“Great Hotel to stay in”

Ranked #53 of 152 Hotels in Kissimmee
Birkenhead, United Kingdom
“Great Hotel to stay in”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2014

We recently stayed in Rodeway Inn Maingate and we just wanted a bed to sleep in really and this is fine for that. The room was clean and housekeeping came in every day to maintain standards. The beds were clean and comfy and The pool area was tidy and clean and some pool towels were provided. Breakfast consisted of bagels with butter, cream cheese, peanut butter etc, yoghurts, a couple of cereals and milk,coffee, orange and apple juice and lemonade. You get what you pay for and this exceeded my expectations for a budget hotel. I didn't find it too noisy although you can hear some hustle and bustle as its a busy hotel.

We had expressed the need for a disabled friendly room and upon check in we found that we had been put in a specific disabled room which was great. The staff were really friendly and helpful and there was even a member of staff popping in the breakfast room each day at a certain time to give new guests a magazine about orlando with money saving vouchers in which was great.

The only down side was there was no plug for the bath, the tv reception wasn't great and the wifi was intermittant but overall a great place to stay and I would stay there again. Also they lock the door to the breakfast room just before 10am when breakfast is from 7.30am -10am so this could be left till exactly 10 am in my opinion. My hair dryer didn't work either but didnt mention it as didnt need it.

Room Tip: make sure you specify if you need anything additional like fridge or microwave etc
1 Thank helliebelli

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Birkenhead, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2014

Just left this hotel on Tuesday and have to say what a lovely place it was. Staff very friendly, room very clean and pool was lovely to laze around in 30C sun, thats 80+F for friends from the States.

The breakfast was basic but for someone that doesn't eat breakfast often it was more than adequate. My only gripe is the poor internet and TV. This however is a small price to pay in the grand scheme of things.

I will defiantly be staying here again on my return to Florida, sooner rather than later.

Room Tip: Go to the garage next door and get a cup that you get free refills for $4.99 really good value for m...
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2014

After reading the reviews I felt I could safely book this Motel for our vacation. I booked it using a discount card (AAA, AARP or their rewards program) and got a additional amount off which made our stay VERY reasonable. We make 1-2 trips to Florida a year so I was familiar with the area and knew it was in a nice area so we booked 9 nights. If you are looking for a posh hotel, this is not for you. If you want a reasonable priced place to stay while enjoying Orlando's many attractions this is for you. Our room was clean (it did smell a little musty until the air conditioner was on for a little while), the front desk staff was VERY friendly and the pool was GREAT. The breakfast was cereal, fruit, bagels,yogurt, juice, coffee and milk, enough to get you going in the morning. If you wanted a bigger breakfast Waffle House and Golden Coral are within walking distance along with several other place across the street. Our housekeeper was a little "hit or miss" but OK. She did the cleaning part but it seemed we were always missing something (coffee, soap, shampoo or washcloths). A call to the desk always took care of it. I love shopping the outlets in Orlando and my purchases were safe in our room and the money we saved on the room allowed me a little more shopping money! My biggest complaint would be the pillows. They were very thin. We did ask for extra pillows but I preferred to put a towel under mine. My family has to have a clean room, in a safe area with a decent pool. If the price is right we don't need much more. We did go out to Walmart and Dollar Tree to get some bottled water, soda and a cooler which took care of the mini-refrigerator we did not have.We will defiantly be staying here again!

Kingston, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2014

Very spread out complex of buildings separating the grounds. Of course Kissimee is so busy that noise is constant, but noticed a lot of people staying there for holidays. We were there overnight and the value was excellant.

Room was clean and the beds were comfortable and bedding clean. We required an iron and board as none are fitted in the room. Hotel were prompt in dropping one off. Signin was good and staff courteous.

Reservation is recommended.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Miami, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2014

From the time we opened the door the fowl odor receives you.You see how long the rug has been there by the smell.The furniture is ready for the fire.It does not fit the place because of it bulkyness is there any ways.The building structure is so old that it is over due and past due for overhauling or reconstructuion.I came to the room late one night only to find out my room was mot made out and the garbage was there looking at me.Tht lighting inside is very poor.Do not try to read a book or anything.Your eyes will hurt you.The tv is out of date and time.The bathroom exhaust motor is like a plane propeller.So noisy.True you are only there to sleep bue even that you expect to be acceptable.

Room Tip: Pay a little more and stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Kissimmee hotels

New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2014

After reading some of the reviews here, I was a little leery, but couldn't pass up the 3 nights for $100. Front desk couple was helpful & friendly. Yes, its not the newest motel, but it was clean, quiet, and pretty much as close to WDW as you can get. The TV was not a flat screen - or very big - but, if you are staying around Orlando, and rating the motel by the TV, you need to get out more often!!! I was in the room to sleep and shower. Definitely would stay there again.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank singletraveler51
Halifax, Nova Scotia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2014

I booked a room at the Rodeway Inn for March break with my husband and 14 year-old stepson. The Rodeway is convenient to everything. It was very clean - a little dated with old school TV but we weren't in Florida to watch TV haha. I would stay there again.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family