“Tired and dirty”

Radisson Resort Orlando-Celebration
Ranked #40 of 155 Hotels in Kissimmee
Reviewed April 24, 2013 via mobile

Great location but tired and dirty , the reasturant was awfull but there are lots of places nearby to eat , carpets smell and the curtains in the room were filthy , needs a complete overhaul , they closed the pool without notice whils I was there wich left a small pool for the whole hotel to use , this could be a nice hotel , but has been run into the ground

2  Thank Haynse
Write a ReviewReviews (4,186)

Reviewed April 22, 2013

There are other reviews by people who are currently here as well, so many the experience differs from person to person. We arrived yesterday around noon and asked about early check in. Our room wasn't ready yet so we took the shuttle to Disney and checked in later. They called me around 2:30 to let me know the room was ready even thou check in isn't until 4. We received a schedule of hotel activities for the week and there is quite a bit to do. One of the pools was drained today but the other pool is open. We used the hot tub last night and it was hot and relaxing. We are in building 6000 and it is very quiet with parking close to the building. The shuttle ride to Disney is only a few minutes long, and the hotel is close to a bus stop so you can easily take the city bus if you don't feel like waiting for the scheduled time (to/from ticket/transportation center).

So far this has been a great stay for me. The resort fee is a little annoying and somewhat unannounced but we got a good deal on the room. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank kimka68
Reviewed April 21, 2013

The Radisson Resort is a very large, sprawling complex but the staff tend to make it an intimate experience. A fall in the parking lot and a 9 day stay in the hospital, I appreciated the courtesy of the staff and the room being quiet. The staff contacted their information man who was quick to offer any assistance. Directing me to the Celebration Hospital made it a short trip. Whenever I went to the lobby, Steve was quick to check on my wife's condition. Arriving late from the hospital, Steve called the restaurant on site and directed them to stay open until I was finished eating. The head waitress would make up a packet of treats for me to go as I was only eating a breakfast and a late dinner for the first five days of my stay in Kissimmee and traveling to Orlando to the hospital.

Room Tip: When I request and easy in, easy out, they gave me a 1st floor near the door.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Cajon
Reviewed April 20, 2013

Hallways stink like mold hotel looks nothing like the pictures, the staff was rude, right after I walked in I went back down and demanded a clean room as it didn't seem like they washed the sheets,the tub was scummy and rusty, and there was scum on the bathroom counters. A/c in room didn't kick on, horrible. I used to love radisson because I felt safe booking but this hotel IMO should be stripped of its name. I'm in for a nightmare here tonight and tomorrow.

2  Thank Jay P
Tatianna782, Executive Assistant at Radisson Resort Orlando-Celebration, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2013

Thanks very much for your recent feedback and comments. Everyone at Radisson Resort Orlando – Celebration Hotel makes every effort to insure our guest’s safety, Satisfaction and comfort. We take these comments very seriously and have undertaken a complete investigation to remedy such an occurrence repeating itself in the future. All of our rooms and suites have undergone a thorough cleaning and inspection by both our housekeeping and maintenance departments. We strive to be the best to your accommodations. We do apologize for any inconvenience.

Reviewed April 20, 2013

To start off, we arrived at 11 PM and were surprised at the sight of two double beds after specifally requesting a king bed. We called guest relations and within 10 minutes we were in our new room. Much to our dismay, we placed our luggage down and the first thing we see is A LIVE WORM. It was crawling. I cautiously placed a glass cup from the hotel on top of the worm leaving it for maintenance the next day. The sleep number bed, I have to say, was very comfortable. The next day, we woke up very early and headed to a theme park. When we arrived back to the hotel at 6 in the afternoon, we were greeted by the lovely worm whom was now just squashed. The cup was placed neatly back on top of the refrigerator. But that wasn't all, we walked into the restroom and the floor was soaked. Apparently our toilet had leaked while we were out. We proceeded to call guest relations again, and the lady informed they would be there shortly. We waited about 45 mins for someone to actually assist us. All we wanted to do was shower after a long hot day. Hopefully our remaining time here gets better.

Reviewed April 19, 2013

40 minute wait to get our room after a 20 hour journey - then told we would have to move to another room next day. Advice I would give is to seek Hotel Manager who was very helpful the next morning - he gave us a pool view room and was very understanding towards us. However 5 days later the planned maintenance commenced on the pool, it was drained and workmen started. Having said all this, it is a decent hotel, in dire need of some brightening up. Most staff were courteous and helpful. Pool Bar prices over the top. Loved DJ Jeff & Co who played music by the pool. Hotel in a good location for all parks and activities, pleasant setting, palm trees, ponds etc. I would still go back to the hotel if necessary - it is good for room only.

Room Tip: Block 1000 seemed to be better than block 3000 and others.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank MitchUK
Reviewed April 16, 2013

We are Floridians, so when we go to Orlando, it isn't necessarily to go to the theme parks. We took our whole family (extended generations) and stayed at this resort. 6 Adults and 6 Children ages 2 - 15. All of us had a fantastic time. There are 2 pools, one heated and smaller and one enormous with a water slide and water fall. The hotel was rather booked the weekend we went, but there was plenty of seating by the pool and the pool was not so crowded you couldn't use it. There were lots of FREE activities for the kids during the day besides the pool including FREE poolside ice cream!!!! The staff was very friendly and helpful. The rooms are spacious, our main room was over looking the pool (we had 3 different rooms) with floor to ceiling windows making it a gorgeous view. I would highly recommend this resort!!! Right price for a great time!

Room Tip: Go with the Pool view!!!
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Kristi V
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kissimmee
Melia Orlando Suite Hotel at Celebration
Park Inn by Radisson Resort & Conference Center Orlando
1 mi away
Quality Suites The Royale Parc Suites
Fairfield Inn & Suites Orlando Kissimmee/Celebration
Magic Moment Resort and Kids Club
Holiday Inn Orlando SW - Celebration Area

Been to Radisson Resort Orlando-Celebration? Share your experiences!