“Great value. Comfortable and convenient.”

Parkway International Resort
Ranked #11 of 153 Hotels in Kissimmee
Mississippi
“Great value. Comfortable and convenient.”
Reviewed October 9, 2009

Was a great place to stay with family to visit Disney. Next best thing to staying in the park. It was very close. It was clean and comfotable. Decor was a little dated, but nothing was shabby. Definitely recommend.

• Stayed October 2008, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (155)
Cleburne, TX
Reviewed September 28, 2009

This is a condo with two bedrooms/ two bath, full kitchen, washer/ dryer, screen porch with table, 3 t.v.'s with dvd player, living room, diner table, front and back door. We were going to Disney and had friends there in Florida and they stayed with us there. ( No extra person charges.) This was a GREAT price and it would be great for a family. Master bed room was large with king size bed, a large bathroom, 2nd bed room had 2 twin beds and a sofa bed as well in the living room. It had a nice enclosed playground for the kids/ nice pool with bar. If your nasty and can't clean up after yourself and need maid service this is not for you. (thou, I do think you can add daily maid service If you want) If you want a large condo and not a two room hotel at a great price this is it. The room was VERY CLEAN! As were the grounds as well. Wire-less Internet was not free :( , about $10 a day. But, ther was a Starbucks just up the street if you want free internet with a good cup of coffee. :) Everything you need is in the kitchen, plates, flatware, glasses. They did have snack type stuff for free at breakfast at the front desk area. Golden Coral Restarant was the best deal for breakfast, when eating out. Looks like it cost more up front but you get a MUCH better selection of better food and all the juice you want in the price. Everywhere you go the prices were the same for breakfast by the time you walk out the door. For all-you-can-eat lobster and snow crab there is a place just down the main drag to the left of the light. Mike's or Bob's something like that. The food was great and the people and service were even better!!! There's another one at a hotel , we tried both, this one is better by far! They'll show you how th get the tail out of the lobsin about 2 seconds! And then just eat till you pop! LOL The people at the Condo were very nice and they exchange lien on wenesdays or sooner if you ask. It felt more like home than a hotel, which I liked. We rented a car which was nice. I think a bus service runs to disney from the main road about t 1 1/2 - 2 blocks away. But, I'm not sure. Parking at Disney was $12 a day. No discount or multi day passes for parking (which I didn't like Mickey!!!). We had 5 day passes to the parks. Only a few more dollars each day after the first 3 days. You can take in bottled drinks as of this writting in like a butt bag and snacks. (Freeze the bottled water the night before.) All bags are looked in at the entrance at Disney. Get FAST PASSES for rides. They're free. Have fun! :)

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with friends
1 Thank ldorrn
Ontario
Reviewed September 14, 2009

Just returned from our stay at the resort with my spouse, our daughter and our five year old grandson. We had a marvelous time. The resort is everything that we expected and more. Quiet, close to parks, restaurants, shopping, clean, clean, clean, specious unit, friendly service. Prior to booking, I had researched the resort (had stayed in Liki Tiki previously), but wanted something closer to I-4, knew that it was a time share resort, didn't have daily "maid service", didn't have an elevator or other "perks" that some of other reviews complained about. We were on the third floor overlooking the pool (at our request). We didn't have a problem putting on a dishwasher or a washer before either heading down to the pool or out the parks. Our grandson especially liked the decour of the unit and the resort - he calls it the "jungle". Couple of minor complaints, if any, (1) trying to get you to commit to attending a timeshare presentation (although they don't tell you that's what it is) the following morning, as you are picking up your parking pass - a firm NO did the trick. (2) The vanity in the master bathroom (at least in this unit) is very small. No room to put anything on the counter and no shelving (except for space underneath the sink). The shower is on the small size, however, the jetted tub is huge. The vanity in the second bathroom is larger with additional shelving. Overall, there is plenty of storage space. We are definately looking forward to returning.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family
Nashville
Reviewed August 19, 2009

This is obviously an older timeshare resort. Don't get me wrong. The rooms themselves were a refresher after pulling in. The place is a victim of times. We are use to the newer resorts (We enjoy Marriotts). And this place has done a good job trying to keep up. I wouldn't say I would never stay here again but it certainly is not my top 5 in choices. We like to get on the top floor anywhere we go. This place will accommodate you with that. Why? NO ELEVATORS. BEWARE. I'm a fairly young man and was able to do it ok. But I wouldn't want to again. I like elevators. I do not like to work to hard on vacation. Even with elevators I might (maybe say it was a silver crown). But let me say that the actual rooms themselves we pretty good. I did not like them having 2 entrance doors. Especially with toddlers running around. They try to get you to do the timeshare thing. Beware. We know how to handle it. So come prepared. Had a pretty good trip though. Pool is okay. Like I said this place is just a victim of the times.

Florida
Reviewed August 3, 2009

Great hotel, lots of space and comfortable beds. three televisons.

Charlotte, NC
Reviewed July 20, 2009

We traveled with our 3 year old and 3 of the grandparents for our 1st disney experience. We own a time share in another state and opted to trade this year for our trip to Orlando. As it goes with timeshares...what you see is not always what you get (or what they sell to you!). Over the years I have found that you really need to carefully check out the places you trade for because so many of them are crap, run down, and filthy. I am admittedly neurotic about where we stay when we vacation and I spend countless hours (much to my husband's dismay) researching and reading mutiple reviews from many sites before I commit. Of course I like places that feel a little luxurious, but I will trade luxury any day for CLEANLINESS!!! With a toddler, I want a clean place more than anything else...the Parkway met the requirements.

