“Value priced hotel with lovely landscaping and large pools”

Radisson Resort Orlando-Celebration
Ranked #35 of 152 Hotels in Kissimmee
New York
“Value priced hotel with lovely landscaping and large pools”
Reviewed March 16, 2014

I wanted to stay below $100.00 per night and also wanted a property with nice land scarping and large landscaped pool area. This hotel fit the bill and came in at $85.00 per night. The lobby and common areas were nicely decorated. The hotel had two huge pools which one was heated. There was a large heated secluded hot tub as well. We didn't eat in the restaurant so I can't comment on that. we did order some breakfast sandwiches' and a pizza from the snack bar located off the lobby. service was pleasant and quality of the food acceptable. Rooms were a little smaller then other hotels I've stayed at. The bathroom was small but adequate. Beds were comfortable as well. My only complaint was that the elevators in building 4000 needed vacuuming...the carpeted floors were pretty dirty. All in all I was satisfied with the location, facilities, service and price of this hotel.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Helen C, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Resort Orlando-Celebration, responded to this review, March 21, 2014
Thank you for taking the time in sharing with us your experience at our resort. We are pleased that your stay with us was enjoyable. I have also addressed your concerns regarding the elevator cleanliness. It is the mission of the staff and management team to ensure that we deliver a positive guest experience to our guests in all aspects.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (514)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed March 13, 2014

The berooms were nice enough, clean and comfy beds. However, the bathroom sink was growing mould, smelled awful with no ventilation and we were very disappointed with the staff and the amount added to our bill without warning. We would never have paid that much and it caused a lot of stress. It was also not close to anything but that is probably more to do with Orlando being so incredibly spread out.
Working in hospitality, I am very patient and often try to find the reasons behind things and talk to the staff for a solution. But there is no excuse for blatantly ripping off customers and consistent apathy from staff. My friend and I are young waitresses who saved hard for this. Hotels are more expensive in Australia so we were okay with paying over $100 per night since that gets you quite a cheap hotel here. NOTHING was said about the resort tax upon booking or check-in. I’m okay to pay if I’m warned about it but to have over $200 added on our bill at the end without warning is NOT OKAY. We also had free breakfast on our booking but upon check in we were told it wasn't included.

Before arriving, I emailed the hotel to let them know we would be checking in at 1am since our flight arrived in Orlando at 11:50pm. All I received back after almost a week was “yep I’ll let them know”, without any salutations or closing. That is plain disrespectful and if you are working on the desk at a hotel or representing any business, you should know better.
Towels weren’t in our room when we arrived which wouldn’t bother us, except when they came we were given WET towels? I called about this to receive some more and they said they were out of towels and more would be brought ASAP but we never received any. Nor did we receive an apology. Milk, coffee and toiletries were not restocked daily.
We asked the staff about public buses etc. because we wanted to save money on taxis and no help was given. We asked if there were any grocery stores nearby and we were told there weren’t, although through Google we found a 15 minute bus route to a Walmart and Aldi supermarkets. We asked them what there was to do around the hotel, and they shrugged.
The shuttles to DisneyWorld are limited and only take you to Epcott Centre, not to the Magic Kingdom or Hollywood Studios and we wish we’d known this.
Finally, my friend was waiting for an important letter to arrive. They called our room to say it arrived, but when we went to reception then told us they had lost it. She never received it. I don’t understand.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank astrhannaut
Helen C, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Resort Orlando-Celebration, responded to this review, March 14, 2014
On behalf of our entire staff at Radisson we apologize for the concerns you shared about your experience at this hotel. I have addressed your concerns with our team, and I assure you we are working diligently to ensure a similar situation does not occur again in the future.
Grand Rapids, MI
Reviewed March 12, 2014 via mobile

I am currently staying at the Radisson Resort in Orlando. After a lengthy checkin process, and about 20 minutes trying to find a parking spot I finally arrived at my room. I booked a king room and received 2 queens. Upon speaking to the front desk they stated due to spring break they are sold out and accidentally gave away our room, and our only recourse is to ask for a discount from our booking agency. Very unorganized and unprofessional work practices. I never leave negative reviews of this nature, but I am seriously disappointed in how we are being treated as guests at this hotel.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Random_PJA

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed March 11, 2014

Hi, My husband and I had the wedding of a life time at your hotel almost 7 years ago when we traveled from Ireland with 50 guests to exchange our vows. I have been emailing the hotel on a standard customer service email to see if I can organize a nights stay and dinner as a surprise for my husband. We fly to Orlando on the 11th of April with our two children and we have already arranged accommodation on International Drive but I was hoping to stay in the hotel around the 16th. Can you please let me know if there are any mid-week offers we could avail of to stay for the one night and have an evening meal. I would love the opportunity to show our children exactly where all of our wedding pictures were taken :)
Kind Regards,
Audrey

Room Tip: Pool view rooms are only fantastic.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for choosing the Radisson Resort Orlando- Celebration. I am thrilled to see you are interested in making reservation at our property. To find our rates and availability please contact us directly by email or phone. The information is listed below.
407-396-7000 or Radisson.res@interstatehotels.com
Reviewed March 9, 2014

The hotel was close to old town, the town of celebration which was beautiful, disney , and stores. Beautiful pool area , loved the water slide and heated pool. Rooms were nice and clean and definately will return if im in the area.

• Stayed February 2014
Thank you for taking the time in sharing with us your experience at our resort. We are pleased that your stay with us was enjoyable. It is the mission of the staff and management team to ensure that we deliver a positive guest experience to our guests in all aspects.

We thank you for choosing the Radisson Celebration as we are fully aware that you have many options. We appreciate your business and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Miami, Florida
Reviewed March 8, 2014

Even though the place was cheap and nicely located (just a few miles away from the Disney parks), I could say that this has been one of the worst hotels I have ever slept in my life. The bathroom was covered in body hairs.There was a not so mysterious yellow stain under the toilet and brown stains on some of the towels.Once i saw this disaster i told the lady in the Lobby and they gave me another room. Now here goes the funny part, the second room was dirtier than the first one, so i decided to stay at the first one. They told they'll go and clean it the next day, that never happened. Ops , i almost forgot about the free internet, i coud not get my phone to connect to the wifi, so i would say that the free wifi advertising is fake. The TV remote control did not work. My very strong recommendation is to avoid this hotel at all costs. I hope this review persuades someone who was going to stay there to cancel or change their reservation and stop giving money to people who pretend to be in the hospitality business.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank esnilcys m
Helen C, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Resort Orlando-Celebration, responded to this review, March 11, 2014
On behalf of our entire staff at Radisson we apologize for the concerns you shared about your experience at this hotel. I have addressed your concern with our team, and I assure you we are working diligently to ensure a similar situation does not occur again in the future.
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed March 6, 2014

My boyfriend took me here for Valentine's weekend and I have mixed feelings about it. Our ac unit wasn't working when we got there so we went down to tell them, upon coming back a guy was walking out of our room and held the door open for us. Didn't ask us our names, room number no nothing. Nor did he say who he was until after my boyfriend asked. He was the maintenance guy... So our tv wasn't programmed. He left and said he would get right on it... The next night our tv still hadn't been programmed. The room was clean as was the restroom. Just know there isn't anything special about this hotel and the elevators were broken the entire time.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Helen C, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Resort Orlando-Celebration, responded to this review, March 7, 2014

Also consider these accommodations in or near Kissimmee
Holiday Inn Orlando SW - Celebration Area
Park Inn By Radisson Resort and Conference Center Orlando
Quality Suites The Royale Parc Suites
Melia Orlando Suite Hotel at Celebration
Fairfield Inn & Suites Orlando Kissimmee/Celebration
Magic Moment Resort and Kids Club

Been to Radisson Resort Orlando-Celebration? Share your experiences!