I would give it three and a half stars, as it's better than average, but below Very Good. It's Good.
We stayed here Christmas week of 2013 on an Interval International trade. We were visiting family in the area, and didn't visit the parks. No kids in our party, and it was rainy a lot of the time, so no pool time for us.
As many others have said, the resort is older and no elevators in the three story tall buildings. We knew that going in, and since the third floor units have the vaulted ceilings that make the place feel much larger, we requested a third floor unit and we were prepared for stairs, and the jungle themed decor.
The unit was nice and had a lot of amenities, but there are a few things you should know:
You might be arriving on Sunday evening, as we did, after a long day of travel. The front desk is friendly and helpful. What is not helpful is the distinct lack of lighting on the signs of the building indicating which building is which. It's a little aggravating when all we wanted to do is find our building and unload our things. Go really slow and peer really hard.
The master bedroom and bathroom are spectacular, and whoever stays there in your party will be very happy. Whoever stays in the second bedroom will experience some issues:
1. There is oddly only one source of lightning in the second bedroom, coming from a nightstand lamp. If you're a couple and wish to push the twin beds together, the nightstand gets shoved to a corner of the room, distancing the light and making things dimmer. Yes, there is a window that allows from some light, but it's not enough at night.
2. The second bathroom has lighting issues as well. Two light sources, but nothing in the shower. This means when you pull the curtain, it's dim and shadowy while taking your shower.
The gym is a small boxy room that you have to get a separate key for at the front desk. No towels, no ab mats.
But the front desk staff is very pleasant (including manager Teresa Fernandez, who couldn't have been lovelier) and the location is fine. Just be prepared.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Spacious two bedroom condos (up to six people), fully furnished, living room, dining area, full kitchens, washer/dryer, in-room safe, whirlpool, 2 heated swimming pools, game and fitness room, organized activities, volleyball, racquetball, BBQ/picnic area, children’s playground, one mile from Animal Kingdom®. Shopping, restaurants, and golf nearby. AAA 3-diamond property. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Vacatia, Priceline, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Parkway International Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Parkway International Hotel Kissimmee
- Parkway International Kissimmee