“I'll be back!”

Rodeway Inn Maingate
Ranked #52 of 154 Hotels in Kissimmee
Reviewed April 23, 2010

I read all the reviews b4 calling. took a chance on a buget hotel and it paid off big time. Called and spoke with Claudia, who was very polite, she informed me that there were no standard non-smoking rooms left, but she offered to upgrade me to a deluxe room for the same price, which i thought was nice. We were only there for one night before checking into a disney resort, but the room was clean, very close to the parks and way more affordable than the resort. We had a room right next to the pool, it was very quite. we paid less than $40 for the night. In a town like Orlando, it's hard to pick where to stay, but i would recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with family

Reviewed April 20, 2010

The hotel was not very far at all from the Disney Parks entrance and easy to find. The room rate VERY affordable. The room was very good, clean, the pillows comfy. They have a shuttle to the Disney parks- so saved us the $14 parking fee there. The staff was very very nice. The listed breakfast is just juice, coffee/tea, and mini-doughnuts; but there are many restaurants and stores near by. We will stay here again for sure!

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 15, 2010

This is the worse place ever.... My rooms got robbedi lost every thing. Front desk and or manager was no help. im still fighting with them 3weeks later for over charging my credit card for fake charges

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed March 27, 2010

For the price we paid, my expectations weren't real high. When I got there I was pleasantly surprised. The room was very clean and comfortable. The bed's were awsome! The front desk staff was very helpful and courteous. The pool area was huge and very well kept. It was too cold when we were there to enjoy it though. Overall, a great place to stay for the money. Also, I didnt expect it, but there was a microwave and refridgerator in our room. The location cannot be beat especially for Disney. We used the shuttle, which was a huge help and it saved us some money cause we didnt have to pay at disney to park. It was nice and quiet there too. The hotel looks a little old, but still a great place to stay. We will definitely stay there again!

• Stayed: March 2010
Reviewed March 17, 2010

This review is for the Rodeway Inn at 5995 W. Irlo Bronson HWY - Kissimmee.

We stayed here for a second time (on business with my family) in three years. Our first trip here was such a great price for what you got - we decided to stay again on the second trip. For what you pay to get a room here - you can't beat it! We stayed for five nights and it ran us under $200! It has a nice heated pool, ample parking, and is within walking distance to gas stations, Walgreens, and a few restaurants. The breakfast buffet is extremely limited, but when you stay in this area for under $30 a night - what do you expect! Take the money you saved on the room and go next door to the IHOP for a meal! We stayed at a Days Inn the two nights prior to this one (near Universal) and it was almost double the price, had NO continental breakfast, and was very run down. This property is maintained and taken care of.

I had accidentally booked a ADA room on this trip - and when we showed up, they did not have any regular rooms left. The ADA rooms are spacious (obviously - for wheelcharis), but it didn;t have a full bath tub, lacked counter space, and had a lot of "extras" that my 1 year old kept getting into! The lady at the front desk worked dilligently to get us switched to a different room, and made it happen - saving some stress from my mistake! She was also extremely helpful with any other issues or neighborhood questions we encountered on the stay. She even went as far as to set me up with a city bus schedule (from her own purse) to show me how we could get to Disney on the city route instead of the hotel provided "shuttle service."

Now - the biggest complaint I have is the shuttle service. The hotel switched from one bus company to another since we last stayed there - and this was a mistake on their behalf. The new company who drives the "free shuttle" (I think it was Discover USA Tours) is a joke. Unlike the last time we stayed at the Roadway and had free shuttle service, we were no longer able to take strollers on the busses. NO STROLLERS! How does a family with two kids under 5 make it without a stroller? The old company used to let you stow strollers underneath in the cargo area - but not these guys. The drivers were rude, had postings all over the bus stating that you should leave a $1-$2 tip per person to teh driver, and the crammed people in the bus like I had never seen before. I also had a managing driver lecture me about trying to bring a stroller onto the bus - how it was a DOT rule, and he could be fined for having me bring it along... Of course it was OK for them to have people standing in the stairwell (past the yellow line on the front of the bus) and breaking that DOT regulation! They just didn't want to deal with having to place strollers in the luggage area of the bus - that was the sole reason.

You can catch the city bus in front of the gas station located right next to the hotel (Route 56). This will take you right to the Disney Ticket & Transport center where you can connect onto Disney (free) transportation to wherever you are going. It cost my wife and I each $2 per way - but we always got a seat and had no problem with bringing a stroller on board. I would rather pay the $2 to the city bus that feel obligated to give it to the rude shuttle bus drivers as a tip - and the schedule is more flexible, too. he busses run every 30 minutes and take you to Disney fast. This was a tip given to me by the friendly staff at the Roadway Inn!

(I travel all over the country with my job, and I contribute on EVERY hotel I stay in. Trip Advisor has been a great tool for me, and I contribute fairly, for both good and bad facilities.)

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank FunnyFisher
Reviewed March 12, 2010

The room was OK but the door was a bit difficult to locked so we have to put the table behind the door to feel safer.
The breakfast that they offered was the tiny pastries with coffee and juices. At least, there was coffee and juices.
The Wi-fi was not working inside the room so my friend had to go down to the lobby and used it. However, it was not that fast neither. It took her about 15 minutes to open a web page.
The location was the great part as the hotel is close to Disney World which was the reason we came down there for.
If you want to look for a low budget hotel for a night or two, this could be an OK place.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 23, 2010

We have stayed at the Rodeway Inn (5995 Rte 192, not the other one) on and off for over a month. We are relocating to Florida and need an inexpensive and decent Hotel/Motel for us and our pets. Some of the reviews on this website are not this hotel but another Rodeway Inn down the rode so beware. This hotel is perfectly fine for anyone who wants to spend less than $30 a night.

What do you expect for that? Well I expected a clean room, simple service and to be very close to attractions, restaurants and highways. I am getting exactly what I am paying for. If you need fancier towels, interior hallways and brand name donuts for breakfast, then stay somewhere else. Its $30 people..!

It has been very quiet, clean and maid service has been excellent. Sure the hotel is a bit older, its been here awhile. The rooms are very basic, little outdated but simple. Bathrooms need an overhaul but again its $30..!

Bottom line, its good for the price and plenty close to Disney. If you need Mickey Mouse soap and a 100 channels on the TV then go somewhere else. This is basic hotel living.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple