“great family place to stay”

Orbit One Vacation Villas
Ranked #28 of 155 Hotels in Kissimmee
Reviewed January 4, 2012

The staff here was nothing but wonderful we booked this through an resort certficate that we got through my husbands work. We had 2 condos and 2 families traveling together the staff made sure we were put together on the main floor with a pool right outside our condo. The kids pool was only a short walk away. Disney is very close and if you program animal kingdom into gps it will take you a shorter back way in. The outside of the units are older but the inside is great and has everything you need and if you forget something the front staff will give you one for a small fee. We had a great time here and would highly recommend it

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank hopPortlandMi

Reviewed January 1, 2012

We stayed in a 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom villa. Using credit card reward points, we paid only $10/night. When we booked it, I was concerned about what kind of place it woul be since the deal seemed to good to be true. When we arrived, the entrance and overall look of the place caused us some reservation, but we were pleasantly surprised when we saw our villa. It was roomy, clean, and well-furnished. Plenty of room for our family of 5 - all 3 kids had their own beds. Screened-in balcony was great for sitting and reading. Pool area was very nice and well-maintained, with a hot tub, large pool, 2 slides and a splash fountain. Although it's in a congested tourist-trap area, that's hard to avoid that in the Orlando area. It's 2 miles off of I-4 and less than 10 minutes from the Disney parks and attractions. We would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: December 2011
2  Thank ERFSU82
Reviewed December 31, 2011

We just got back from a 11 night stay at orbit one and it was our first time ever staying in condo's and I'm SO glad we did! Let me first say that the night I got there I fell terribly sick, sinus infection, strep throat,fever, horrible cough which flared up my asthma, etc the whole works.. I was MISERABLE! staying in a condo was so much better because it felt like I was "home" there is nothing worse then being sick away from home.. that wasn't the case here because it's set up like an apartment I felt very comfortable there, and the first 5 days of my 11 day stay was spent totally sick in bed and I didn't even leave the condo once..So I really grew to call that place home. I loved that there was the full kitchen there My hubby was able to go to the grocery store and we stalked up on orange juice, tea, and soup since that was I all could pretty much eat :( but regardless of being miserable like i said if I had to be sick on vacation I'm glad it was here. if we had stayed in a regular hotel I'd have been forced to get dressed and go out to eat feeling miserable.. the HUGE AWESOME JETTED tub also came in super handy!!! with my cough and wheezing and stuff I'd hop in that tub and make it nice and steamy and it would clear me right up!! I pretty much lived in that tub and and in bed- well finally I felt human again on the 5th day and was able to explore the grounds a bit! we went and took a dip in the pool which is heated and was SO nice! they had a volley ball net, and another pool with a two little slides , lots of amenities! they also had some basic Continental breakfast stuff during the week day which we only ate from once it was just donuts, mini muffins. coffee and juice. but it was still nice! The condos themselves all come equipped with a washer and dryer which was really nice so we knew that before hand and were able to pack lighter since we knew we could wash that came in super handy too! I'll forewarn you it does take a while for the clothes to wash and dry but it does the job. also the washer spins reallllllly slow I was wondering if it could even possibly get clean going that slow but it did! here is what they had for toiletries so you know what to bring 2 bars of hand or body soap, two little tiny packets of tooth paste, if you are staying more than one night you'll need extra tooth paste, trash bags (we had enough for our whole stay), dish soap, dishwasher packet, we did run out of that so you may need to be prepared to buy extra dishwasher detergent if you have those tablets at home I'd maybe bring a few their small and then you wont have to buy any while there, it came with one box of laundry detergent, we ended up doing three loads while there but luckily I did bring two single packets of laundry detergent from home so I didn't have to buy extra while there. and that was it. so you'll need to bring your own shampoo, lotions, conditioner, body wash, etc because those things are not provided. and be prepared to possibly need more dishwasher tablets and more laundry detergent if you'll be running the dishwasher and washer and dryer often- In the kitchen everything was there that I could have possibly needed , baking sheets, pots, pans, plenty of dishes, etc, there is a toaster, microwave, coffee pot, tea kettle, and a full size fridge. the freezer is a bit small but it was sufficient. bed was pretty comfy, I love the enclosed patio that comes with all the rooms it was nice because you were outside but the screen prevented any bugs from getting in and there was a fan out on the patio too! there isn't much to complain about but there were a few minor things that would have made this place an A+ rather than just an A

1.)they charged a ridiculous amount for internet we have smart phones so we got by with just using that

2.)the living room furniture is more like patio furniture so it's not to comfy- the better TV is in the living room but we chose to watch TV in the bedroom most of the time when we did because the bed was more comfy

3.) I do with they would supply more toiletries and a little more dishwasher detergent and laundry soap with no additional costs- next time I'll just bring these things from home though so it wont be an issue

