“Comfortable”

Ranked #34 of 153 Hotels in Kissimmee
Toronto
“Comfortable”
Reviewed March 28, 2014

Despite the rooms having been renovated recently this hotel is a little tired. The staff were friendly, the grounds were very nice and the location can't be beat, but the second you walk down a hallway or step into an elevator you can tell that the hotel is nothing more than a 3 star.
We had two problems with our room which included a leaking air conditioner which made the carpet all wet and a mysterious flush in our toilet that would happen every hour or so. The front desk was very attentive and sent someone up straight away, but all the maintenance person said was that the air conditioner wasn't leaking as badly as some of the others and if it got worse to call him. He also tried fixing the toilet but of course it didn't randomly flush while he was there so he couldn't identify the problem.
For the price, this hotel was right for us, but in my opinion its a little below what I consider Radisson quality.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank honeymooninparis123
Helen C, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Resort Orlando-Celebration, responded to this review, April 2, 2014
On behalf of our entire staff at Radisson we apologize for the concerns you shared about your experience at this hotel. I have addressed your concerns with our team, and I assure you we are working diligently to ensure a similar situation does not occur again in the future.
We appreciate the feedback and will use it to fine tune our operations in the hope that upon your next visit we can exceed your expectations. If you wish to discuss your experience further, please contact me directly at the Radisson Resort Orlando- Celebration.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (510)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Reviewed March 27, 2014

My daughter and I stayed here from March 13-17th. We shared a double bed room. The room was quite nice, the bathroom was fairly roomy and clean. The water pressure is so-so, however the hot water stayed hot which was a plus. The beds were pillowy duvet-covered bits of heaven. Truly one of the nicest hotel beds I've slept on. There is a small refrigerator in the room, however no microwave. If you bring leftovers back you'll need to trek downstairs to reheat them.

The hallways are dated. They were also very warm, and smelled slightly musky. We stuck to the stairwells as the elevator nearest our room was out of order, as was one of the two down the hall. The "laundromats" consist of one washer, one dryer on certain floors. It took us four tries to find a washer and dryer that both worked. They are also expensive, and beware the dryer doesn't dry even a small to medium load in the alotted time.

The pools were beautiful. Clean, clear, and looked like a lot of fun judging from the families using them. We didnt' take dips this time- to cool for us less hearty souls. The poolside bar is simply adorable, however expect poolside resort prices for the drinks.

Lastly, breakfast. It does state clearly that there is no free, continental type breakfast however a buffet is available at their resort restaurant. We tried it one morning. Honestly? Meh. We were there at 8:15 am- right in the middle of the stated breakfast hours. The two scrambled egg trays were down to the scrapings. I'm sorry but if I'm paying what turned out to be $3 for breakfast for two people after taxes and tip the least they could do is keep the egg trays full. There were very minimal choices for hot entrees- scrambled eggs two ways, sausage links, bacon and biscuits and gravy. All in all, very disappointing for the cost. I recommend go to Ihop down the road or bring your own and eat in.

All in all a very good place to sleep if you're there to spend most of your time at the parks or in the pool. The movies in the lobby are a nice family touch and the staff was always courteous and pleasant.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Helen C, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Resort Orlando-Celebration, responded to this review, March 28, 2014
We are thrilled that your stay with us was enjoyable and memorable. We will all like to thank you for choosing the Radisson Celebration as we are fully aware that you have many options. We appreciate your business and we all look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Florida
Reviewed March 25, 2014

I wasn't expecting much when booking this hotel. But when we arrived, we were pleasantly surprised. The room was very clean, looks like it was probably recently remodeled, and there was even a mini fridge for our food. The price was good and we'd stay here again. The pool area was very nice, outdoor games for the kids, etc. Only complaint was the hard mattresses.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Helen C, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Resort Orlando-Celebration, responded to this review, March 27, 2014
Amherst, Massachusetts
Reviewed March 25, 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed here for our spring break. After reading bad reviews we decided that the hotel was just somewhere to sleep at night as we were spending our days in the parks. When we arrived we were greeted by a pleasant woman at concierge and our room was ready early. The lobby is extremely nice for the price of the hotel. The grounds are not immaculate but are moderately kept and quite nice. The pool is a little bit cold and there are leaves here and there, but the water slide and waterfall are perfect for children. The room was newly renovated and clean, it was nice for the price we paid. We were not asked to pay the resort fee, they stated it was paid with the package we purchased. The only complaint I have was on our last day we were sitting by the pool and noted a belligerent drunken young man stumbling around the pool. He fell into the pool, scraped his back, fell out of his seat, and vomited on the ground surrounding the pool. This went on for about an hour until the group of young men were escorted out of the pool area, causing many families to leave the pool. The issue should have been taken care of by the lifeguard or security before it ruined many people's day.

Room Tip: We stayed in building 1000, on the first floor on the side opposite the pool. It was not loud in our...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Naperville, Illinois
Reviewed March 24, 2014

I was originally staying here for two nights while attending a conference at the Gaylord Palms. All I really needed was a clean, quiet, cool room and internet access as I was working from early in the morning until late in the evening.

I checked in on Monday 3/17 and left my bag in the room and went to the conference. I returned late in the evening in the pouring rain. As mentioned in the other reviews the buildings are all separated - think "housing project". Had to park a block away as there were not spots available near my building. Walked through the rain to my building. Keycard let me in however the key did not open my room. After messing around with this for a while I walked through the rain to the main lobby. I was quickly given another key. Have no idea why it worked on the external door but not my room.

Went to turn on the AC however it wasn't working. Called the front desk and was curtly told to use the thermostat. Duh I never thought about that! The rooms are equipped with the old style units that mount to the lower wall. The one in my room had manual controls. Upon further examination I could see that the outlet it was plugged into was covered with soot that was apparently caused by some sort of electrical problem. This was room 1116 btw in case you get stuck with it.

Called the front desk to ask for another room.Was told it was impossible to find me another room with a king bed. Told the lady I just wanted a bed. Then told I would have to go to another building! Now it is approximately 2 AM and I have to get up at 5:30. Security guard came to my room and took me to my next room. AC worked in this room however it was so loud I had to turn it off. Seriously loud like a hair dryer.

In the morning I called the front desk and said I was checking out. Then told I was all good to go just leave the keys in the room. I had already made arrangement to stay at another hotel. Was never asked why I was checking out.

You can guess what happens next. Get an email from Radisson asking me about my stay where I checked out 2 days later than when I did! Had to call back the hotel and talk to several people before a manager updated my bill.

Obviously I am not recommending this hotel to anyone. In general this isn't in the nicest area. Lots of closed businesses and closed hotels.

At some point you'll see the hotel form letter below this review. Take it with a very large grain of salt.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
5 Thank Naperman

Travelers are raving about these Kissimmee hotels

Saline, Michigan
Reviewed March 24, 2014

I recently stayed at the Radisson resort for a week with my family and we were very dissapointed in this property.
The hotel is OLD and has not been refurbished. The carpet is old and smells. The elevators are slow and the housekeeping only cleans (poorly) after continued complaints.
In addition the large pool advertised on their website is not heated so trips in early spring are met by an ice cold pool. There is a smaller heated pool which lacks the waterfall and slide. In addition the hot tubs were in a continual state of repairt and non-function.
The hotel could be fantastic if they would maintain the property and clean the rooms but they don't and the staff at the front desk could care less; their attitude is yes another housekeeping complaint add it to the list.
It is defintely not what you expect from the Radisson name; in addition you cannot go to Guest Services with a question with out getting the sales pitch of why you should attend their "welcome" breakfast which is for their time share.
Overall I would skip this property; there are lots of clean hotels to choose from in the area.

2 Thank 445Lori_m
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed March 24, 2014

I had read an earlier review that you should not expect a typical Radisson, and that is true. The location of this hotel is great. It is just minutes to the parks. The pool area is fantastic. The dining and bars, just average. The deli is supposed to open at 5 but I was up early one day so I went down at 5:10 and it wasn't open yet. When it did finally open, I found that I couldn't get breakfast until 7. Wen I went back at 7:15, the chef hadn't shown up yet. The hotel is old and only parts of it had been upgraded. It still needs some more work. The staff was overall friendly and service good. The hotel is very noisy as this is a perfect place for large groups and families. A lot of small kids running around.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Helen C, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Resort Orlando-Celebration, responded to this review, March 25, 2014
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kissimmee
Holiday Inn Orlando SW - Celebration Area
Ramada Kissimmee Gateway
Ramada Kissimmee Gateway
#38 of 153 in Kissimmee
3.5 of 5 bubbles 2,482 reviews

Been to Radisson Resort Orlando-Celebration? Share your experiences!