“Dont reserve with capone Dinner Theater”

Quality Inn & Suites Eastgate
Ranked #106 of 154 Hotels in Kissimmee
Reviewed February 16, 2014

I reserved this hotel with the capone Dinner Theater. The check in was supposed to be no later then 3 pm. Well that didnt happen. They said they were having troubles and my room probably wouldn't be readt till about 5 pm! That was ridiculous since my theater reservations were for 5pm. They weren't very nice about it. I got my money back and went to another hotel! On another note...Capones was great!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank CherylnMarty

Reviewed February 12, 2014

Negatives: pool outdoors is not heated (though spotless and clean), tv has only 23 channels (due to pain issues, a lot of our vacation is spent in room or on premises).
Positives: very clean room, friendly staff, safe in room, small refrig, USA Today free at front desk (get there early), safe area. Spouse says Wifi "kicks _ _" which is great for us as we do a lot on our iPads. (dont know if the fast wifi is throughout motel rooms or specific areas. Our room was 111). Would come again when in area.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jacknann
Reviewed February 6, 2014

We stayed here for 5 nights as a combination vacation and conference meeting. We had the King suite and it was very nice -- roomy with separate living area with table and a work desk. Very clean, staff friendly, good breakfast. The only reason I didn't give this an excellent rating is because it was somewhat noisy in the early mornings. (Some kind of truck delivery going on at the business next door.) Since we were getting up early anyway due to my conference, it wasnt too much of a problem for us but I dont know about for other folks who may like to sleep in on vacation.

Room Tip: Maybe if you ask for a room farther from the street, the morning noise wouldn't be a problem.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Vermadel N
Reviewed January 24, 2014

Like other reviewers we also stayed here as part of the Capone's Dinner Show package. I had checked out the reviews prior to finalizing my order and all the reviews seemed to agree that the staff was friendly, beds were comfy, affordable rates, convenient location, and clean rooms. In my opinion these statements were all true.

Now I hate to be the picky traveler but I do think I should mention some of the things I learned from my own experience since they could possibly be the deal breakers for some travelers. The walls are pretty thin so we could hear our neighbors turn on the water, talk outside their doors at 5am, and also the sirens that passed by on the busy street all night long. Now safety was never an issue since none of these sirens ever headed in our direction but the hotel does sit on a busy (convenient) street so if you are a light sleeper (like my children and I) you could hear everything. My husband (a heavy sleeper) said he did not hear the sirens at all. So that would depend on the type of sleeper you are.

If you'd like some of the continental breakfast be prepared to arrive early since this is closed down at 9:30am SHARP!! They literally took the items off the buffet at exactly 9:30. The few things that we were able to get our hands on we didn't care much for and ended up purchasing an outside breakfast anyways. I'm not sure if they took the good stuff off the buffet first but for what we saw we were not impressed. Oh and to avoid surprises...the breakfast is served in an Indian Restaurant at the end of the small shopping plaza that is connected to the hotel lobby. That was a first for me.

Now the real questions is....would we stay here again. Hmmm??? I think if we were staying for just 1 night, we were super tired, and wanted something inexpensive....then POSSIBLY YES. But we would definitely ask for an isolated room away from the main road and other guests. And we wouldn't waste our time with the breakfast.

Room Tip: Ask for an isolated room away from the main street and possibly away from the other guests due to th...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank JCCEJ
Reviewed January 24, 2014 via mobile

We stayed there on the weekend of jan 17th. When we got to the room the smell was so horrible we had to immediately go back to the front desk (we had 2 rooms). They gave us different rooms, this time next to each other. Smell was better but not ok. I wanted to cancel everything and go to a different hotel, but other family members would not get a refund, so we ended up staying. I woke up on sat with some lesions on my arms and neck, which seemed to be mosquito bites. When i woke up on sunday, my entire body was covered in the same kind of lesions. I came back home on sunday afternoon. On monday i went to see my dr, and he confirmed that the lesions were bed bug bites. After several attempts trying to reach hotel manager named Harold, with no success, I decided to file a complaint with the Florida Department of Business & Professional Regulation. I have photos and a letter from the doctor, waiting for the investigator to call. 5 days have passes and i still have the bites. DO NOT STAY in this hotel!!!!!!

Stayed: January 2014
6  Thank Cynaples
Harold H, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Eastgate, responded to this reviewResponded January 27, 2014

Dear traveler
Since we read your review and a visit from hotel & Motel regulations we have inspected the room no indication of any kind of bug activity has been found in the room, as the present time the room is occupied and no complaints have been brought to our attention. please accept our apology on your recent experience with our hotel according to your comments.
We look forward to serving your future lodging needs.

Reviewed January 23, 2014

My wife and I stayed at this Inn as part of a promotional package with Capone's Dinner Theatre. This was a mistake as we found out later when we checked in. The King Bed room we had reserved wasn't ready so we had to accept a room with two double beds, there was mold or mildew on the walls of the bathroom and the faucets on the sink moved in a complete 360* without ever shutting off. The cold air coming under the door was only stopped by using bed pillows to block it and the coffee pot fell apart when we tried to make coffee in the morning. The free continental breakfast was a real joke. Orange juice machine didn't work, sweet rolls were stale, muffins were stale, out of eggs and coffee tasted terrible. I really would not suggest staying at this Inn.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank wdrabbit
Reviewed January 7, 2014

Went to Capones for a birthday celebration and stayed here as it was a package deal. We walked to Capones before and afterward as it was 1 mile away. The room was clean and overall it was quiet, so we could get some sleep.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple