“Good resort hotel”

Radisson Resort Orlando-Celebration
Ranked #41 of 155 Hotels in Kissimmee
Reviewed September 27, 2013

Just stayed here for a few days and it was great to find a hotel in the US where breakfast is included in the price of the room. This hotel is also quiet - a big plus for a light sleeper - and the staff are friendly and helpful. This hotel is also right next to the ports for the cruise lines. If you still have kids you can set them free here and they will entertain themselves. I recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: They all seem to be equally good.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Tatianna782, Executive Assistant at Radisson Resort Orlando-Celebration, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2013

We are happy to here you enjoyed your Radisson Stay !

Write a ReviewReviews (4,190)

Reviewed September 23, 2013

We visit orlando monthly. It is the place where we can get away quickly and enjoy ourselves. We originally started our stay with a TERRIBLE EXP. the bed was so uncomfortable that my husband and i called the manager to ask him to switch us. he originally told us this is not possible. He actually yelled at me, which had it ended there would have led to a way different review. However, he apologized, moved us and made it right. The property is gorgeous and it is really family friendly; the back area has things like lifesize chess. Two pools, a ping pong table, tiki bar and walk up pizza. the gym is kind of cool, in that it looks over the pool area, and it has a nice tv to keep you entertained. I wish there was more variety on the machines, but it worked. Lastly, check in was amazing. they were really helpful, and once when i had to grab a bandaid, one of maintence workers actually brought me an entire first aid kit;
the movie night in the lobby is so cool and such a nice wind down for the family. The lounge area is nice and comfy and the shopping area is great, although it closed at 1, and my only complaint is that i wish it was 24 hour.

Keep in mind that there is ongoing construction and you MUST request a sleep number bed or your trip WILL be ruined. The service and ambiance made this trip INCREDIBLE!!!! i WILL be back 100%

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank vmr24

On behalf of the Radisson Resort Orlando-Celebration we appreciate your positive feedback and look forwarded to your return

Reviewed September 22, 2013 via mobile

Pools were absolutely beautiful!! The rooms could use a little updating but overall it was a great stay!! Staff was very friendly and helpful especially Michelle in the sports lounge! Can't wait to come back!!

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank Jmzhn
Tatianna782, Executive Assistant at Radisson Resort Orlando-Celebration, responded to this reviewResponded September 23, 2013

I am thrilled to see that you enjoyed your time at the hotel!
I have shared your compliments with Michell and she was honored that you mentioned her by name. Thank you for giving me the opportunity to recognize her for a job well done!
On behalf of our entire staff at Radisson we thank you for your business and hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to the area!

Reviewed September 20, 2013

I stayed at the Radisson Orlando for one night on a business trip.
Based on my European standard and from someone who lives in Hong Kong I have to say that the room was massive !! The decoration is nice but it is true that the facade of the building is quite old.
The hotel charged me 15$ on top of what I paid through a third party website so I wouldn't say it was actually a cheap rate, and this is the reason I wouldn't rate it 5 stars.
Also some drilling in the morning because they are renovating but nothing bad.
On the whole I would recommend this hotel, it is close from the Disney, restaurants, it is clean and room have a decent size.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business

On behalf of our entire staff at Radisson we thank you for your business and we hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to the area!

Reviewed September 20, 2013

We spent less than $80 for a night at this hotel and while the room & bathroom was small for a family of 5, overall we enjoyed our stay. The activities for younger kids (under 9) by the pool were great, as was the free ice cream (for adults too, and they did not skimp on the ice cream. I couldn't finish my cup), and movie night in the lobby. The hotel is older and you can tell but it's relatively well kept.
Nearby is a market and some restaurants. The hotel is on a quieter road (not much traffic) but close to I4 and all of the attractions.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank liecel

On behalf of the Radisson Resort Orlando-Celebration we thank you for such positive feedback on our recent stay at the Radisson Resort Orlando-Celebration.

Reviewed September 20, 2013

We stayed at the Radisson Celebration in June 2013. We booked our stay at this hotel because it said that it provided shuttle-service to and from the Disney parks. Well, it turns out that we were mis-led because although there is transport to and from the parks, it definitely cannot be called a "shuttle". It only provides transport at certain times and few and far apart. Not convenient at all. Also, the transport available is shared by other hotels in the area and is not inadequate and very unsafe to carry so many passengers. We had very bad experiences on these trips which ultimately led us to make a formal complaint at the front office. To their credit, we were given a refund on the amount we had pre-paid, which amount covered use of amenities at the hotel, including the "shuttle". We then used this refund for the hiring of taxis which was far more convenient, comfortable and safe. We can't complain about the room and cleanliness, also courtesy of the staff. There was some refurbishing going on so we had to overlook certain inconveniences. Our only complaint is the false advertising and safety issue. It would have been better if the word "shuttle" was never mentioned. A shuttle-service means that transport picks up, drops off and does this on a loop, irrespective of whether there is just one passenger, half full or at full capacity.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank 779Happytraveller

I do apologize for your safety concerns with the shuttle service that was provided by the hotel. Please be advised our Management team is working diligently to ensure 100% guest satisfaction.

Reviewed September 19, 2013

As soon as we opened the door to the room, there was a heavy smell of chlorine/disinfectant that was overpowering and gave us a headache. On top of that, there was some sort of machine plugged in and near the door, it was some sort of air cleaner or ground dryer, I just couldn't make it out.

The shower was simply disgusting. Soap scum all over the walls, loose grouting, and some mold. We arrived late so didn't even bother getting a new room.

Here is a list of the rest of the bad things:

Something was wrong with the A/C fan and it was VERY loud when it would come on, waking me up several times durning the night.
HD tv but no HD channels at all. Even worse, some channel's quality were terrible and "snowy".
I noticed a couple of bugs in the bathroom.
The elevator's condition is one you would find at a cheap motel (ceiling light falling, walls destroyed).
We walked by the restaurant and it didn't look good so we decided not to eat there.
The dreaded daily "resort" fee of $15 per day. At least the wifi was good and "free" and so was the parking. Why have hidden fees? Just include it in the daily rate.

Here are the only good things:
Pools/hot tubs were nice
Pizza hut pizzas and starbucks on property
Business room with computers and free printing

Overall I was highly disappointed by my stay. I have included pictures of the problematic areas I have pointed out. Part of the hotel was under renovation, it sure needs it and maybe things will improve. Until then, I'm not planning on staying there again.

4  Thank marcmsj

On behalf of the Radisson Resort we apologize for your concerns you shared about our experience with quality of the TV channels and the condition of your guest bathroom. I have forwarded your concerns to the departments in question and corrective action has been taken. However I’m glad you enjoyed our service at Pizza Hut and recently remodeled Business center.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Kissimmee
Melia Orlando Suite Hotel at Celebration
Park Inn by Radisson Resort & Conference Center Orlando
Fairfield Inn & Suites Orlando Kissimmee/Celebration
1 mi away
Quality Suites The Royale Parc Suites
Magic Moment Resort and Kids Club
Holiday Inn Orlando SW - Celebration Area

Been to Radisson Resort Orlando-Celebration? Share your experiences!