“Not bad after a long wait to check in!” 3 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Radisson Resort Orlando-Celebration
Ranked #35 of 153 Hotels in Kissimmee
UK
“Not bad after a long wait to check in!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2013

40 minute wait to get our room after a 20 hour journey - then told we would have to move to another room next day. Advice I would give is to seek Hotel Manager who was very helpful the next morning - he gave us a pool view room and was very understanding towards us. However 5 days later the planned maintenance commenced on the pool, it was drained and workmen started. Having said all this, it is a decent hotel, in dire need of some brightening up. Most staff were courteous and helpful. Pool Bar prices over the top. Loved DJ Jeff & Co who played music by the pool. Hotel in a good location for all parks and activities, pleasant setting, palm trees, ponds etc. I would still go back to the hotel if necessary - it is good for room only.

Room Tip: Block 1000 seemed to be better than block 3000 and others.
1 Thank MitchUK

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (504)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Apollo Beach, Florida, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2013

We are Floridians, so when we go to Orlando, it isn't necessarily to go to the theme parks. We took our whole family (extended generations) and stayed at this resort. 6 Adults and 6 Children ages 2 - 15. All of us had a fantastic time. There are 2 pools, one heated and smaller and one enormous with a water slide and water fall. The hotel was rather booked the weekend we went, but there was plenty of seating by the pool and the pool was not so crowded you couldn't use it. There were lots of FREE activities for the kids during the day besides the pool including FREE poolside ice cream!!!! The staff was very friendly and helpful. The rooms are spacious, our main room was over looking the pool (we had 3 different rooms) with floor to ceiling windows making it a gorgeous view. I would highly recommend this resort!!! Right price for a great time!

Room Tip: Go with the Pool view!!!
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Kristi V
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2013

The hotel is externally very presentable with a smart lobby however, once inside it immediately becomes apparent that it is tired and in need of a facelift. The rooms are clean and functional but very dated, with noisy A/C.

The pool area is nicely laid out however, when we visit (in Apr) the water was very cold. The pool side bar is brutally efficient and the cocktails tasteless.

Of particular note is guest services, they were not there to help but merely to plug condo's over the road. Dreadful!

Having spent two nights there, we would not recommend it.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Big_O_UK
Tatianna782, Executive Assistant at Radisson Resort Orlando-Celebration, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to complete our guest satisfaction survey.

On behalf of our entire staff at Radisson we apologize for the concerns you shared about your experience at this hotel. I would like to share that the Radisson Resort Orlando-Celebration has been approved for a complete renovation. Renovations will begin fall 2013 . We appreciate the feedback and will use it to fine tune our operations in the hope that upon your next visit we can exceed your expectations.

Travelers are raving about these Kissimmee hotels

Columbia, South Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2013

We booked our room on Hotwire and only paid $57 (not including tax and the $15 resort fee). We read other reviews and requested a more recently renovated room-- and got in the 6000 building. The furnishings were modern and the sleep number bed was comfortable , however the building seemed far from new. The walls were paper thin and the rooms near the ice machine seem like they could be very loud as there is no barrier. The concierge tried to sell us tickets to Disney for $139 each, claiming there was only a $5 difference at the park gate. This is simply not true! Buy your tickets at the park and avoid all the hidden fees! Also they do not provide complimentary coffee and I had to pay $3 for coffee in their lobby deli shop. There are coffee makers in the rooms if you don't mind Coffee Mate creamer, and there is also a mini fridge. On the bright side, the rooms are clean enough, parking is free, and entrance to the gates to Disney are only about a 5-10 minute drive. There is a theme park shuttle, but the times are very limited. Personally, I would not choose to stay here again unless I get another super good rate.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the 4000 or 6000 building.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Lisa P
Spokane, Washington
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2013

I don't consider myself a picky person. As far as hotels go, I generally just look for a clean place to sleep, so don't think I'm just a finicky customer. However, this time around I was on vacation and my family and I booked the Radisson in for a three night stay. To start off, the sink didn't work and flooded the bathroom. When we went to use the hot tub, the first one was cold and didn't work, so the attendant said to use the second one. We got there and the water was brown from being so dirty and it smelled so bad. Not to mention there was a dirty diaper sitting upside down where people usually lay back against. The elevator was broken so we carried our heavy luggage up for flights of stairs. When I went to go get a drink out of the machine, the first one ate the money, the second one, I walked to and ended up with wet pants because the floor was flooded and carpet was wet ( and smelled like mold!). The third one FINALLY worked but to my surprise, when I put 2.00 in, it gave me a tiny bottle, hardly worth .50. And if you plan on ordering from their Pizza Hut. Don't bother, they either don't have what you want or did at one point and are sold out. The point being, I was fairly dissapointed by this hotel. I had stayed at one in California and it wasn't nearly as bad. If you plan on booking this hotel, I am certain that you should rethink it and look at a different hotel.

1 Thank LillyEmber
Tatianna782, Eceutive Assistant at Radisson Resort Orlando-Celebration, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
Please let me begin, by apologizing for the inconveniences experienced during your stay with us. We have sent your feedback to the departments in questions and corrective action will be taken. We appreciate you taking the time to contact customer service as this feedback helps us determine areas of improvement. On behalf of Radisson resort Orlando-Celebration we do apologize and hope we are once again given the opportunity to serve your lodging needs.
Bucharest
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2013

I loved it! For the money you spend it is an excellent hotel! I felt safe and home! Clean rooms, decent food ( it is something when it comes from an european ), comfortable beds, discrete staff! I also had a good experience at the pool thanks to Hemir "the pool guy"- charismatic and enjoing his job! I will deffinetly come again ( for my third time ) next year!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Andra D
Laurel, Maryland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2013

We booked a vacation package through a travel company in the area and they recommended this hotel based on location since we weren't renting a car. The package included Disney park passes as long as we listened to a 90 minute time share presentation. After I read the recent reviews, we decided to rent a car but it was too late to change the reservations according to the agency. When we arrived in the evening, they were dealing with a customer complaint and I pleaded that they provide a clean room to prevent asthma and allergy issues with my family. We were assigned to a room in bldg 6000 and the room was awful and clearly needed renovating. There were spaces between the baseboards and the walls and the tub was dark in the middle with rust spots. My kids were afraid to get in it. I called to request another room and they told me to call back in the morning which I did. After checking out other rooms in bldg 1000, I found one that had a decent tub on the third floor that had rust on the walls and a ton of caulking around the shower and there was pink mildew in the shower knob. I even took pictures because I made a complaint with the travel agency. This room was a half step above the other as the carpet smelled more on the days it rained which triggered my husband's allergies which he rarely has any problems with and my kids experienced coughing, sneezing and wheezing. They used bleach before we moved in but we never smelled it again and I wouldn't let my kids walk barefoot or sit on the floor. The beds were also not very comfortable so sleeping was difficult. As for renovations, nothing has started and a worker said maybe in May (I won't hold my breath or maybe I will). The staff was accommodating but this hotel was unhealthy and I wouldn't recommend it to anyone except a health inspector. Don't be fooled by the nice pictures as they should not have the Radisson name; you can get a nice clean 2 star hotel for better value.

Room Tip: There are no "good" rooms. The best of the worst is maybe in bldg 1000.
4 Thank iido1
Tatianna782, Executive Assistant at Radisson Resort Orlando-Celebration, responded to this review, April 12, 2013
. I can certainly understand and appreciate your concerns.

We want all of our guests to have the best stay possible where everything is clean, in-place, of the highest quality, and in perfect working order. I am sorry that was not the case during your stay.

You can be confident that we have followed-up on all of your concerns with our Maintenance, Housekeeping and the upper management Staff so that others are not disappointed as you were.

Please know that the situation you described are not to our standards, and sincerely hope that you will return to allow us to prove that to you once again.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kissimmee
Holiday Inn Orlando SW - Celebration Area
Park Inn By Radisson Resort and Conference Center Orlando
Melia Orlando Suite Hotel at Celebration
Quality Suites Royale Parc Suites
Quality Inn & Suites By The Parks
Magic Moment Resort and Kids Club

Been to Radisson Resort Orlando-Celebration? Share your experiences!