“Great Value”

Orbit One Vacation Villas
Ranked #26 of 154 Hotels in Kissimmee
Reviewed March 11, 2009

Having stayed in many Orlando hotels I am used to the fact that most are very well worn and even when new seem tired so after seeing the pictures of Orbit One Vacation Villas I was expecting a mediocre at best experience. Thankfully we were pleasantly surprised.
The staff was very friendly and unusually helpful. The pool and hot tub was the cleanest and nicest we have ever seen and the water temperature was perfect. After a grueling day at Disney we would come back and all four kids would swim for 2 hours. The waterslides kept them entertained. During our stay it was very quiet and was not a resort for any party scene but was great for kids and parents/grandparents. The location was ideal though there is no shuttle to Disney.
Do not go here expecting five star hotel experience. If you want room service and frills go somewhere else and pay a lot more but for a budget minded traveler this is a clean and convenient vacation spot with plenty to keep young children happy.

1  Thank wifeUSMC

Reviewed January 31, 2009

It was ok when we checked in for the first 2 days then we saw the ants in the cupboard. Called desk, sent someone out to spray. We were out and when we came back ants in the cupboard, counter, drawers and sink. Went through this 3 times before we finally moved. Went to turn off the tap in bathroom and it came off in my hand. The bathtub in the main bedroom the shower very unaccessible with no curtain and hard to turn off and on. When you flushed the toilet, it leaked all over the floor. They gave you salt & pepper shakers with nothing in them. Did not supply shampoo, and conditioner. The pool towels were like washboards. Staff very unfriendly.

5  Thank sns57
Reviewed January 27, 2009

First I will say this review is coming from folks from jersey with 2 teenage boys. We arrived early at about 2pm and our room was not ready, but Nancy at the desk tried very hard to get us in, but no luck. We were able to use the pool, change rooms, game room etc. and there are free towels provided poolside. When we did get in the room ($73-expedia for 9 nights) couldn't be more impressed. We were in Saturn 3rd floor. Big clean and stocked, so I'm not sure of the other reviews? We caught the cold snap, so be warned units are not heated and did have a chill in the master due to the huge window--but I lived! My view on the balcony was of the second mellow- pool, bb courts, tennis courts and picnic area with "putting green" kinda lame and lotsa fallen leaves so you really couln't putt. This was great for me because my boys made friends with about 6-7 other boys the same age and they played hoops and football every night. I couln't see nor hear them at the main pool with hot tub....so folks with little ones may want to requeat a room around the kid pool/club house. The property itself is actually very small by disney townhouse/condo standards, which I loved! About 2 blocks around. It is gated and guarded for most of the time--LOVE that. I will say if you have a stroller ask for a 1st floor. No elevators and all your condos will have a door on the back porch opening up to sidwalks for the wee ones. The exits out front do force you to walk in the parkinglot cause there are no sidewalks? So I might be nervous with little ones (toodlers) and why stress on vaca? My boys used the game room alitlle--mini airhockey and 8 good games -all in working order. I used the internet in the cafe one day and you need to pay a small fee with visa or mc only and set up a temp acct. Even to use your lap top requires this.
The room was fab- big master suite with a jacuzzi tub big enough for 2+ (nice for a couple to have some romance during the trip--make the time!) All the beds were pillow top and tons of drawer and closet space. Safe easy to use. It seemed each condo has its own small h2o heater and air unit, we had no water pressure problems or anything. Bring or buy laundry soap and dish washer soap (they give you 2 days worth). The only "down" side and to me it was no biggy is there is no maid service. Now I was doing a load everymorning during my coffee/mom time while everyone slept so I didn't mind throwing in the towels. This may bother some. This is not your place then. I only found out on day 8 that on request you can borrow a vacume and mop--too late for me then but I would have on day 5. There is a broom and dust pan and an iron&board. This was worth it to me for the price and location and $ I save on only using 1 checked bag on the flight (each had a carry-on). Speaking of location--wonderful. 3 min to epcot/mgm 5 to MK and the side rode your on takes you right to animal kingdom 2min. I got "home" before my girlfriend who was staying at Old Key West on Disney property. You can walk to the super K/denn'y/dunkin donuts and more in under 3 min. THe keys work out well for the kids. They are cards and they can get wet. The kids also use them to trade in at the front dest when they take equipment to play with. They have a soday and water machine on premisis and my 16yr old used the small but decent weight room. Thats all-I thought it was great. Just big enough to have space inside and out yet small enough to let the kis run free and super close to the parks.

