Just returned from a 4 night stay and I was extremely satisfied. The Parkway is a time-share resort which offers individual condo rentals decorated in an African wildlife motif. The property includes a pool & pool-side bar. The exterior grounds are clean & well kept.
I rented a 2 bedroom, 2 bath unit on the 3rd floor. The condo was extremely clean, a must when I travel. The master bedroom contained a comfortable, king size bed, a HDTV & ceiling fan. The large master bath contained a glass enclosed shower stall & Jacuzzi tub. Directly off the master bedroom was a screened porch enclosure with a table, chairs & ceiling fan, perfect for enjoying a nightcap in the warm Florida evening. The second bedroom contained 2 twin beds and a small TV. A second full bath was situated directly across the hall. There were ample, clean, good quality bath towels in both bathrooms, as well as a number of pool towels. The linens were fresh & clean but there is no daily maid service. Dishwasher & laundry detergent, paper towels, toilet paper & trash bags were in the unit, as were bars of soap but no shampoo.
The unit came with a small kitchen with all necessary utensils, pots & pans needed for cooking as well as glasses, plates and a coffee maker. A dining area with a nice size table separated the kitchen from the living area, which included a sleep sofa, chair & HDTV. The unit was equipped with a washer & dryer and ironing board/iron.
The negatives were minor. The WiFi didn't properly work. The TV reception on certain channels in the living room was not perfect. No elevator service. Although I had made my reservation 4 months in advance and requested a room overlooking the pool, one was not available upon check-in. And I could not phone directly into the Resort's front desk when I had a question on the reservation; I dealt with an off-site 1-800 number. Nothing earth shattering and quite frankly, if you're there attempting to hit as many Central Florida attractions & theme parks as possible, you won't be spending a great amount of time in your room.
The Resort's biggest selling points: location & value. Located discreetly off of busy Florida Route # 192, the main commercial drag leading into the Walt Disney World complex, the Resort is approximately 7 miles & less then a 10 minute drive to Mickey's Magical Kingdom. You can't be any closer without being on Disney property. And if reservations are made early, the per night rental is extremely attractively priced. I thought the value was unbeatable. As a father of five, I would think the Resort a perfect choice for a young family attempting to pinch pennies or whom could not afford WDW Resort rental rates. And there are plenty of restaurants & grocery stores along 192 within minutes driving distance of the property.
Overall, a very favorable impression, nice for the price & highly recommended.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Spacious two bedroom condos (up to six people), fully furnished, living room, dining area, full kitchens, washer/dryer, in-room safe, whirlpool, 2 heated swimming pools, game and fitness room, organized activities, volleyball, racquetball, BBQ/picnic area, children’s playground, one mile from Animal Kingdom®. Shopping, restaurants, and golf nearby. AAA 3-diamond property. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Vacatia, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, HotelsforEveryone, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Parkway International Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Parkway International Hotel Kissimmee
- Parkway International Kissimmee