when your travels bring you to the Orlando area!
Houston, Texas
Reviewed June 29, 2014

We stayed at the end of May, so I'm running a bit behind reviewing this hotel. Here we go...
The grounds and common area of this hotel is really nice. If the rooms matched the quality of the grounds, this hotel would be great. However, the room are marginal and the bathroom is less than that. On our first night, the toilet overflowed and we had to have someone fix it around 11pm. He was courteous and fixed it right away, I just have never had this problem at any other hotel before. There were brown water stains in the shower and the tub itself looked as if could use a good long bleaching session.
The maid service was lacking and it was easy to see that they were only doing the basics. They didn't change the sheets as I plainly requested on several occasions. They also didn't clean the shower either. How do I know? Hair was still in the shower and there was the same burn mark on the sheets for several days. I refused to leave a tip for such poor service and I hate not leaving a tip for the maids.
They also didn't vacuum the area in front of the elevator and left the room service food on the table by the elevator.
The building we stayed in was quiet and away from the pool. It seemed to be mainly couples and older travelers on our floor, which was wonderful because I didn't have small children with me either. On another positive note, the "pool guy" was nice, friendly and engaging.
I would recommend this hotel if you are going to be away for most of the day and only need a relatively nice place to stay. I've stayed at the Disney budget hotels(Sport, Music, etc) and the Radisson was much better. If you plan to be around the hotel and want a nice resort to hang out at then I would look elsewhere.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank ThatGirl2
Blairs, Virginia
Reviewed June 26, 2014

Overall our experience with this resort was good. The staff was friendly and helpful. We especially enjoyed Ashley, who is the bartender by the pool and Joseph, the waiter at the Mandolin restaurant. Both provided excellent service with smiles. The biggest downfall with this property is the parking! There's not enough & we had to walk a good distance, however there was complimentary bellhop service which made it bearable.

Room Tip: Stay in the 5000 building. It providd the best parking & seemed to be much nicer than the others...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Shannon Y
Thank you for taking the time to submit your review about our ‘Friendly Service’. I have shared your compliments with Ashley, and Joseph and they were more than delighted that they have met your expectations on service with smile. I am also thrilled to see you have enjoyed our luggage service and how convenient it was during your stay.

We thank you again for your visit and look forward to seeing you again when your travel brings you back to the Orlando area!
Regina, Canada
Reviewed June 26, 2014

We stayed here for one night before transferring over to our timeshare in the Kissimmee area. After checking into our first room (!), we discovered that carpet in the entrance way through to the bathroom and into the bedroom was completely drenched with (hopefully) water! We called the front desk and were immediately transferred to a different room on the same floor, but they didn't seem surprised at the trouble in our room and kept trying to tell us that maybe the air conditioner was just leaking when it was more like someone had dumped several buckets of water on the floor! Luckily the second room was dry! The beds were comfortable and the room was clean, but the fixtures were dated and the furniture was showing signs of wear.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank RoboticCanine
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kissimmee
Park Inn By Radisson Resort and Conference Center Orlando
Holiday Inn Orlando SW - Celebration Area
Melia Orlando Suite Hotel at Celebration
Quality Suites The Royale Parc Suites
Magic Moment Resort and Kids Club
Fairfield Inn & Suites Orlando Kissimmee/Celebration

Been to Radisson Resort Orlando-Celebration? Share your experiences!