First let me say that we own at Parkway International, but I am going to make every effort to give an objective review. We were also there during a week of poor weather, although we travelers may not realize it, the weather can tilt our opinion, but I will try and not have that affect my review either.
We had one week on deposit with the Resort program itself that was going to expire soon so my husband and I decided to use it for our first vacation without our boys in 15 years. (It was also the 1st time we stayed here at our home resort). For this purpose the 2 bedroom suite was a perfect size, we did not use the 2nd bedroom but the 2nd bath was a nice plus, but if we would have had our 3 boys with us, it would have been tight for us. There were not many draws offered in the master bedroom either.
This is a mature resort, old is not the right word as the units were all re-done within the last 5-6 years. The first building done (the building we stayed in and own in, "C") shows the most wear. The guests who stay at Parkway are also more mature than many other places we have stayed, some in age, all in behavior, some both. With that said it is also a great place for kids with many activities. Maybe not the best place for singles and those who enjoy a "night-life" or "partying" atmosphere. It has a laid back, festive feel, but not rowdy. Staff was fine, they where neutral about us and we were neutral about them.
M-F they offer coffee, orange juice, packaged muffins or bagels, granola bars and packages of oatmeal. Not a full continental breakfast by any means, but we made good use of it.
All units are 2b/2b with a king size bed in the master and 2 twins in the 2nd bedroom. I understand they can prep some rooms to have 2 king beds by putting the twins together for you. There is a mini W&D, full kitchen, dining room, living room and a screened in patio. The suite has outside entry both in front and back - loved that! The rooms are decorated in an African Motif. Nothing showed much, if any, wear and tear but neither was it "fresh" or "brand new". Well appointed kitchen. Wireless I-net is free if you own here and maybe if you own at any Island One resort, but it was pretty darn slow, even with a strong signal.
The breakfast/lunch spiel after you check in and are getting your parking pass is a timeshare tour for Vacation Village at Parkway, the neighboring Resort, we own there too. We bought our 2b/2b there from private owners, but we did do the timeshare tour at VV@P about a year ago and it was one of the most horrible experiences of our life, we will never do it again!
This is a timeshare resort and like all the timeshare resorts we have stayed in, daily housekeeping does not come standard, so be prepared to make your own bed.
Supplies we found in our room:
Liquid dish detergent
2 single size packs of dishwasher detergent
1 single size washing machine detergent (we use and are happy with the 2-n-1 wash & dry sheets)
1 Caf & 1 D-caf coffee
Sugar/Sweetener packages & powered creamer packages
Small soap bars
• Location, location, location - just east of I-4, it is only minutes from Disney and a short jog up I-4 to Seaworld, Discovery Cove, Universal, etc. Publix is just a couple blocks west and about every place you can imagine to eat is within a 5 minute drive.
• Quiet - you might think that a resort so close to a main drag and interstate would have a traffic noise problem, but the lush vegetation totally insulates out all traffic noise!
• Attractive grounds - really one of the best, mostly natural landscapes we have seen. The nature walk is a nice bonus too!
• Awesome jetted tub, but do not care for it's location. I like the configuration of having a nice jetted tub where you view the bedroom and the TV versus the bathroom and bowl.
• Very pretty pool area and finally a true Hot Tub!
• Comfy bed but the pillows where a little too plump for me.
• Not a single bug in sight.
• In an effort to conserve energy, they go way over board using the energy efficient light bulbs making the entire unit way too dark! I finally had to just start leaving lights on so as to not have to wait for them to "warm up".
• Carpet in the living room. We prefer tile. Regardless if it looks dirty or not, I always "feel" like carpet is dirty unless it is brand new.
• No door on the laundry area so you could not close off the sound of the w&d.
• TV - The size in the living room is fine, the one in the master is small (sorry, forgot to look at the 2nd b.r.), but the worst thing is the lack of selection. Only the most basic channels. Why does TV matter when in Orlando? Well when it rains, or is cold and you can't hit the pool after a day at the parks, it might be nice to wind down with a decent movie, not possible here unless you like only the oldies. But, with that said, the current rack rates to stay here may be worth the trade off.
• Pool was too cool for the season, we could have swam if it where warmer. We visited the Resort where we will be staying Dec of 2011 and tested the pool temp there, it was very warm and swimmable even with weather barley hitting 60º.
• The exercise room is sad, depressing and packed with way to much stuff! I love to work out, but I walked in then right back out.
The resort is above "Average" but "Very Good" is not quite right either. Wish I could give it 3 1/2 stars = "Good".
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Spacious two bedroom condos (up to six people), fully furnished, living room, dining area, full kitchens, washer/dryer, in-room safe, whirlpool, 2 heated swimming pools, game and fitness room, organized activities, volleyball, racquetball, BBQ/picnic area, children’s playground, one mile from Animal Kingdom®. Shopping, restaurants, and golf nearby. AAA 3-diamond property. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Groupon, Vacatia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Expedia, Priceline, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Parkway International Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Parkway International Hotel Kissimmee
- Parkway International Kissimmee