“False advertising and Safety issue”

Radisson Resort Orlando-Celebration
Ranked #37 of 154 Hotels in Kissimmee
Reviewed September 20, 2013

We stayed at the Radisson Celebration in June 2013. We booked our stay at this hotel because it said that it provided shuttle-service to and from the Disney parks. Well, it turns out that we were mis-led because although there is transport to and from the parks, it definitely cannot be called a "shuttle". It only provides transport at certain times and few and far apart. Not convenient at all. Also, the transport available is shared by other hotels in the area and is not inadequate and very unsafe to carry so many passengers. We had very bad experiences on these trips which ultimately led us to make a formal complaint at the front office. To their credit, we were given a refund on the amount we had pre-paid, which amount covered use of amenities at the hotel, including the "shuttle". We then used this refund for the hiring of taxis which was far more convenient, comfortable and safe. We can't complain about the room and cleanliness, also courtesy of the staff. There was some refurbishing going on so we had to overlook certain inconveniences. Our only complaint is the false advertising and safety issue. It would have been better if the word "shuttle" was never mentioned. A shuttle-service means that transport picks up, drops off and does this on a loop, irrespective of whether there is just one passenger, half full or at full capacity.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank 779Happytraveller
Tatianna782, Executive Assistant at Radisson Resort Orlando-Celebration, responded to this reviewResponded September 23, 2013

I do apologize for your safety concerns with the shuttle service that was provided by the hotel. Please be advised our Management team is working diligently to ensure 100% guest satisfaction.

Write a ReviewReviews (4,121)

Reviewed September 19, 2013

As soon as we opened the door to the room, there was a heavy smell of chlorine/disinfectant that was overpowering and gave us a headache. On top of that, there was some sort of machine plugged in and near the door, it was some sort of air cleaner or ground dryer, I just couldn't make it out.

The shower was simply disgusting. Soap scum all over the walls, loose grouting, and some mold. We arrived late so didn't even bother getting a new room.

Here is a list of the rest of the bad things:

Something was wrong with the A/C fan and it was VERY loud when it would come on, waking me up several times durning the night.
HD tv but no HD channels at all. Even worse, some channel's quality were terrible and "snowy".
I noticed a couple of bugs in the bathroom.
The elevator's condition is one you would find at a cheap motel (ceiling light falling, walls destroyed).
We walked by the restaurant and it didn't look good so we decided not to eat there.
The dreaded daily "resort" fee of $15 per day. At least the wifi was good and "free" and so was the parking. Why have hidden fees? Just include it in the daily rate.

Here are the only good things:
Pools/hot tubs were nice
Pizza hut pizzas and starbucks on property
Business room with computers and free printing

Overall I was highly disappointed by my stay. I have included pictures of the problematic areas I have pointed out. Part of the hotel was under renovation, it sure needs it and maybe things will improve. Until then, I'm not planning on staying there again.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
4  Thank marcmsj

On behalf of the Radisson Resort we apologize for your concerns you shared about our experience with quality of the TV channels and the condition of your guest bathroom. I have forwarded your concerns to the departments in question and corrective action has been taken. However I’m glad you enjoyed our service at Pizza Hut and recently remodeled Business center.

Reviewed September 19, 2013

well not been here for 2 years, was nice to see some old face's from when i was there last,(all the bar staff, miriam,amy,ashley,michelle were all great as normal) (doris and polyanna in the deli)
(steve the gm of food and drink), now that's out the way lol, this resort get's some bad feed back, for what it is and what is going on with it, this resort is going through a (so word has it ) a 7mill to 9mill refurb all the rooms by the end of the year will all have new decor, fittings,curtains,carpets, i was there for 14 nights, did it effect my hoils, in a word no, you had the odd work man walk by, they was all ways polite as with the rest of the staff, been here about 4 times in 8 years and have never had any issue's with this resort, if you want a resort that like a hilton then stay there and pay there prices(i have and would never go back to one) i can only say it as i see it, will i be going back defo,

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Tatianna782, Executive Assistant at Radisson Resort Orlando-Celebration, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2013

We are thrilled to see that you enjoyed your time at the Radisson Resort Orlando-Celebration.

On behalf of our entire staff at Radisson we thank you for your positive review we appreciate your business and we hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to the area!

Reviewed September 18, 2013

The vast majority of rooms at this Radisson have views of small lakes within the property, and it's a real perk to see ducks and turtles frolicking outside your window. Even considering our bargain rate secured through Priceline, our king room had a water view. It also sported a Sleep Number bed, which may be a draw for some (even if it's not our personal favorite brand of bed). All other amenities were first-rate (such as plentiful towels), and the landscaping around the hotel is lovely. The building is located across the street from Celebration, convenient to the theme parks but in a quieter outskirt. As with any theme park hotel, however, you can expect to hear slamming doors first thing in the morning -- it's a fact of life in Orlando, unless you choose a suite with more sound-insulating walls. Early risers won't have a problem with noises at this Radisson. We'll be back for the resident turtle family and ducks!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Craig C

We are thrilled to see that you enjoyed your time on premises.

