“We had a great time here!”

Radisson Resort Orlando-Celebration
Ranked #36 of 152 Hotels in Kissimmee
Babylon, New York
“We had a great time here!”
Reviewed November 6, 2012

This was really a great place to stay. I am in my mid twenties traveled with 4 of my girlfriends. This hotel was inexpensive and extremely accommodating! It was pretty empty as we traveled in late September, but everyone who worked there catered to our every need. The rooms were okay, smelled like mold like everyone said, but you get over it. Free drinks each day at the bar, Dj and games for kids by the pool, and the breakfast buffet was excellent for the price. Traveling to and from the parks was a lot of work. Shuttle to Disney runs from hotel (you're confined to their schedule which was difficult for us), but you have to constantly transfer here and there, so that is definitely a down-side of staying any where off Disney property. Bell hop was very helpful getting us cabs and making sure we were paying the right prices. Don't buy your Disney tickets at the hotel, they have to charge a service fee. I know people sneer at buying from craigslist, but we found a person who was able to get us into islands of adventure for $60pp (normally $90) Didn't have to pay him until after we got in, extremely trusting! He had tickets for Disney as well but his computers were down that day so we paid full price. Food and Wine Festival at Epcot was NOT worth it! $90 to enter plus all the money you spend buying mini plates of food, and too crowded with not much else to do besides eat. End of September was a great time to go otherwise, longest lines we waited on were at Hollywood Studios, and those like were about 40 minutes. Islands of Adventure we walked on many rides no wait, same with Magic Kingdom and Animal Kingdom (got stuck on Dinosaur, that was scary!) Back to the hotel, pizza hut and deli were great, and so was Starbucks. I would definitely return here, the only thing stopping me is transportation costs which, again, would be a concern staying anywhere outside Disney. Very nice hotel, thank you guys!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (513)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Knoxville, Tennessee
Reviewed November 5, 2012

>Outdoor pools: 1 small heated and 1 large unheated (cold!) pool w/ very nice water slide. The large pool is an A+ if you don't mind chilly water. It was about 75-78 air temp (Oct) but pool was simply too cold to enjoy. Kids went down slide once and headed for the small heated pool (which is on par w/ very average pools). A modest but nice Tiki bar in between pools. Pizza Hut Express 10 ft from large pool.
>The room was a C-. Two beds--double/full size, not queen--mattresses average at best. Very little floor space to move about. Dark, outdated atmosphere (about 20 yrs old); desk/dresser were old and visibly worn (scratched etc). Bathroom was C-, only b/c it was clean--more typical of a $20/night "motel."
Conclusion? PROS: great pools (July Aug Sept) and low rates, even w/ req'd "resort fee" added. CONS: really, really weak rooms (small/cramped, dark, and dated) and bathrooms. >> Don't let the name fool you: this is in NO way a resort, by any measure of the word. >> It is, however, a safe and inexpensive hotel, OK if price and location are priorities, especially if time in room is limited and/or you don't mind v. small space.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Tatianna782, Executive Assistant at Radisson Resort Orlando-Celebration, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
Hi there! Thank you for taking the time to provide us with this helpful feedback and insight! We greatly appreciate your honest review and will take into careful consideration what you have shared and as a team will determine ways to improve~ as we know there is always room for improvement!
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed November 5, 2012

The hotel is not very close to the airport which is not a big deal if you are trying to go to the Disney Parks. It will be about a $60 cab fare to the hotel though. We did like the store that is in front of the check-in desk because we arrived at 8 pm and wanted something to eat, we were able to order a pizza and take it to our room. We did try the restaurant at the hotel for dinner one night, it wasn't the best. There are other restaurants across the street from this hotel.

I would tell future guests if they can avoid it do not approach the men in front of the check-in desk who promise to give you discounted Disney tickets, etc all you have to do is go to a "good breakfast" and check out their new resort, basically they will try to sell you a timeshare and it wastes half of your day.

I loved having the car rental place in the hotel, good price and they were great.

I did call ahead of time as I had read some reviews about the smell in some the buildings and requested to be put in building 6 which is supposed to be a newer building. There is a smell every time you go into the room, kind of like someone's stinky shoes and it'll hit you every time you walk into the room. The room was clean though every day and towels replaced as well.

We took the shuttle to the Disney Parks twice and only used it to come back once as we missed the first one. They are spread out pretty far apart especially at night so if you miss one it'll be minimum 1.5 hours before the next one. We called the hotel and asked about alternative transportation for the hotel and they called the taxi service they use. We waited for 30 minutes with our child asleep in our arms and never got a taxi until we decided to walk over to the other taxis that were waiting for passengers at the park. I made the mistake of telling the receptionist at the desk to call a taxi for us the morning of our flight, I scheduled it earlier than necessary just in case and sure enough when we arrived at the lobby at 5 am there was no taxi in sight. The receptionist at the front desk at the time did an awesome job of finding us another taxi, but I was upset the other receptionist (evening one) did not even write it down on their form for taxi's to verify. The taxi service they use is unreliable and I would avoid them at all costs.

Overall it's a clean decent place (in the building I stayed) with the above stated exceptions.

Room Tip: Call ahead of time and request a newer room, but be careful about where they put you. We were right...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I stayed here during November 2012. The hotel is nice, a little older, but clean and friendly. The beds are comfortable. The room is spacious. I stayed in a double bed room: desk, two chairs, two night stands, lounge chair, 5 lights, huge window, large closet, a dresser, flat screen, mini-fridge (with water bottles). It is quiet, and the air conditioner is digital which is helpful. I think my only issue is with the bathtub. The bathroom is clean, and well stocked. However, the bathtub looks dirty --- not because it is, but because it is stained. It doesn't bother me that much, but just wanted to share. I think it is close to the parks, the airport, and most importantly the place of business I needed. I think the staff is very nice, and they provided me with lots of coupons for things I probably won't even need lol. Also! I got $5 actual dollars for dinner here. They have a nice courtyard, and a lot of places to eat. I think it is worth the price. Not super busy.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Spring Hill
Reviewed November 4, 2012

Overall experience was a very enjoyable one. We booked this hotel through priceline and got a great deal! We didnt get a chance to use the pool area or restuarants that were on the premises. We walked the whole property and found everything to be quite comfortable. The rooms furniture seemed a little outdated. Our favorite thing in the room was the sleep number bed. We couldnt get ours to adjust but it happened to be adjusted comfortably for the both of us. We enjoyed a great nights sleep! I would recommend this hotel and if given the opportunity would stay again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Lebanon, Ohio
Reviewed November 1, 2012

My wife and I booked a trip to Disney with the children and through my loyalty program chose this Radisson. After reading reviews on multiple sites, we were second guessing our decision to stay here all the way up until the day we flew out. From the time we checked in, until the time we checked out, the property was clean, there were always employees cleaning, plenty of staff to assist with whatever you needed, and everyone was uniformed and neat in appearance. The hotel itself was very comfortable and clean, and the kids loved the pool area with the slide, games, etc.! The lobby area would be what you would expect from a high end hotel, and the included amenities were above what typical hotels would give, or include. There is even shuttle service to pick up and drop off several times throughout the day up until the parks close. All in all a great price, on a great hotel, with plenty of stuff to do. The family would strongly recommend this hotel, as we will be staying here again, too!

Room Tip: Pool side view was great!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Tad L
Yellowknife
Reviewed October 30, 2012

The lobby and garden / pool areas are beautiful. However, the room area of the hotel is below the standard I would have expected of a Radisson. The outer walls, the hallways, and even the walls inside the room, have gouges. The room doors have gouges. There was a rust spot by the tub and the plunger in the sink did not work. The carpeting in the elevator was filthy and the walls were gouged.

Although the hotel is in need of a regular maintenance schedule, the room seemed quite clean and was comfortable.

The hotel charges a 'resort' fee, but provides evening movies in the lobby and a free glass of wine for happy hour, which is a nice touch.

The hotel is Not near the theme parks, but provides a shuttle to Disney World and to Universal at specific times. Cab fare from Universal to the hotel was $36.

Most of the staff were very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank solo_female_12
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kissimmee
Holiday Inn Orlando SW - Celebration Area
Park Inn By Radisson Resort and Conference Center Orlando
Quality Suites The Royale Parc Suites
Melia Orlando Suite Hotel at Celebration
Fairfield Inn & Suites Orlando Kissimmee/Celebration
Magic Moment Resort and Kids Club

Been to Radisson Resort Orlando-Celebration? Share your experiences!