“Not worth the discounted price, stay somewhere else!!!”

Radisson Resort Orlando-Celebration
Ranked #35 of 154 Hotels in Kissimmee
Reviewed June 10, 2013 via mobile

Upon entering the room there's an overwhelming smell of deodorizer to hide the musky smell. Carpets are dirty, beds like cardboard, dust, and bathrooms were not cleaned well. The big surprise was the roach on the bathroom counter and numerous hairs in the bathtub. The only resolution we were given was another room and the $15 per night resort fee removed. We were traveling as a group for a baseball tourney & the tournament recommended this resort. Several families experienced German roaches alive! Breakfast buffet was not good. Eggs were watered down, quality is definitely not there. Not worth the money. I read reviews prior and hoped the previous people were wrong. They weren't! Next time I will listen to trip advisor reviews.

• Stayed: June 2013
There are newer reviews for Radisson Resort Orlando-Celebration

Reviewed June 5, 2013

This was possibly my 4th or 5th stay on this resort. We travel to the Orlando/Kissimmee area a few times a year to visit with family. We originally booked another resort to try something new for our 9 night stay but after 3 nights there, we checked out and booked the Radisson. We were pleased to hear the hotel is going through a renovation because we do like this resort and it's always nice to see a property updated. Let me start by saying at no time we were disrupted by any of the renovation.

We checked in around 9pm with no wait and a pleasant front desk clerk. When we got to our room it was what we expected and we got a sleep number bed. They are going to be removing all of the beds and replacing them with pillow top mattresses within the year which will be a great improvement. Having a king room is a smart selection because they usually put all king rooms on one floor and it keeps you away from the families and large groups (noise). The bathrooms definitely can use an update but with the renovation this will be addressed. There ventilation in the bathroom is old and doesn't work well but the shower is very comfortable. Our room had a mini refrigerator which is always a plus. The air conditioning worked very well. Housekeeping was great. Make sure you take care of them. I suggest at least $2 a night because they work hard and are very pleasant.

The pools are nice and clean (they have been renovated already) and the pool bar is great. We had a nice chat with Francene. The drinks are a bit expensive but it's a great atmosphere. We did not use any of the amenities this time around. They have a little cafe for small snacks and breakfast which is great too. Don't forget there's an additional resort fee per night of $13.

Overall, we like this resort a lot and look forward to the finished product.

Room Tip: If you are a couple traveling make sure to request a king room on a high floor for additional quietn...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank klbdmb
Reviewed June 2, 2013

I booked a deal through Hotwire and ended up with this resort. I was nervous to arrive because of some of the bad reviews. However, I was pleasantly surprised! We arrived about 2 hours before the check in time and was able to check right in. The lady at the front desk was great. We stayed on the 8th floor of the 4000 building. No complaints about the room either(it wasn't anything fancy, but great for us)! Very comfortable king size sleep number bed, nice big flat screen TV, air conditioner worked great, and so did the shower. Pool was nice with plenty of seating around it. We ended up in the smaller heated one most of the time because the big one with the slide was really cold. The pool side bar was pretty expensive, but the drinks were awesome. They do give you coupons for "buy one, get one free" drinks and even give you a free drink(either beer or wine) each day from 5:30-6:30 in the sports bar. There was plenty of parking by the 4000 building. We enjoyed the breakfast buffet at Mandolin's. For a buffet, it's fairly priced being that kid's eat for free. The dinner there was good, but I would rather eat somewhere else near by honestly. They have daily activities planned by the pool for children. I think any child would love it here, mine did!