Reviewed September 18, 2013

We stayed in the Radisson for one week on our trip to Orlando to visit the parks, for which it is the perfect location. Only a few miles down the road was the Disney transportation hub, Universal Studios and Seaworld, along with the fantastic selection of restaurants along the I-4 and International Drive.

Upon entering reception, Christal who was on desk duty was very helpful and we got our keys quickly. Our room was large, clean and well kitted-out with a huge TV, fridge, coffee machine and clean bathroom. The complimentary water bottles we were issued each morning were a nice touch and much appreciated. Room service was always prompt and of a high standard, and the rooms were cleaned and dressed every day with nice touches such as decoratively folded hand-towels.

I asked the reception for advice on a couple of occasions, for directions and the locations of nearby stores or facilities, and each person was very helpful, courteous and even gave some excellent personal recommendations. The coach service to the Disney parks was also good, useful and easy (despite being ten minutes late on one occassion, which wasn't too much of a bother considering it was complimentary and saved us car parking fees!).

In regards to the hotel pool, we found it to be incredibly relaxing, especially in the evenings with perfect mood lighting that allowed us to still see the night sky. The hot tubs were nicely shielded from the view of the main pool, and created a lovely intimate setting. Being open to guests until 11pm was also a huge plus in our books, as we usually got back from the parks around 9-10pm and much appreciated a dip in the hot tub to refresh our aching muscles!

The onsite deli diner was stocked with nice simple snacks and drinks, and the staff was very quick and polite. We also visited the Sports bar - the barlady was also great, and she offered to open my bought-in bottles of wine for me to take back to my room, something that was unexpected for a pricy bar.

All in all, I can't fault the Radisson and will definitely be back on our next trip, not just because of the location but because we were made to feel welcome and comfortable all week.

Room Tip: We stayed on the third floor. We did have to take the lift multiple times a day, but it was lovely a...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank MissEricaCourt26

We are thrilled to see that you enjoyed your time and relaxed at the hotel.

On behalf of our entire staff at Radisson we thank you for your business and we hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to the area!

Reviewed September 17, 2013

VERY GROTTY. I was very disappointed from the point of check in. There was a women who checked my husband and I in, she might have been a manager but she was dressed VERY unprofessional. I could literally see in between her breast and she was very unenthusiastic. She gave me a blank stare and just brushed me off as if she did not want to guide me to my room. I am a bit shocked that a manager is able to wear such skimpy clothes. Then I go to my room and the carpet had a terrible mold odor and felt quite damp. I work in a hotel and I don't quite understand how the charwoman can clean the room and not notice these things. I began to get allergies so I called the front desk and I believe her name was Christal was extremely helpful, and well mannered, I changed room and the next room wasn't so bad but the bath tub was of course dirty as well so I called the operator and she sent up the Cleaners but it took almost 2 hours to get the service. My husband and I where hungry so we went to the quick service down by the lobby and the gentleman was not wearing any gloves while he was preparing the food. I probably should have said something but I was just over the whole experience. It did however get a little better towards the end thanks to the workers in he breakfast area and front desk which seemed to be very concerned which made me feel a bit better. My overall experience was very poor. I was there for two weeks and from the quality of the room to the service, I would not recommend this flea-bag motel to anyone.

Room Tip: If management was more concerned as the employees it would be a better hotel.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Alexandria Y
Tatianna782, Exevutive Assistant at Radisson Resort Orlando-Celebration, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2013

On behalf of our entire staff at Radisson we apologize for the concerns you shared about the professionalism upon check-in. I have addressed your concerns with our team, and I assure you we are working diligently to ensure a similar situation does not occur again in the future. Once again we do apologize for any inconvenience.

Reviewed September 15, 2013

Very decent rooms, huge parking lot, not far from parks and restaurants. I like that and if you ate not alone, and better if between 3 or 4 people/room, cause the price is also good on that case.

Quartos razoaveis, estacionamento grande e excelente localizacao. O preco se torna ainda mais atraente e razoavel de forem 3 ou 4 hospedes por quarto.

• Stayed: September 2013
2  Thank Marcinhogodoy
Tatianna782, Executive Assistant at Radisson Resort Orlando-Celebration, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2013

Thank you for the positive feedback we appreciate your business!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Kissimmee
Melia Orlando Suite Hotel at Celebration
Holiday Inn Orlando SW - Celebration Area
Park Inn by Radisson Resort & Conference Center Orlando
Fairfield Inn & Suites Orlando Kissimmee/Celebration
Comfort Suites Maingate East

Been to Radisson Resort Orlando-Celebration? Share your experiences!