“Worst Reservation Desk Ever”

Radisson Resort Orlando-Celebration
Ranked #37 of 154 Hotels in Kissimmee
Reviewed December 28, 2013

Can't believe I feel desperate enough to write a review at 3 am after checking in from a long flight. We reserved 2 rooms through expedia and I called the hotel front desk and spoke with agents multiple time requesting connecting rooms, which they understandably said they could not guarantee, but they said they will give rooms close to each other. I explained that I am traveling with a 4 months old and a walking disabled father, so it is truly important to be near each other. I also mentioned that we will reach after midnight, please hold our reservation. Now they have given us 2 rooms in 2 different buildings, their definition of "close". The front desk was insincere and not even once said sorry - only "there is nothing we can do". You can see from my profile, I travel extensively and have stayed at many reputed properties, this is the worst front desk experience ever. I will update my review after my stay is over to talk about the rest ....

Stayed: December 2013
5  Thank Bhattaam
Tatianna782, Executive Assistant at Radisson Resort Orlando-Celebration, responded to this reviewResponded December 31, 2013

On behalf of the staff at the Radisson Resort we apologize for the inconvenience with your original room request. We are working diligently to ensure 100% guest satisfaction

Reviewed December 26, 2013

This hotel charges you very high resort fee ($20 per night). When you bid from priceline or third party of agent, they will not tell you this fee. This is a fraud, do not bid on priceline.

Hotel itself is overall good, but not worth to pay $20 extra. You can find hotels much much more better than that at this price. If you think you get a deal for very low price for this hotel, you are wrong, stay away from them.

2  Thank Wagashimichi d
CarlsonRezidor, Online Customer Support at Radisson Resort Orlando-Celebration, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. In regards to the nightly resort fee, this fee is mandatory for all guests and includes many onsite services that guests utilize daily and enjoy the included value during their stay. We hope for another opportunity to exceed your expectations.

Reviewed December 24, 2013

We were quoted a competitive price and when we checked out found they added $17.00 per day for "Resort Fees". Complaints to the manager were useless. This is definitely a "bait and switch" operation. At one end of the building the elevators were out of order resulting in retracing our footsteps.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank bob d

We apologize for your concerns in regards to the resort fees. The Resort fee has been in place as we offer multiple amenities for our valued guest, such as WIFI, daily activities, shuttle service to Disney theme park and 24 hour access to our full service business center.

Reviewed December 23, 2013 via mobile

Considering I picked up a reservation from Hotwire last minute at an excellent rate, I was very satisfied. I have a family of four and we have season passes to Disney and we would sooner camp somewhere over staying at a hotel that is super expensive or cheap motel, but this trip was planned at the last minute and we didn't have time to prepare for all of that. This place was definitely an upgrade from many of the cheap rates in the area, but it shouldn't be compared to the resorts you can find at Disney. We were going to the parks, so we were looking for a nice clean room at a place that would have some extras for the kids at night. We didn't go to spend the vacation at the resort. The room was small but comfortable and very clean. The place looks newly renovated and the beds were really comfortable. The staff was pleasant and the couple of calls we made for requests (extra coffee, bandaids) were immediately answered. They had two kids movies a night in their theater. Anyone coming to Disney needs to do their research before they come in regards to tickets. It's very confusing sometimes and def worth finding the best deal. They do have a shuttle service but we didn't use it because we didn't want to be tied to its schedule. The first shuttle is at 735 which is great to get to the parks early but it doesn't come back until 545 which is too long for small kids that have been up at 6am to catch the shuttle there. All in all, it fit our needs perfectly. It allowed us to get a resort feel at 1/10th of the price at Disney. It's also worth mentioning there are tons of places to eat around the resort that are very affordable which is a convenience that resorts closer to the parks simply can not offer. If you are looking for a spare no expense vacation though, this probably isn't the place for you. If you are looking for a comfortable clean room with some amenities to bide your time until you go back to the park, give them a shot!

Stayed: December 2013
2  Thank mholdenpvb
Tatianna782, Executive Assistant at Radisson Resort Orlando-Celebration, responded to this reviewResponded December 27, 2013

Thank you for acknowledging the fun amenities we have to offer our valuable guests. We have enjoyed your visit and we hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to the area!

Reviewed December 22, 2013

My husband and I arrived to the hotel after a long flight and all we wanted was to settle down in our room and rest, instead we found a receptionist who after doing the check in for us and after she was told by ourselves how tired we were, she referred us to another desk for park tickets! Since we were going to visit the parks we thought we stop by to pick some brouchers and look them up later. The guy started talking over and over and came up with a story that since it was some kind of anniversary that the radisson was celebrating they had some offers for the day only which we should not miss! To cut a long story short we ended up buying some tickets from this guy were he only accepted cash only and we were to pick the tickets the following day from another resort. The following day we did as told by going to the other resort to pick up the tickets, only to be informed that we had to take a 2hour tour in this resort before and failing to do so we could not get the tickets. It was then when we noticed that the guy that was at our hotel was a timeshare, and since we were not interested in any timeshare we decided to cancel the tickets and get our money back, but no way you get the money in cash, as we paid! Instead we were give the money on credit in a visa card given by the timeshare company. This visa could not be used in restaurants and most of the shops did not accept it! So all this could have been easily avoided if the receptionist did not send us to a timeshare rep knowing that we were deadly tired! Secondly we were given a room with two beds, so once in the room I called and asked for a room with a king size bed as booked but we were told that there where no rooms available with a king size bed, and that i should call the next morning. I called for the next three mornings only to be given the same reply everyday! This is not the Radisson I was expecting, since this was not our first time to stay in a Radisson. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone. It needs refurbishing and some good customer/guest care. Besides it was very noisy during the silent hours, noises coming from the corridors. This hotel has only the name of Radisson but nothing else is Radisson.