You can tell it's an older resort, but I really feel like some of the reviews are misleading. Maybe some people did have a terrible experience, but we didn't AT ALL! For the price, you can't beat it. There is no way we could have stayed anywhere else and had all the amenities that this resort provided for the price we paid! Every staff member we came across was very nice and accommodating too. If you're looking for a super fancy resort.....go pay 3-4 times more and stay at one. We are a family of 3(child is 3) and stayed for 6 nights to go to Disney World. It was perfect for us!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank Britney C
Reviewed May 31, 2013

Where to start- I've stayed here before but was vey disappointed this time. First we are greeted by construction I didn't know about. Food was tasty, but over priced and took forever. Pool was OK, but, a little girl pukes right next to the stairs... Not the hotels fault, mother uses towels to push it to the side, and about 4 people (who didn't know) walked thru it and got in the pool, as did the little girl. Staff showed up about 10 mins later to clean it up. I go to my room and the tub is stained and the shower doesn't work. The hotel is totally sold out because there is construction. Thanks to Gary and Kevin the a/c guy we finally get to shower about 2 hours latter. The dial a mattress is great, but one of them didn't work.
This is an old hotel and he renovations will probably be great, in the meantime stay away as the customer service is mixed and you can't be sure if it will be great or a nightmare.

• Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank Ralph561
Tatianna782, Executive Assistant at Radisson Resort Orlando-Celebration, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2013

On behalf of the Radisson resort Orlando-Celebration we apologize for the inconvenience you have experienced during your stay here. We have had all our Guest rooms inspected by housekeeping and maintenance to ensure 100% guest satisfaction.

Reviewed May 30, 2013

We purchased a package trip last spring for this hotel and were very, very disappointed. Not only was the staff rude, but nothing was as promised. I contacted them ahead of time to make sure that their restaurant could accommodate a gluten free guest (which did not happen), the room was moldy and smelly, the pool was literally colder than an ice bath. Even though the pool area was packed, no adults were even in the pool because it was so cold. Their hot water was out for two days and we were forced to stay with friends two hours away until the water was fixed. Even after it was fixed (midway into day three of our four day stay) the hot tubs were not hot, and there was slimy, dirt and debris floating in both hot tubs both that night and on our final day. During our stay there, we met several other guests who had had major problems with their room as well. Even after our stay, we left messages for the hotel manager, as well as sent emails and none were ever returned. When we escalated the issue to Carlson Travel, they awarded us what they SAID was four free nights, but in reality was the equivalent of ONE night. The pool area is cute and attractive, but the rooms, lobby, hallways and elevators are very VERY outdated and worn out. This would be a great stay if they fired their staff, hired new staff and put some money into upgraded the outdated, worn-down property!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends

On behalf Of the Radisson Resort we apologize for your concerns on the condition of the Pool area and Hotel. I would like to share that the Radisson is currently going thru a major renovation and expect the renovation to be completed by the end of this Year. We hope we are once again given the opportunity to serve your lodging needs.

Reviewed May 30, 2013

The Radisson Celebration is a perfectly fine hotel if you are looking for a place close to Disney for a short period of time. I got in very late at night and the lady at the girl at the front desk was very nice. She checked us in quickly so we could get to our room and get some rest.

The rooms were nothing to write home about. They were average size and clean. The rooms could use some updating, but for one night it didn't bother me. The room I stayed in had sleep number beds... I found them to be more annoying than a nice feature. The sink in our room had a pretty bad leak. Again if I was staying for more than one night this would have been an issue, but I chose to overlook it.

One thing that did bother me was the resort fee. I stayed in the hotel for less than 12 hours and was charged $15. I only paid $50 plus taxes for my one night stay and was pretty annoyed that a 30% resort fee was charged. I based my reservation completely on price and found this to be extremely misleading.

Overall the stay was fine. There is not much else to say about it.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank RachE29
Reviewed May 29, 2013

My family has stayed at approx 5 hotels in the last 4 months. You get what you pay for. Staff was pleasant. Rooms are older but were not as bad as I think others make them out to be. Pools were great and my kids had a blast with the waterfall and slide. Drinks were a little pricy at the tiki bar. Kids will love free ice cream at the pool on Sat @ 2. Plenty of things to stay entertained if you are staying for a weekend or a couple of days. We stayed here last year as well and had same experience. I plan to come back here again.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kissimmee
Park Inn By Radisson Resort and Conference Center Orlando
Melia Orlando Suite Hotel at Celebration
Holiday Inn Orlando SW - Celebration Area
Fairfield Inn & Suites Orlando Kissimmee/Celebration
Quality Suites The Royale Parc Suites
Magic Moment Resort and Kids Club

Been to Radisson Resort Orlando-Celebration? Share your experiences!