“Ok place if you got a deal”

Radisson Resort Orlando-Celebration
Ranked #36 of 154 Hotels in Kissimmee
Reviewed April 13, 2013

We booked our room on Hotwire and only paid $57 (not including tax and the $15 resort fee). We read other reviews and requested a more recently renovated room-- and got in the 6000 building. The furnishings were modern and the sleep number bed was comfortable , however the building seemed far from new. The walls were paper thin and the rooms near the ice machine seem like they could be very loud as there is no barrier. The concierge tried to sell us tickets to Disney for $139 each, claiming there was only a $5 difference at the park gate. This is simply not true! Buy your tickets at the park and avoid all the hidden fees! Also they do not provide complimentary coffee and I had to pay $3 for coffee in their lobby deli shop. There are coffee makers in the rooms if you don't mind Coffee Mate creamer, and there is also a mini fridge. On the bright side, the rooms are clean enough, parking is free, and entrance to the gates to Disney are only about a 5-10 minute drive. There is a theme park shuttle, but the times are very limited. Personally, I would not choose to stay here again unless I get another super good rate.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the 4000 or 6000 building.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lisa P

Reviewed April 12, 2013

I don't consider myself a picky person. As far as hotels go, I generally just look for a clean place to sleep, so don't think I'm just a finicky customer. However, this time around I was on vacation and my family and I booked the Radisson in for a three night stay. To start off, the sink didn't work and flooded the bathroom. When we went to use the hot tub, the first one was cold and didn't work, so the attendant said to use the second one. We got there and the water was brown from being so dirty and it smelled so bad. Not to mention there was a dirty diaper sitting upside down where people usually lay back against. The elevator was broken so we carried our heavy luggage up for flights of stairs. When I went to go get a drink out of the machine, the first one ate the money, the second one, I walked to and ended up with wet pants because the floor was flooded and carpet was wet ( and smelled like mold!). The third one FINALLY worked but to my surprise, when I put 2.00 in, it gave me a tiny bottle, hardly worth .50. And if you plan on ordering from their Pizza Hut. Don't bother, they either don't have what you want or did at one point and are sold out. The point being, I was fairly dissapointed by this hotel. I had stayed at one in California and it wasn't nearly as bad. If you plan on booking this hotel, I am certain that you should rethink it and look at a different hotel.

1  Thank LillyEmber
Tatianna782, Eceutive Assistant at Radisson Resort Orlando-Celebration, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2013

Please let me begin, by apologizing for the inconveniences experienced during your stay with us. We have sent your feedback to the departments in questions and corrective action will be taken. We appreciate you taking the time to contact customer service as this feedback helps us determine areas of improvement. On behalf of Radisson resort Orlando-Celebration we do apologize and hope we are once again given the opportunity to serve your lodging needs.

Reviewed April 11, 2013

I loved it! For the money you spend it is an excellent hotel! I felt safe and home! Clean rooms, decent food ( it is something when it comes from an european ), comfortable beds, discrete staff! I also had a good experience at the pool thanks to Hemir "the pool guy"- charismatic and enjoing his job! I will deffinetly come again ( for my third time ) next year!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Andra D
Reviewed April 9, 2013

We booked a vacation package through a travel company in the area and they recommended this hotel based on location since we weren't renting a car. The package included Disney park passes as long as we listened to a 90 minute time share presentation. After I read the recent reviews, we decided to rent a car but it was too late to change the reservations according to the agency. When we arrived in the evening, they were dealing with a customer complaint and I pleaded that they provide a clean room to prevent asthma and allergy issues with my family. We were assigned to a room in bldg 6000 and the room was awful and clearly needed renovating. There were spaces between the baseboards and the walls and the tub was dark in the middle with rust spots. My kids were afraid to get in it. I called to request another room and they told me to call back in the morning which I did. After checking out other rooms in bldg 1000, I found one that had a decent tub on the third floor that had rust on the walls and a ton of caulking around the shower and there was pink mildew in the shower knob. I even took pictures because I made a complaint with the travel agency. This room was a half step above the other as the carpet smelled more on the days it rained which triggered my husband's allergies which he rarely has any problems with and my kids experienced coughing, sneezing and wheezing. They used bleach before we moved in but we never smelled it again and I wouldn't let my kids walk barefoot or sit on the floor. The beds were also not very comfortable so sleeping was difficult. As for renovations, nothing has started and a worker said maybe in May (I won't hold my breath or maybe I will). The staff was accommodating but this hotel was unhealthy and I wouldn't recommend it to anyone except a health inspector. Don't be fooled by the nice pictures as they should not have the Radisson name; you can get a nice clean 2 star hotel for better value.