• Stayed: January 2008
6  Thank dawn5851
Reviewed January 18, 2009

We stayed at this property for 7 days while visiting disney. I was hesitant and concerned b/c of some neg reviews but I have to say, I was very pleasantly surprised. It was extremely clean (I bought a mop and chlorox to clean the floors and found didn't need to!!!), the units look just as pictured. They werent super new or luxurious but for the price point I think you can't go wrong. There are two pools, one larger with a slide, a fountain and a whirlpool and the other smaller and quieter. Both were nicely heated. The staff was very courteous, they tried the time share sales brkfst thing, we simply said no and that was that. It was very close to all disney parks (prob 5 min drive). It is located just off of a main strip with restaurants, shops, walgreens and supermarkets (a large publix 3 miles down). I wouldn't think twice about staying here when we come back.

4  Thank Jujumommie
Reviewed January 6, 2009

We got rooms at this resort through our time-share company.
I travelled with a large group (16 adults, 5 children). We were able to get four units next to each other, all ground level. I guess it wasn't a busy period. Late September/Early October. I think this is the best time to visit Disney, short waiting time for most rides.

The units are large! the master bedroom and bath are very spacious. Large TV's in both bedrooms and living room. Full kitchen with large fridge.

There is a washer and dryer in every unit. And the resort gives you free detergent. They also give you dishwashing detergent.

One evening, the kids went to the pool and used the bath towels, so I called front desk and within 5 minutes, they brought us clean bath towels.

There is wireless internet availble, free of charge but only in the lobby area. They do have computers to go on the internet, but you have to pay for this. I cant remember how much it was. But get the weekly rate, it's much cheaper than the daily rate.

The hotel is located conveniently off US-192. We could not hear any traffic from our rooms. It is very easy to get to and from the parks. There is a McDonalds accross the street (192). We walked to it one night. We felt safe.

There is a security guard at the gate during the day. At night they walk around the building and check if all the cars are registered at the front desk.

• Stayed: October 2008
3  Thank aruba1983
Reviewed December 29, 2008

Redeemed through RCI. Our first stay at Orbit One was in Oct. of 2007. We LOVED it and told ourselves we wouldn't stay at anywhere else. It was a great value and the rooms, even tho they were a little older, were clean and spacious.
This year we went in December and had a far different experience.
The room was technically the same but felt far different.
1. The toilet wouldn't flush. You had to hold down the handle for the entire cycle to get it to flush down.
2. The stopper in the Jacuzzi in the bathroom was broke. Couldn't retain water.
3. Couldn't get through a shower without having it run out of hot water
4. We weren't given a brillo pad to wash the dishes and pots with. Even after going to the front desk and asking for something, they told us they didn't have anything available. I remembered our last time staying there we were given one and it came in quite handy. Furthermore, as we were leaving on the last day, I saw brillo pads in the starter packs that were to be prepped for incoming guests.
5. Overall feel was old and grungy. The bathrooms looked outdated and old. Soap melts super fast and is gone within 1 or 2 uses. Altho the front desk will give you more if you ask for it, still a good idea to bring your own stuff so you don't have to keep asking.

Overall it was ok but not nearly as impressive as I remembered last year. It seems like we got one of the better units the first time and one of the worse units this go-around. Unfortunately I won't be going back. I'll look for elsewhere next year.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled with family
2  Thank MllePookie
Reviewed November 28, 2008

Near theme parks. Basic breakfast. Lots of space. Great value for the money.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled with family