“Great find, really good Hotel for the price paid”

Parkway International Resort
Ranked #10 of 155 Hotels in Kissimmee
Reviewed July 17, 2011

After searching for somewhere to stay for 3 nights in Kissimmee and reading the positive reviews on Trip Advisor, I booked the Parkway Int Resort. We found it a bit tricky to find even using Sat Nav, but we had just travelled from the UK so it was in our time the early hours of the morning. However, we had no problems after that.

Check in was done very efficiently and the Receptionist was polite and courteous. We stayed in the block opposite Reception, think it was Kilimanjaro. Anyhow we were pleasantly surprised when we stepped into the Condo. The rooms were large and clean and tidy. My daughter slept on the pull out couch which she found comfortable and so were the beds. The kitchenette area was well thought out and appeared to have everything needed for a self catering holiday should you chose to do so.

We did however, have problems with both toilets, which had obviously been blocked by previous guests which meant a very early morning on our first day when the bathroom flooded when we flushed the toilet. However, a frantic call to Reception and 10 minutes later the caretaker arrived to sort it out, closely followed by the cleaner. After that we had no problems at all.

We were not in Kissimmee long enough to use the facilities at the Hotel but we checked out the pool which looked good. The Hotel is extremely well situated for Sea World and the Magic Kingdom the two parks we visited. Roughly taking around 10-15 minutes to reach them. We also visited City Walks which took about 20 minutes to reach.

We would certainly have no hesitation in recommending the Hotel and would certainly use again if we stay in Kissimmee for future Florida holidays.

Room Tip: Agree that if you have small children or disabled people in your group ask for a ground floor condo...
1  Thank piggywiggy01
ParkwayManager, General Manager at Parkway International Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 11, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay at Parkway International Resort. We are very pleased to read that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us and that the staff was helpful and the unit lived up to your standards. Once again, thank you for your review and we hope to see you again on your next trip to the Kissimmee/Orlando area.

Reviewed July 12, 2011

I had a great time there. The only complaint I do have is that the pool should be cleaned more often since I spent most of my time there. The staff was polite & courteous and the gounds well kept. The activities supervisor, Becky, was smart, funny , and great to be around. I look forward to next year.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank smitty2094

Thank you for your recent review of your vacation to Parkway International Resort. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We are also glad to hear that Becki kept you entertained during your stay. Thank you again for your response and we look forward to seeing you again on your next vacation to Central Florida.

Reviewed July 6, 2011

I really do not understand the bad feed back this hotel has recieved. The staff were very welcoming and the 2 bed condo we stayed in was clean and well maintained.
The location of this hotel is spot on. You are only minutes away from disney and you are right on the 192 which makes getting anywhere easy.
The pool is small but the hotel isn't massive so no need for a huge pool. My children loved it.
I canont fault this hotel at all and for the money we paid it was a real bargin.
I can say if we ever go back to Kissimmee we will be staying at the Parkway again.

Room Tip: There are no elevators in this hotel so if you have small children ask for a ground floor room.
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
ParkwayManager, General Manager at Parkway International Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 7, 2011

Thank you for your recent review of Parkway International. We are so pleased to hear that you felt welcome by our staff and that you found the resort met your standards. The resort does have an excellent location and we are glad that you found it to be convenient for you during your vacation. Once again thank you for taking the time to place your evaluation and we look forward to seeing you on your next trip to central Florida

Reviewed June 23, 2011

RUN AWAY FROM THIS RESORT - WORST EXPERIENCE EVER!!!
We have owned timeshares for almost 15 years. We exchanged our Westin 2BR timeshare via Interval and selected Parkway based on the "premier" designation given by II. We also read the reviews which were, for the most part positive. What an inequitable trade this turned out to be.

The unit was a 2 BR, 2BA - it was definitely sized well enough based on sf to accommodate our family of four. And the kitchen was well-stocked with tools, and the AC worked well but as someone else pointed out, it was right next to the second BR and very loud. We had to turn it off at night. The man who checked us in was pleasant enough. The maintenance guy who came to unlock our safe and bring us working knives was timely and helpful. But that is where the positives end.

