“Review of Quality Inn & Suites Eastgate”

Quality Inn & Suites Eastgate
Ranked #105 of 152 Hotels in Kissimmee
Bradenton, Florida, United States
“Review of Quality Inn & Suites Eastgate”
Reviewed July 7, 2013

Rooms are ok for a one night stay...mattresses in our room were really worn out and a/c made noise...the first room we were in the a/c didn't work...maintenance man tried to fix, but couldn't so they moved us to another room. Staff was friendly. Guess you get what you pay for.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Marisa H

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Reviewed June 13, 2013

My family and I travel to Orlando at least 4-6 times a year. Last year, we came 6 times and stayed at another hotel. It was nice, but the breakfast wasn't free and the sometimes the room was great while others not so great. They didn't have a rewards plan either. So! When I got on the choice rewards plan, I found this one. I read the reviews, and was a bit nervous about our visit. Now that we are here, I am feelin good.

When we came, the place was easy to find, the lobby area was well lit. The Front Desk Clerk, Austin, came when I walked through the door, and checked us in quickly. He provided me directions to our room, and explained to me where the breakfast would be in the morning (at an Indian restaurant at the corner of the plaza). The encounter was quick, easy, and friendly. We got to our room, and were pleasantly welcomed with a clean smell. The beds looked comfy, and the bathroom was clean. I unpacked out bags, and made sure the cabinets and drawers were clean, which they were. The bathroom and building makes no secret that it is old, however it is perfectly suitable for what we need it for; a place to sleep, get cleaned up, and have our our stuff while we enjoy our vacation. The beds are comfy, and so far, everything is well.

If the circumstances change, I will make sure to comment. :)

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank shandrastroud
Coral Springs, Florida
Reviewed June 2, 2013

Okay, the bottom line, it lacked cleanliness. Looking at all the reviews, I'm kind of confused. The tile floors in the bathroom were sticky and dirty. There was hair on the wall. I saw one bug in the bathroom, and another on the ceiling. The towels were not very clean (yellowish stains). The room smelled a bit old (stale smoke). Really, all my negatives are about cleanliness. The rest, you get what you pay for. Look, I only stayed one night, so I'm no expert. It is close to Disney World, the front desk was friendly, the refrigerator and microwave were great. The bathroom really needs updating. If you are on a budget, this hotel is for you. But they need to clean it up!

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank DFrenchy

Travelers are raving about these Kissimmee hotels

Palm Beach, Florida
Reviewed April 24, 2013

The negative reviews are just too hard on this place. When you're booking your room for $49.95 (with breakfast) or 6,000 points (the lowest Choice offers) what exactly are you expecting?

This is an old property there is no doubt. The rooms are all exterior, certainly. There are some issues that come with an older hotel yes. That said the rooms are generally clean, the service is generally friendly, and the breakfast is certainly edible.

When I'm in town and short on cash this is the spot I stay.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank Andrew L
Harold H, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Eastgate, responded to this review, April 25, 2013
On behalf of our hotel staff, we were delighted to receive your kind words of praise, given the very nature of the hotel business it's truly rewarding when a guest recognizes our efforts.
we look forward to see you in the near future.
Margate
Reviewed April 17, 2013

I stayed here on my reward points and was given the room next to the laundry room with a nice view of the stairs going to the 2nd floor. Room needed many cosmetic upgrades. Also you could not park in front of room as employees park here. Breakfast was horrible. Among other things, The hard boiled eggs were kept in a boiling pot making them inedible. Front desk staff took a long time to get me into room and the safe was broken (but fixed in a reasonable amount of time). Pool was nice.This was some reward!!

Room Tip: Look elsewhere
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Jim M
A hotel is defined by the quality of service that it provides to its guests. I want you to know that the comments and suggestions we receive are taken seriously. your willingness to share your recent experience is genuinely apreciated. I'd like you to give us another chance by staying with us again during your next visit to the area.
Reviewed April 3, 2013 via mobile

I don't even know where to start with this review......I am a diamond choice privilege member who stays in hotels 3 nights a week (on average). The negative experience started during the reservation process. The guy didn't know how to make a reservation using my choice privilege number, which was annoying because I've never ran into this problem. The owners I this hotel are clearly beyond cheapskates. The only cable channels available were local channels and the weather channel. Also there was no wireless Internet because it was down. This hotel isn't up to quality standards (which is a pretty low bar). The mattress was at least a thousand years old. The mattress sank to china when you laid down. I wouldn't stay here again unless no other place was available.

• Stayed April 2013
2 Thank Wvuman12
Reviewed March 24, 2013

We arrived after a 20 hour drive from Chicago, tonight. I requested a non-smoking room, due to my daughter's severe asthma, and for a crib. I did not get either. First room the door was broken. So we were moved to a second room. I have been in here with my 3 children for 20 minutes and have already spotted bugs. 2 of my kids are deliriously tired and already asleep. We will stay tonight but will be running like hell from this place tomorrow.

• Stayed March 2013