Room Tip: There are no "good" rooms. The best of the worst is maybe in bldg 1000.
4  Thank iido1
Tatianna782, Executive Assistant at Radisson Resort Orlando-Celebration, responded to this reviewResponded April 12, 2013

. I can certainly understand and appreciate your concerns.

We want all of our guests to have the best stay possible where everything is clean, in-place, of the highest quality, and in perfect working order. I am sorry that was not the case during your stay.

You can be confident that we have followed-up on all of your concerns with our Maintenance, Housekeeping and the upper management Staff so that others are not disappointed as you were.

Please know that the situation you described are not to our standards, and sincerely hope that you will return to allow us to prove that to you once again.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

We are a family of 3 from India and we stayed here in November 2012. It was just perfect for our Disney + Seaworld+ Universal vacation. We stayed 4 nights and have absolutely no complaints. Most part of the days were spent at theme parks and it was nice to come back and relax at the hotel. We couldn't use the pools but they looked very tempting and clean :)

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank SmitaL2780
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Just got back now, and we've stayed at this radisson for the third time now- its such a great location with easy reach to the parks and malls by car or bus from the hotel. The pools are so picturesque and lovely to sit by ( but the big one isn't heated! In summer that wouldn't be a problem though.) I think some of the hotels facilities do need a little touch up now as a bit tatty- but nothing that would effect your stay. Maid service outstanding- my room tidied every day, my make up all tidied away so neatly in my bathroom, id never seen it so organised! I left the maid a tip on the last day. I'd advise to do so and their work is definitely valued when you come home from a long day at the theme parks to a pristine room! Hotel food great but get the pizza hut pizza, rather than the pool bar. The drink are expensive so get ur soft drinks from the shop round the corner (just after charleys steakhouse) but the room supplies you with bottled water.

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank Travel-Artist1990
Reviewed April 7, 2013

Is it a Hilton?...an Embasy Suites?...no...But its a good deal and suited our needs to a tee!! When reading all the negative reviews please remember that most people come on these sites to complain...We arrived at noon and Pamela at the front desk called housekeeping and got us in our room by 2!! in the meantime we sat at the pool bar and had a great meal & pina coladas while the kids swam (thanks Miriam...best bartender EVER!) our room smelled just fine and I couldnt find ANYTHING wrong with it (8th floor building 6000) and yes i really was looking for issues!...since we had 4 of us there and we had ALOT of stuff we only had the room cleaned a few times for the week...but some days housekeeping would leave us a bag of towels and toiletries on our door!! (nice touch!) and where else can you get a Pizza Hut Pizza made fresh in the lobby at almost 1am!!! (weekdays they close at 11pm I think) Room service was prompt and very reasonably priced! Hot tubs were hot...big pool was cold but the other pool was very warm!!The Kids activity guy was AWESOME too (sorry didnt catch his name but he made sure the kids had something to do almost all day long...he was working hard at it too! even on Easter Sunday! KUDOS!!) Could this place use some new carpet and paint and new furniture...sure...but they did say they are begining a huge renovation in June...but for the price you cant beat the location and amenities they offer I only hope after the renovations the rates dont go up much as we plan on staying here again!

Room Tip: Ask for a pool view in the 6000 building...our Sleep number beds worked fine and were comfy! but you...
3  Thank particlejams
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kissimmee
Melia Orlando Suite Hotel at Celebration
Holiday Inn Orlando SW - Celebration Area
Park Inn by Radisson Resort & Conference Center Orlando
Fairfield Inn & Suites Orlando Kissimmee/Celebration
Quality Suites The Royale Parc Suites
Comfort Suites Maingate East

Been to Radisson Resort Orlando-Celebration? Share your experiences!