Room Tip: Simply avoid this hotel if you want a relaxing and a good night sleep.
2  Thank Anna41Malta
CarlsonRezidor, Specialist, Online Customer Support at Radisson Resort Orlando-Celebration, responded to this reviewResponded December 28, 2013

We apologize for the disappointing service you received from the staff. We want to make sure our guests are comfortable and receive the best “Yes I Can!” service. To discuss your concern further, please contact Corporate Customer Care.

Reviewed December 22, 2013

1. Small & dirty rooms
2. Rude operators
3. Only 2 bottles of drinking water per day - and they say 'its complimentary as part of resort fees' (which is mandatory !)
4. Room door for my friend was not even opening
5. Elevators were not working - we had to use stairs
6. Free shuttle only to Disney - No free shuttle to other places
7. No Free Breakfast

Room Tip: A/C units are pathetic !! They make lot of noise !! Also if any one walks in the passage & utter...
2  Thank avinash k

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We apologize for all that you encountered during your stay. We take pride in our “Yes I Can!” culture and do apologize that you did not receive this level of service. We take the time to listen to your constructive comments, so we can continually improve our services. We hope for another opportunity to exceed your expectations.

If you would like to discuss your stay further, please contact Corporate Customer Care.

Reviewed December 19, 2013

Yelp was pretty much spot on with their average here, though I think its a bit below even the yelp average. This is a hotel that looks like it has a lot going for it, but its a mirage.

My only reason for staying here is because it's what priceline gave me. They called it a 3 star hotel, maybe 3.5, and I think I got it for a 40 or 45 bid, so you can't beat that. However, had I done a normal hotel search, I would not have picked it based on these reviews.

Anywho, my girlfriend and I arrive at the hotel at 10:00 or so on a Saturday night. Keep in mind, I paid on priceline - you know, the website where you bid the total you want to pay and get charged instantly? Upon check-in, the front desk tells me there is a $17 resort fee, not optional. I would like to go on a rant about this - about how you can have a non-option fee that isn't included in your price; about how you can accept a bid on priceline where the person thinks they are bidding the total they want to pay, and not warn about the resort fee before accepting, or not include the resort fee in the bid - but I won't rant. I'll send letters to both the hotel and priceline, and probably my senators and congressman, too, because how this is a fair business practice is beyond me

ANYWHO, I complained and in the end, they waived the fee because after all, checkout was only 13 hours away so we wouldn't have the chance to use the resort anyway. This is the sole reason this place isn't getting 1 star.

We go to our room, and we're pretty impressed. It's a nice big room, very comfortable. Some [--] left the AC turned all the way up on a day in Florida that didn't break 65, so that was annoying, but otherwise it was a nice room. Our problems didn't begin until the next morning. You see, we came in, showered and went out again. The TV was on, we were both showering, so we didn't notice an issue. And when we came in late at night, everyone in the hotel was asleep. However, cue the next morning and what we discover is the hotel is essentially constructed of paper. We could hear every noise coming from all of the surrounding rooms and we could hear every conversation, clearly, coming from the hallway. And these weren't people shouting - these were people having normal conversations. And, since its a Disney neighbor hotel, everyone was getting up at the crack of dawn to get back to the parks. Its was horrible. The noise woke us up around 7 and we never got back to sleep.

Honorable mention for their horribleness goes out to 2 groups. First, the hotel staff, who should know better but were actually shouting to each other down the hallway at 8 AM. Second goes to the chaperones and mothers of the girls who were staying at the hotel for a cheerleading competition. Your girls are on the way to a competition. Shouting their cheers in the hallway at 8 or 9AM is NOT acceptable. Their parents should be shot, and we should invent parenting licenses just so we can take theirs away. Far be it for me to tell someone how to raise their kids, but I'm not talking about what to feed your kids, I'm saying tell them to keep it down till they are outside that people in these rooms might be sleeping. Doesn't take a parental expert to know that - just someone with common human decency, which none of these chaperones had.

Needless to say, I will be watching where I bid next time if I use priceline in Orlando, because I do not want this hotel ever again.

3  Thank tbow77

On behalf of the staff at the Radisson Resort we apologize for any inconvenience during our recent visit to the Radisson resort Orlando-Celebration. . We are working diligently to ensure 100% guest satisfaction

Also consider these accommodations in or near Kissimmee
Melia Orlando Suite Hotel at Celebration
Holiday Inn Orlando SW - Celebration Area
1 mi away
Quality Suites The Royale Parc Suites
Park Inn by Radisson Resort & Conference Center Orlando
Comfort Suites Maingate East
Fairfield Inn & Suites Orlando Kissimmee/Celebration

Been to Radisson Resort Orlando-Celebration? Share your experiences!