We had a 3rd floor unit (2 bed/bath) and the 3 grandparents shared a 1st floor unit (2 bed/bath). I called ahead to ask for one unit to be on the first floor for the grandparents (no elevators at this resort) and even said I preferred at least one 1st floor unit over the units being in close proximity to each other. The front desk was wonderful and not only gave us one 1st floor unit, but made sure they were in the same building. Nice. This is not a luxurious resort, so if you are insistent upon modern furnishings, decor, and the very best quality of everything (as many timeshare owners are), then you should not stay here. It is NOT the Ritz, but it is very comfortable and very clean. If you just want a spacious, comfortable place to come home to in the evenings from the parks, then this is your place. The kitchen and bathrooms were spotless and well kept. LOVED the very clean jacuzzi tub after walking 10 hr. days. As in another review, the master bath shower on the 3rd floor is fairly small, but again, IT IS CLEAN. They do only provide clean towels in the middle of the week, but I've learned to just take a small bottle of laundry detergent (they did actually provide some detergent) and throw them in the wash myself when we need a new supply. Again, if you need to be pampered the towel thing might annoy you, but washing a load of towels once during the week was not a problem for us. They provide a stacked washer/dryer unit that worked fine and quickly. Also, I read some complaints about paying for maid service...we were only there one week!! I don't need someone to pick up after me every minute and I actually prefer no one enter my unit during the week, so yes we emptied our own trash and ran the dishwasher ourselves. The ONLY issue with anything being unclean at all, was the tile floor in the living room on the 3rd floor. It was swept and free from debris, but it could have used a wet mop and a nice floor rug just to "warm" up the atmosphere a bit:) The living room in the 1st floor unit was carpeted and felt a bit cozier.

We stayed over the July 4th weekend and the resort was not crowded. In fact, we found it to be fairly quiet and private the whole time we were there. We finally realized we had neighbors when we saw their pool towels on the rail, but never heard nor saw anyone :) Parking was never a problem and many spaces were available right in front of our unit. We used the pool on two occasions in the late evening hours and it was clean. Our screened in porch over looked the pool and even when it was the busiest, it never seemed overcrowded. Buildings C and D are a perfect location for using the pool. We had a back door to our units (C building) that went out to the pool, shuffleboard area, grills, picnic areas, childrens playground, and poolside bar/restaurant. Our location was perfect. The playground is a very nice ammenity for small kids. Well kept, looks new and safe. We used the small arcade for a few minutes also. Probably wouldn't occupy teens very long and the games seemed old. We had a huge flat screen in the living room with a DVD player so just bring your own game system. We did call in an order to the pool side restaurant one evening and just went down to pick it up and bring back to our room. Food was good and resonably priced. Not open very late though during the weekdays, so plan accordingly. Plenty of restaurants in the area and we never minded driving so it wasn't a problem for us.

I knew about a small waterpark at the Parkway's sister resort from all my research so I asked about it (no one mentioned it at all during check-in) at the front desk and was given directions (about 8 miles away, very easy and quick drive) and a pass to get in for a $5 fee. The pass was good for one day. We loved the waterpark! It was small and so were the slides, but perfect for school age kids. Also had a toddler play area. Again, teens would probably be bored by it pretty quickly, but youngers kids seemed to love it.

Location: We went to the Disney complex (parks and downtown disney)everyday and often more than once during the day. VERY close. Maybe a ten minute drive into the main gates and never encountered any traffic even after the fireworks at Epcot on the 4th. The parking pass into disney is $12/day but it's good for the whole day AND at ANY of the 4 parks during the same day so if you park hop, you just pay the $12 once a day. Aside from staying on the Disney resort, you can't pick a better location.

I would recommend this resort for a family with young kids anyday and we will stay here again! Just a few cons to be very picky (and for management to read)...water pressure in master unit shower was like being beat to death. I actually dreaded getting in because it was so hard, and I felt like I was draining a small river somewhere. In the days of going "green" it was definitely wasteful. Not enough (nearly none) towel bars/hooks to hang wet towels. They could easily add these on doors, etc. Master bath vanity on the 3rd floor unit was so narrow, I could only leave my toothpaste on the counter. No room for anything else on the countertop, so I had to use the second bathroom vanity top for make-up, hair supplies, etc. However, the 1st floor unit had a large vanity to in the master bath, so it just depends on your unit. 3rd floor units have more square footage (about 500 more!) and very high ceilings, but the 1st floor unit was still very comfortable for my parents and mother-in-law. 3rd floor unit had a "wet-bar" in the living area, but not 1st floor unit. 3rd floor unit had wardrobes in master suite, no closet or night stand, but a large closet just outside door in the living area. Not a problem, just be prepared. 1st floor unit had a closet in master suite and night stands...again, just depends on unit.

My only REAL complaint is the $30 fee to use their WiFi (or $8 for 24 hrs.). Really ridiculous...it's 2009...even my dentist's office offers free WiFi!!! I hope they change this policy before we return. :)

2 Thank ReviewReaderMom
Massachusetts
Reviewed July 17, 2009

When arriving at the resort, was very disappointed. Resort was no where near a 5-star resort. Basketball court was a hoop in the driveway where cars would have to be moved to play. There was no housekeeping, unless you wanted to pay extra, clean towels where exchanged on Wednesdays only, but if you complain you can get them when you want. Pool is very small and not clean. There are no activities offered such as a regular resort would offer. Coffee maker did not work and when asked for a new one, was told I would have to wait until 8:00 am when staff arrived meaning I would have to wait 2 hours for my morning coffee. Exhaust fans in bathrooms did not work. Grounds were not kept clean. The only good thing, it was close to the parks. Would not recommend this resort to anyone.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family