Our unit - B306 - was lacking in the cleanliness department. While dustbunnies and cobwebs are generally excusable, the following are not: used bandaids on the floor, cockroaches in the bathroom and bugs in the utensil drawers. We told the front desk about the bandaids and the cockroach on our 2nd full day. She then proceeded to tell us that she can have the room sprayed but cannot guarantee the odor. My daughter and I have breathing issues and a room full of bug spray is not what I have in mind during my vacation. She promised to get the room cleaned. They changed the towels - but cleaned it was not. More cockroaches showed up again on Friday - this time we brought them the "dead specimen" in a ziploc bag as well as a picture to prove that there is an issue as the first encounter did not seem to generate a serious enough response. I asked for the manager on duty the second time, who proceeded to tell me that they use a eco-friendly service (we weren't told about this the first time and the front desk should have advised their managers of the issue the first time) and she will get them out right away.

Should we have left or asked for a different room? Perhaps we should have after the first time but I trusted that they would take care of the problem the first time. After the second encounter - we only had 1 full day left and repacking and moving would have taken too much precious time.

The Master Bath was an afterthought. Sure it had a jacuzzi tub - which I guess is a must for all the MBRs nowadays, but they forgot the shower, so a pre-fab shower unit was installed at the corner - no room to bend if you drop anything. A more comfortable shower would have been more useful than the giant 2 person tub. There was one sink, but no countertop and nowhere to hang our toiletries - we had to use the tub wall to store our toiletries. The Master bath was very dark - either they need to change the lightbulbs or add more, but it was dark. There were more switches than there were light fixtures. The second bath was more usable than the Master.
The pool area needs updating. After the cleaning issues with our unit, we were quite uncomfortable trying out the pool and the hot tub.

When I told the front desk we were in the process of checking out and I wanted to get a receipt to make sure we were not charged for anything, she gave me a rather funny look when I wouldn't give her my room key and explained we were still packing. She proceeded to tell me in a rather snobbish manner that I was not checked out until I turned in my room key. Seriously???

I know there are others that raved about this place. I WILL NEVER GO BACK.

2  Thank kloski
ParkwayManager, Front Office Manager at Parkway International Resort, responded to this reviewResponded June 25, 2011

Thank you for your recent review about Parkway International. We sincerely apologize for the misinformation that you received from the front desk staff member in regard to the treatment of palmetto bugs while guests are occupying the unit. We do use an eco-friendly company that does not use harmful pesticides that have fumes that could irritate our guests; they use a baiting system which does take a couple of days to take affect. We are currently investigating the other concerns that you had and will be taking corrective measures to ensure that this type of occurrence is rectified.

Once again we do apologize for the inconveniences and we greatly appreciate your feedback to help us provide a better vacation experiences for our valued guests.

Reviewed June 22, 2011

I would stay here again, however, this is a minimum service place, you do your own beds, etc. They refresh towels twice/week, but ONLY if you request it. You do your own dishes, and take out your own trash. They stock with plenty of dish liquid for the dishwasher, and soap for the washer/dryer.

Rooms were clean and well stocked, newly remodeled. They were dark, but good lighting and it doesn't really matter. Complete kitchen with utensils/plates/cookware and small washer/dryer. They had an ironing board/iron and vacuum cleaner. Dining room with four chairs, living room, and little bay area with a chess table and two chairs.

Two bedrooms, one with a king sized bed and ceiling fan, the other with two twin beds. The king bed was comfortable, the pillows were too puffy for my taste but to each his own. Each room had a TV. Two bathrooms, the master with a jetted tub, and a screened in patio off the master bedroom with table/chairs and ceiling fan. Central air conditioning.

Wooded area. Beware though, one of our rooms was infested with 3 cockroaches (which appeared at night and terrified my poor daughter). The hotel said they couldn't do anything until the next morning, so kids/I spent the night in the king with hubby on couch. They sent someone out the next day but the next night, cockroaches were back. Front desk didn't care and never sent anyone else out. My husband even filmed them with his night vision video camera as proof. We managed to catch one and release it, but there were more. Eventually, they disappeared but no one would stay in that room because we couldn't be sure.

I would stay here again but do a thorough inspection for cockroaches before accepting a room. I think the proximity to the woodland area makes it susceptible. It's a timeshare, so they try to offer you a five star breakfast/lunch and all sorts of perks if you listen to their presentation. The location is good, close to the parks and lots of dining options as well as grocery just down the road. If you don't like noise, get a room away from the pool, we got one further back and it was quiet.

Internet access is terrible, they charge $30/week and it's incredibly slow. Still, we paid $65/night w/ tax for the room, so the value for the space was really good. Overall, a nice experience.

2  Thank Emmiebear1973
ParkwayManager, General Manager at Parkway International Resort, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay at Parkway International. We are pleased to see that you enjoyed the unit and your stay. We apologize for the presence of Palmetto Bugs in your unit. Unfortunately we are not permitted to exterminate and our professional exterminators must bait instead of spray when there are guests present for your safety. This method can take a couple of days to remedy the situation. I can assure you that we have our units treated on a regular basis to control pests and we take your concerns seriously. Our proximity to the wooded areas does require us to be extra diligent. We are pleased that you found our resort to be comfortable and clean. We appreciate the feedback as it assists us to create better vacation experiences for all of our valued guests. Once again, thank you for your comments and we hope that you will visit Parkway International again for any of your future vacations to Central Florida.

Reviewed June 22, 2011

Discovered Parkway about 8/9 years ago having been moved from sister resort Orbit one where I own after a hurricane, and haven't looked back.
Prefer smaller friendly resorts and this fits the bil perfectly, every appartment isn't far from the pool. As previously stated its clean, spacious, close to amenities and maingate. Jackie I loved a previous review calling Becky 'Entertainments Director'. We have made such good friends because of the intimacy of the pool and look forward to catching up with them again this year.My grandchildren and I enjoy the free breakfast but I like that we don't get the free breakfast at the weekend it gives us an excuse to go out. All the staff both Becky's. Norman, Kenny,Jackie are all wonderful and I can't wait to get back in September.
Beth, Hertford UK

Room Tip: Block C overlooks the pool fantastic view
  • Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank nannybeth3009

Thank you for your recent review of Parkway International. We are so happy to see families return year after year who become like family to the other guests and the staff as well. We are pleased that you enjoyed your most recent stay and we look forward to seeing you again in September!

Reviewed June 19, 2011

Check in was a breeze, room was a . 2 BR 2 bath , full kitchen and a 6 seat dining room table with another 2 seat table in the living room. Washer, dryer and an inscreened patio, for 105/night tax included. The room is not old and worn like alot of other resorts in Orlando. There is no daily house-keeping and no new towels are brought to the room, unless you pay a fee for them. To me this is no big deal, as I can wash and dry my own. There is daily garbage pick-up as you just leave it right outside your room. The location is excellent. You are just a 10 min. drive to Disney parks, Univ, and Sea World. It is a tad off of 192 but away so there is no traffic noise. There is a grocery store within a 2 minute walk, and scores of trinket stores and restaurants off of 192. The beds were excellent as was the water pressure.With 4 adults in the room, we never lost hot water.The staff that we dealt with were all excellent individuals and very helpful. I was never once approached about buying a vacation home.

2  Thank jwong29371

Thank you for your recent review of Parkway International. We are very pleased to read that your experience at Parkway International was a pleasant one. We are happy to see that the location, unit size and condition and staff all met your expectations. We are appreciative of the feedback you have provided and we hope that you will choose Parkway International as your vacation destination on you next trip to Central Florida.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Kissimmee
Quality Suites The Royale Parc Suites
Comfort Suites Maingate East
Melia Orlando Suite Hotel at Celebration
Quality Inn & Suites By The Parks
Polynesian Isles Resort
Polynesian Isles Resort
#2 of 155 in Kissimmee
Radisson Resort Orlando-Celebration

Been to Parkway International Resort? Share your experiences!