“You get what you pay for”

Knights Inn Maingate Kissimmee/Orlando
Ranked #93 of 155 Hotels in Kissimmee
Reviewed September 30, 2013

I have mixed feelings about that place. Since we only wanted a cheap place to sleep at near Disney, we didn't expect much. I booked there because they advertized free "continental breakfast". I don't know which continent only offers mini donuts, coffee, tea and orange juice for breakfast, I've never had that before. Very disappointing.
When we arrived and wanted to check in, the guy at the front desk was listening to music and ignored us for a while but ok, we didn't expect perfect service. The free wifi they advertized didn't work either. The other guests in our building had the same problem but the person at the front desk (stil our check in music guy) didn't care so we always had to go to the "lobby" to use the wifi.
The housekeeping wasn't that good, either. Spider webs, dirty towels and I think they never really clean the floor. I could add more but those were the most obvious aspects.
The next days, the people at the front desk were a lot friendlier and more helpful. At least they tried to solve our problems and didn't ignore us.
However, since we didn't expect much (only the "continental breakfast" REALLY bothered me), I think we got what we paid for. It was a whole lot cheaper than the Disney hotels, better than sleeping in a tent (especially since we had 3 very rainy nights), the free Disney shuttle hours didn't work for us personally but they were ok, some people there were very friendly, the place seemed safe, there was always parking available right in front of our room, it was only minutes from Disney, restaurants in the area and we did at least get a cup of coffee and some orange juice in the morning.
All in all it was ok for the price but they shouldn't advertize their "breakfast". It would be less disappointing if they just said they serve coffee (and donuts) - still ok for what you pay there.

Room Tip: Try to get a room near the "lobby". There you might be able to access the free wifi
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ChrisChristin

Reviewed September 29, 2013

It was excellent for me and my family for the price. It was a last minute booking and I found it so affordable for one night stay, I was not expecting this terrific little hotel. Yes, in the outside, it doesn't look too appealing, but I stayed with my two boys and don't regret it at all!!! The room was very clean, nice paint, had everything we needed, including refrigerator and microwave. It saved me money by not eating out. So close to Disney, we got to the theme parks in minutes and also so close to souvenir shops, gas stations, restaurants, I'll not hesitate to stay there over again!! We had a great time in our trip and our stay at Knights Inn, made it super!!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Rocio P
Reviewed September 20, 2013

We have been staying here for the past 3 years when visiting Disney and other area attractions. The rooms have always been clean and comfortable. There is a mini fridge and microwave in every room as well as free Wi-Fi. If there was a problem(TV remote didn't work) the staff was always friendly and made things right. As noted by another review, you are only minutes away from Disneyworld. There is also a ticket booth in the lobby where you can purchase tickets to area attractions.There is no on sight restaurant but there are many nearby with some being within walking distance. The continental breakfast is nothing to get excited about. If you want more than a juice, donut and coffee go somewhere else. We usually stay only for one night. If you are planning to stay longer, you might consider some of the other hotels in the area which may include a restaurant, gym or game room. However, for the price and all of the in room amenities, you cannot not do better. It is definitely the best value for the money.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Elizabeth M
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Just that simple! You cannot beat the price!! If you want the fancy stuff go to a high price fancy hotel!!! We literally woke up, went to the parks (Disney is literally a 10 min drive away) came back, showered, slept and did it all over again!!!
The Front desk, for the most part was really good. Noel was there at check in and he was awful, he even claimed to be a manager (found out later he really wasnt- he may need the real manager to talk to him, not only about lying but how rude he is to folks at check in, he was also the most unprofessional dressed, all the other agents looked and acted as well as treated everyone really good). But were in FL and Disney, we didnt let him ruin our trip!!! The over night guy who we got towels from was awesome and the guy in the morning was amazingly nice and accommodating!!! Like I said everyone else was amazing but Noel (or something that sounds like that). The hotel could use some updating but if they did that they would probably go up on the price and that was the reason we booked in the first place. Its close to lots of stuff but like I said we went to Disney world and that was it!! :) the only reason I gave it 5 starts was, you get what you pay for, i knew going into this what to expect and other then the guy who wants to be the manager everything was just as i thought it was!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Holy [--]! I have traveled all over the world and stayed in all kinds of places and I have NEVER seen one quite this bad. The room was damp everywhere. The air-conditioning sounded like a freight-train. There were smashed bugs stuck to the walls, the bathtub didn't drain, the "hot" water was barely warm (after several minutes of waiting). Pool was dirty, with garbage all around the pool and in the parking lot. The "continental breakfast" was one kind of pre-packaged mini-doughnuts, juice and coffee; never have seen such a "breakfast". There were many families of people living in this hotel. Do yourself a favor and pay $5 more to stay at somewhere a LOT nicer, like the Ramada next door.

Room Tip: Go anywhere else!!
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Randy B
Reviewed August 27, 2013

The front desk staff was friendly and helpful. conviently located to the park my wife works in. Would stay there again since it fits our budget. Plus you get free doughnut and coffee in lobby every morning

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank krippo22
Reviewed August 25, 2013

This is an older hotel and could use some renovations, but for a single night's stay it was ok. The desk clerk had to call a help desk when he couldn't get in to check me in and had to wait for them to return his call. Had to wait about 30 minutes to get checked in. Towels were old and gray or dingy looking.
Breakfast consisted only of small donuts and coffee. Expected more for a breakfast.
Internet was not available for any Apple products, which was very disappointing.

Room Tip: Rooms in the front were pretty good. Had to walk to the second building to get ice, but that wasn...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo