“No A/C or microwave & refrigerator as advertised - Badly Managed”

Quality Inn & Suites Eastgate
Ranked #104 of 152 Hotels in Kissimmee
Dallas, Texas
“No A/C or microwave & refrigerator as advertised - Badly Managed”
Reviewed January 9, 2013

We went to WDW during peak time and this hotel seemed reasonable reading from reviews in orbtz. Once we got there a/c would not work as the power cable was not even long enough to reach the outlet. Front desk gave me a run around and did not fix it until the 3rd day when we were ready to leave. Room did not have refrigerator & microwave as advertised. Front desk always told me i need to talk to the manager in the morning :-( This was not all, the bathroom door could not open or close without scrapping the floor, shower rods were broken spilling water allover bathroom floor and the bed side lights lacked bulbs. This hotel is easily the worst hotel i have ever stayed. There is no quality in this quality inn. Only thing good i can think of is the free breakfast served in the Indian restaurant in the same premises. AVOID this hotel!

Room Tip: AVOID this hotel, there are other hotels in the same street.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank TexasVick

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Kent, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 28, 2012 via mobile

Very basic but just ok. Double bed was tiny for me and my partner so we slept in seperate beds (we're not huge I'm only 11st and he's 13st so a average size couple)

Needs renovating a lot! Cleanliness is ok. Found a dirty face cloth on return from our room being cleaned and beds made. Please note your sheets aren't changed just bed made.

Shower a bit hit and miss with temperature. We were located above the laundry room and temperature and pressure fluctuated frantically.

Internet worked perfect! Staff not that great but not rude just unenthusiastic.

Noisy as on the main Kissimmee road but it kind of did the job.

• Stayed November 2012
2 Thank KatyJB
South Yorkshire, England
Reviewed November 17, 2012

After reading the reviews on this site I was quite worried about staying here and my expectations when we arrived were very low. It turns out that although the hotel isn't luxury, it was exactly what we needed, clean comfortable bed, hot shower, friendly, helpful staff and a good location if you are visiting Disney World.
we would definately return here.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with clever-hotels.com

3 Thank Melanie B
Kissimmee, Florida
Reviewed November 6, 2012

Our stay was short however; very clean, comfortable. The staff was friendly...
The Beds were soft and comfortable the refrigerator was taller than the average ones in a hotel so we had more space to put our food and snacks. We also enjoyed the flat screen tv as well.
The room provided an extra table so we all had some extra space to enjoy our laptop with the internet services provided as well. once again Thank you very much! I would recommend this hotel to family and friends

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank Kendra G
Douglas, GA
Reviewed November 2, 2012

I'm staying here tonight with my family for the eve of our Disney World adventure tomorrow and the room is about what I expected for $39. However, I'm using reward points instead of spending $39 so I don't feel as bad as if I had to pay to stay here. The room isn't horrible, but I've stayed in nicer Quality Inn & Suites elsewhere. You can tell the rooms have been updated, but I don't think recently. This is one of those real old hotels that has been here for decades and has it's scars to prove it. Furniture looks to be on the newer side, but the walls, ceilings, and bathrooms are dated. The toilet is one of those ancient ones that won't even flush completely. I'm afraid to know what may happen if I need it to flush. The hotel should really do something about that. The fridge in the room doesn't work and had a bad smell in it too, but luckily I didn't have to use it, but would have liked to chill some drinks. When we first came in the room there were hints of smoking, but it wasn't overbearing and we got use to the smell after 10 or so minutes. The property is spacious, but old and doesn't have nice extras. The rear of the hotel is a bit eery and doesn't feel real safe either. I recommend more lighting at night. The bathroom probably needs the most attention, but for $39 it's a fair price considering all things. Would I stay here again, probably not unless this was the only option in the area.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank wofiii

Travelers are raving about these Kissimmee hotels

Brandon, Florida
Reviewed October 6, 2012

My friend and I went to Orlando for an overnight getaway, to unwind, play games and just have a good time. To start off on a positive note, the overnight desk clerk was super friendly. I didn't get his name, but he was awesome. I had a suite, which was very spacious. Location is great. Trying to think of more positive stuff to say.... but can't. The cleanliness was not to my standards. I ended up going to Publix and buying cleaning supplies and cleaning and sanitizing the entire room myself... The dust, pubic hairs, and other grime that I wiped up was DISGUSTING! The furniture is cheap and in extremely poor condition. The mattresses on both beds in this suite (#201) have broken springs that stick into you, which was extremely uncomfortable. I had reserved a smoking room through the Choice Hotels website and when I arrived to the suite, there were no ash trays in there. I called the front desk to request a couple of ash trays and was told that someone would be there in 10 minutes with ash trays. 45 minutes later, one ash tray was delivered... Also, when I arrived to the room, it was very hot in there. The air conditioner was set to "warm". It took 3 hours for the room to finally get to a comfortable temperature. I had also requested a 12:00 noon check-out, which I was told would not be a problem. I had "do not disturb" signs on the doors and at 11:00, a housekeeper was knocking on the door asking me if I was going to check-out. I told her that I had a late check-out for 12:00. She said "ok" and left. Then, at 11:55, a different member of housekeeping was knocking on the door... It was frustrating. I should mention that I work in the hotel business. I know what is acceptable and what is not, as far as service, room quality, and room cleanliness. The low price is about the only perk you get here. Overall, this hotel left a horrible impression on me.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
5 Thank Stephanie H
Clinton, Wisconsin
Reviewed September 21, 2012

Save yourself the distress! The hotel desk staff were very nice, super friendly. However, the room was quite run down, but it appeared clean. The continental breakfast is served at the Indian Restaraunt attached- and it was terrible. The milk was warm and tasted spoiled, the boiled eggs were tough (old). The only thing that saved them were the waffles and the Danishes my husband has a weakness for. The restaraunt did not appear very clean either.
While having breakfast another hotel stayer came in to the continental breakfast area stating her key wasn't working and when she checked in to her room there were roaches- it really turned the rest of our stay even worse as we were constantly looking for bugs.
We both agreed, we wish we would have spent another $100 per night to have a better stay. We chose this hotel based off the reviews, price and location.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple