“Not Bad for $39/night + View of Magic Kingdom Fireworks!”

Radisson Resort Orlando-Celebration
Ranked #41 of 155 Hotels in Kissimmee
Reviewed December 4, 2013

Travel duck is back after a long hiatus quacking around the home-front! We brought the kids to Disney last weekend, and me, being a budget-minded duck, wanted a decent hotel at a low price. The disney resorts start at $159/night for a low-end Days Inn type property. So, I thought I would try the Radisson when I found it on Priceline for $39/night. Ok, to be honest, I found a three star express deal on Priceline for $39/night, and then figured out it was the Radisson using a little trick (feel free to message me for details). I digress...

We checked in the hotel and I was given a handicapped room in the 6000 building on the 8th floor. However, me being a taller duck, wanted another room, returned to the front desk and was cheerfully given a free upgrade to a room on the 6th floor facing the pool. When putting the kids to bed the night before the visit to the park, I heard the sound of fireworks. Then, I looked out the window to see the Magic Kingdom fireworks going off! What room you ask? Well, you need to be in the 6000 building on a floor 6 or higher, towards the closer end of the property. Duck Tip: Ask for Room 6615, 6715, or 6815 for the fireworks view!

So, the next day, we took the shuttle to the Magic Kingdom, it was really quick about 10 minutes (actually, it takes you to Epcot, and you get on the tram to go to the Magic Kingdom. This is important later, so keep reading...)

After enjoying the Magic Kingdom, we proceeded back to Epcot (via two trams) to wait for the last 11:35 shuttle back to the hotel. Well, the shuttle comes at 11:40 (not bad) but instead of taking us back to the hotel, it goes.. wait for it ... back to the Magic Kingdom to pick up guests from a different hotel! What? We left Magic Kingdom early to go to Epcot for the shuttle and it proceeds right back to Magic Kingdom. Since this stop was not on the schedule, we inquired of the unfriendly driver who proceeded to ignore us while blasting his radio at now 12:15 a.m. Then, he dropped off the other guests at another hotel first!

The next day, we inquired of this unexpected stop(s). The friendly hotel clerk told us that the other hotel has a contract with the shuttle company for a Magic Kingdom stop but not the Radisson. Duck tip: if you take the last shuttle back from Epcot at 11:35, be prepared for two additional stops and a 30-40 minute ride back to the hotel.

As for the property, the rooms were fine, especially at $39/night (+$15 resort fee). But, the property as a whole is very worn, especially the net-less basketball game rusting out in the rain, peeling paint, and scuffed doors. Or, the completely tacky blown up Santas outside by the pool. Come on. The snack shop is reasonably priced, but the decor and feeling of the hotel overall was very dated.

As for the resort fee, I did not mind it because the hotel let you know about it up front and parking at Disney would cost $15 anyways (free shuttle remember?)

And, I thought the employees were really friendly and nice - always saying hello to the guests.

In conclusion, it is not bad for a night or two as long as you do not mind a dated property and a crazy shuttle bus driver who blasts his music at midnight while stopping at other hotels while you are dreaming of your sleep number bed.

Finally (you thought I was done?), no canned responses from the hotel please :) And, folks feel free to message me for additional questions or duck tips!

TD

Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank travelduck111
Tatianna782, Executive Assistant at Radisson Resort Orlando-Celebration, responded to this reviewResponded December 27, 2013

Write a ReviewReviews (4,190)

Reviewed November 28, 2013

worst experience ever, dirty and feel like a old motel. Charged $15/day so called "resort fee". Use that $15 more to find another much better hotel. It has been very happy trip for family this Thanksgiving holiday. Stayed at Radisson Resort hotel at last day of the trip and it was worst experience ever. If I were you, watch out this hotel. There are so many nice hotels in Orlando area with cheaper rate.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Shelley H
Tatianna782, Executive Assistant at Radisson Resort Orlando-Celebration, responded to this reviewResponded December 2, 2013

On behalf of our entire staff at Radisson we apologize for the concerns you shared about your experience at this hotel. I assure you we are working diligently to ensure 100 % guest satisfaction.

Reviewed November 26, 2013 via mobile

This was my first stay here and booked it from Bookit.com through a great deal. November 22-26,2013. The hotel room was awesome, renovated very comfy beds, big sized fridge in room, TV and table etc. There is free wifi in the hotel but its very slow in the room itself, but once I stepped out into the hallway it was working great. This resort has heated pool and hot tub outdoor, Pizza Hut Express and serves Starbucks coffee on premise. The location of the hotel has many shops within a 5-15 minute walk such as pharmacy, quick groceries, Wendys, Starbucks, IHOP, Ice Cream. Free shuttle to Disney parks and nearby Shopping Mall plaza. The only negative part was that this hotel charges nightly resort fees and is charged upon departure separately. We paid about $60 in total for 4 nights stay in fees. This was still a great deal with my bookit special. The staff here were all friendly and smiles. Just be aware of the TimeShare deals the Guest Services offers for discounted Disney Tickets, not worth the time ! Other than that, I would stay here again. Oh the older short lady that works the bar outside was wonderful !

• Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank xxmike83xx
Tatianna782, Executive Assistant at Radisson Resort Orlando-Celebration, responded to this reviewResponded November 27, 2013

I am thrilled to see that you enjoyed your time at the hotel!

I have shared your compliments with Miriam our pool bar attendant. Thank you for giving me the opportunity to recognize her for a job well done!

On behalf of our entire staff at Radisson we thank you for your business and hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to the area!

Reviewed November 25, 2013

Well placed hotel and well kitted out for visitors.

Large rooms, 40+ inch flat screed tv, big comfy beds, linen changed every other day, full size fridge in room, Pizza Hut on site that deliver to your room! Fast reliable wifi. Also loads of towels in the bathroom!

Plenty of on site parking too, ice machines (free) and drinks venders on all floors, the pool bar makes some awesome cocktails!

Various outdoor heated pools and jacuzzi pools.

Good facilities nearby on foot (supermarket, steak house, etc)

Superb base for Disney and i4 access.

For the price we paid it was a bargain, if we had kids I would stop in a Disney hotel for the fun factor, otherwise this place is fine.

Please note(some refurb works underway, contractors are well behaved and quiet)

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank CCWalker250

Thank you for your Positive feedback,

I am thrilled to see that you enjoyed your time at the hotel!

Reviewed November 24, 2013

Hotel is in the renovation phase, but the upgrades were very nice. Spacious living quarters, big double beds,decor nice. No bugs found in room, AC could be looked at for temperature adjustment, overall everything and everybody was good. The staff were very professional and made you feel welcome! Special thanks to "Uncle Steve", the hospitality industry needs more folks like him and also to Joseph the waiter in the Mandolin Restaurant, for excellent service and always attentive to the needs of the customers, and last but not least, Andrew, the bellman who was prompt,courteous and nothing was too big or small for him to tackle when it came to the needs of the guest.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Kitten B
Tatianna782, Execuive Assistant at Radisson Resort Orlando-Celebration, responded to this reviewResponded November 27, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to complete our guest satisfaction survey. I am thrilled to see that you enjoyed your time at the hotel!

I have shared your compliments with Steve, Andrew and Joseph, and they where honored that you mentioned them by name. Thank you for giving me the opportunity to recognize my team for a job well done!

Reviewed November 24, 2013

My family and I (8 total-2rooms) stayed here in October. Our rooms were modern and very comfortable. We just love the hotel. We went to the theme park for two days and enjoyed the hotel for the other 2 days. We loved the heated pool. The bartender at the heated pool was amazing. We felt we were at a beach resort. It was so laid back and relaxing. The staff was so friendly and helpful in every way. We will definitely stay here again. Thanks for a wonderful vacation..

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Lynette J

Thank you for your feedback, We appreciate your business and look forward to you return.

Reviewed November 22, 2013

My family and I stayed here for long weekend getaway from Atlanta. We were very pleasantly surprised by the relaxed resort feel of the property and the super-friendly staff. Our rooms were in the newly renovated tower and were beautiful. Very comfortable beds, great design and very new feeling, and very nicely appointed including fridge, coffee maker and safe. But the best part was the friendliness was the staff. Everyone was so friendly and helpful - the front desk at check-in and checkout, the deli, the lounge, the poolside tiki bar lady was fantastic, and even the late evening manager on duty who came to our rescue when we arrived at the hotel the first night just as the food service was closing done, Even though it was our fault for being late getting in, he quickly volunteered to run to the kitchen and throw some pizzas in the oven while we relaxed and waited in the lounge. 15 minutes later our party of 9 famished and weary travelers were enjoying Pizza Hut Pizza, and were soon ready to get to bed to get up in 6 hours for a full day of Disney. We thoroughly enjoyed our 4 night stay, and when back in Orlando will definitely stay at this hotel again!

Room Tip: Great views from the poolside rooms in the 2800 building tower