4.)I wish they had some sort of an elevator even though it's only 3 floors. it did get tiresome dragging the luggage and groceries up those stairs next time I'll request ground floor and that wont be an issue

5.) you had to pay for house keeping services- they do exchange your towels for you and bring new ones but no vacuuming, sweeping, or making of the beds unless you want to pay

that would be it for any sort of complaints and thats not enough to keep me away I really liked this place a lot and would definitely stay again! like I said it felt like a home away from home!

the location was great every other time we have stayed in Orlando we stayed over off of I drive by sea world.. But this area was nice because it had a TON of resteraunts all right there to choose from, there was sizzler, bob evans, perkins, i hop, mcdonalds, and just so many the list is endless on that main street. We found two FANTASTIC resteraunts we fell in love with down the street one was bahama breeze and the other was houlihans great food at both places. there was lots of discount gift stores right there too with in walking distance. Word of advice to folks there are a lot of "fake people" trying to buy and sell used Disney tickets DO NOT buy from them! they are fake! everything in Disney is based off finger prints.. those tickets are NOT legit! there is a person who sells tickets in the lobby here and I even wondered about them... I didn't buy any but the prices didn't seem right. So we just stuck with buying our tickets directly from Disney. You can however get a discount on tickets if your military or AAA we learned this after it was too late you can also get free parking with AAA- the discount wasn't a ton I think it was only a few $'s savings but next time I will go with them since savings is savings :) We only got one phone call about doing a time share tour they weren't pushy and we declined because we had plans the next morning they were polite and said ok and that was that- if we had had the time we probably would have done the tour though just for the incentive and for the fact we'd like to come back here again- Well that All I can think of! Enjoy your stay you'll love it! it will be your home away from home!

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank marialovesmexico
Reviewed December 29, 2011

We enjoyed our stay the week before Christmas 2011. The resort is not attractive from the outside, however was more impressive on the inside. It's a smaller resort just off hwy 192. About 10 minute drive to Disney parks. Staff was courteous and helpful. The condo itself was equipped with everything needed from pots and pans to toiletries and towels. The condo was also very clean. The layout of the condo was nice, and me and my husband were able to have privacy from our children. I was somewhat dissappointed in our bathroom, as some pictures on trip advisor had shown nicer master bath's with fancy tile. Ours had an enourmous tub, however was not as impressive as the pics...very plain with no fancy tile.

Overall, I rate the condo 4 out of 5.
PRO'S: 10 min drive to Disney. Well equipped. Friendly staff. Clean. Comfortable. Affordable. Quiet.
CON'S: less attractive than other resorts in area. I personally was disappointed that we seemed to have gotten one of the older units out of all of them. I feel they could have placed us in a newer one considering they didn't look busy at all.

I may or may not stay again, only because I like trying different resorts. Overall it was a pleasant experience.

Room Tip: Ask for a newer unit.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank strongmommyto3
Reviewed December 9, 2011

Spacious villa. Quiet grounds. I would recommend you stay here.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed December 8, 2011

Hello,

First this was a family stay this past summer from the end of June tthrough the 4th of July 2011 for 2 adults with two pre-teen boys. Check in is easy and wonderfull. We arrived VERY early and they made great efforts to get us checked in early. Honestly we showed up around 10am with a 3pm check in. They got us checked in within an hour.....which was not only EXCELLENT, but gave us a little time to check out the area and find grocery stores and restuarants. Also they listened to our request to be near the pool for the kids and we were directly next to it. Durning the day we spent most of our time at Disney, but it was really nice to come home from the hot long days to our air-conditioned villa. And it is not very far from all the attractions. Once you learn the Florida Hwy's (which are pretty confusing), you can get to Disney in about 10 min.
Ok, now for the rooms. Everything was as described. The master had a big comfortable bed (no cheap mattresses here), but I can't remember if it was a queen or king....king I think. The other room had two twin beds. The best part is that the rooms are seperated by two bathrooms....giving parents a little space and privacy. Also there is a washer/dryer unit in the villa. The units come fully furnished, dishes, silverware, dishwasher, tv's in both rooms and the living room. The patio area is also screened in to prevent mosqitos & other insects, of which there are too many!
The resort although small still had plenty of amenities, they have a small game room, basketball courts, a good size pool with 2 slides, and more. Everyone was friendly and happy to help. I highly recommend this place as a great alternative to HUGE resorts where no one will know or remember your name. But keep in mind it is not a 5 star resort.....and you will be more than happy with what you get for the money here. If I go back to Disney, I will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank SBtravelller
Reviewed December 5, 2011

very comfortable and large unit. This is a smaller resort with about 150 units. There are two pools, tennis courts and basketball court. Staff is friendly and the grounds are kept well. It is just off hwy 192 at mile marker 4 and within walking distance of many shops and resturants.We stayed for two weeks and enjoyed the resort.

Room Tip: all units are two bedroom
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family