“Great value - good position - dirty room”

Quality Inn & Suites Eastgate
Ranked #102 of 152 Hotels in Kissimmee
Gold Coast, Australia
“Great value - good position - dirty room”
Reviewed January 12, 2011

We stayed here in 2 adjoining rooms for 1 night... I wish we had stayed here in the first place rather than the nearby Disney complex. The rooms were spacious, comfortable and had everything including free wi-fi, breakfast, coffee etc for a ridiculous low price. In my opinion this would be the ideal place for a couple or family while visiting the nearby attractions. The only downside was that the room could have been a little cleaner. 4 and a half stars.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
5 Thank GlobetrotterJSH

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Victoria, Canada
Reviewed November 4, 2010

spent 10 days at hotel with my 8 yr old daughter. Check in was fast and easy. Front end staff professional and accomodating. Upgraded to room with fridge and microwave. Room was older but spotless.Housekeeping daily. Beds were super comfy. Everything worked well inc. airconditioner. Free breakfast was amazing... lots to choose from. Pool was super clean and large. Shuttle to disney was on time although i would rent car due to shuttle stoping at multiple hotels first. I have no complaints about this hotel got it off priceline for $25. Was worth every penny. Will definatly stay again and recommend to anyone in the kissamee area.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank marnie1975
Brasilia, DF
Reviewed July 6, 2010

Me and my fianceé came all the way down from Brazil and arrived quite late (4:00am) at this hotel after a 3-hour drive from Miami. The lady at the counter was nice and kind, but that´s the ONLY good thing about this hotel.
The rooms´ floor is made of carpet and the carpet is old, stinky, mouldy and VERY dirty. I took off my shoes and a few minutes later the sole of my feet were charcoal black! I mean, I´ve seen this kind of thing in some cheap, roadside motels in Brazil, but I thought I´d never experience something like that in the USA, especially being so close to the Walt Disney World Resorts.
We were glad we stayed there for only 3 nights, since we were booked at a far better hotel for the remaining days of our trip. Besides the breakfast was very lame, the juice was bitter, the bread was hard and cold, and only the milk could be drank if you were REALLY hungry. We ended up having breakfast at Krispy Kreme, just a mile down the street.
Conclusion: If your idea of a trip to Walt Disney World is saving as much money as you can, and you don´t give a damn about comfort, cleanliness, bad breakfast and sneezing all night long cause the room is mouldy and smelly, then this is the place for you. If not, then stay away!
Oh, almost forgot. Not the safest place in the world, since the rooms are facing the street. I mean, anyone could come and break your door and take away your belongings while you´re chatting with Mickey in Magic Kingdom, cause this is a motel-style Hotel and the rooms are a bit far from the reception.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank rafaelandrezo

Travelers are raving about these Kissimmee hotels

Raleigh
Reviewed January 27, 2010

The carpet in the rooms were real old, it stinks, the air conditioner makes noise. The front desk was friendly, they offered me to change room but it was still the same i did not want to pack all our stuff and move it to another room and still nothing better. The bath room was small, but the breakfast was good

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family
3 Thank Roy4433
Illinois
Reviewed December 2, 2009

My family stayed here just as a filler before we moved to the resort we booked for our vacation. It was fine, I have no complaints or compliments. It was completely adequate for what we needed. Rooms were fine & they were clean. We had to have our door repaired 3 times because it wouldn't read the key cards, but the gentleman who fixed it was nice enough & it was taken care of promptly. There was a continental breakfast that didn't offer much. The food was subpar but acceptable, however it ran out quickly so we ended up getting Krispy Kreme donuts down the street each morning. One big complaint-I don't see how that hot tub passes any kind of safety codes. It is badly deteriorated, so much so that a couple of us ended up with scrapes on our feet or behinds from stepping or sitting on chunks that had chipped off. The worst part was the fiberglass! We were all miserable because we ended up with fiberglass burns. It felt like I had been sitting on old-school fiberglass football bleachers. Ugh, it was horrible. Seriously, don't go near it. You'll regret it. When one of my teenagers was talking about it, I blew her off because I thought she was being dramatic, then I got in myself. If you must go in, don't sit down & don't lean against the sides. Trust me. All in all, it was a fine place. Nothing good, nothing bad. I got a very cheap rate through online bidding. Don't pay much, because there are better places for the same price range in the area. But if you're looking for a quick stop, it's fine. Just don't take a relaxing dip, because it will backfire. (:

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank brookers528
South Carolina
Reviewed November 27, 2009

I was initially worried when I read the reviews for this hotel but we stayed anyway and I've not had one single regret! It was clean, attractive and the staff were very friendly and eager to accommodate your needs. There was a nice continental breakfast awaiting you each morning in their restaurant near the front, a pool and hot tub, clean laundry facilities with a gameroom for busy kids and play gym in the back. If you're looking for a 4 star hotel, you might not be happy here but if you're on a budget or not a picky person, this place is great! My only complaint is the beds weren't soft as I'm used to but was nothing at all to deter me from returning. This hotel also offers free shuttle services to several of the local theme parks. I recommend this over battling interstate traffic and paying $14/day for parking. LOTS of great shopping and dining around the area also. Easy access to everything including Target and Wal-Mart. For what you pay, you get a lot, especially if you bid on priceline.com as we did!

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with family
Pella, IA
Reviewed October 15, 2009

I booked a room online and thought that 2 stars hotel would be ok. When I came in I was in shock. It is an old, dirty, smelly place. I do not understand who rates all these hotels. How this one could be 2 stars??? It is a piece of junk. Terrible.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business