“Atrocious” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #122 of 153 Hotels in Kissimmee
Houston, Texas
“Atrocious”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2012

We arrived at our destination at around 3am, and had to wait for our room keys for 45min to 1hr. When we finally made it to our rooms, we found that the keys did not work.. As though they weren't even activated. Nothing happened. We had to sit outside our room for a good 30-45 minutes to wait for a drunk man to open the doors with a master key. In our entire three-night stay, they never made us functioning keys.. Only another set of non-working keys, but I'm convinced they just handed the other ones back. Every night, after arriving late from Disney World with screaming little kids, exhausted, we had to sit outside and wait for them to come open the door..
Door situation aside, the bathroom was horrible. The bathtub faucet leaked non-stop, and our bathroom resembled a sauna when we first arrived. Everything was dripping wet. Which was never fixed.. And our toilet overflowed after the first use, so we had to wait hours for a man to come with a plunger.. And use the bathroom next door in the meantime.
There was only one outlet in our room, and the holes were too big, so the plugs kept falling out.. The tv may have been a flat screen, but it had no plugs for external systems like the xbox we brought to play games as a family, and it only had about ten channels.. I'm convinced none of the linens were ever washed, and the hand towels absolutely reeked of bleach.
Between the alcohol-ridden man in charge, and the presence of what appeared to be a.. uh, "courtesan" chatting up some guys on another floor, I didn't feel safe enough to leave my bags in the room during the day.. I felt the Disney World parking lot was safer..
I consider myself to be a well-traveled individual.. and overall, this is the worst hotel I have ever stayed in. Next time I will make sure the person who books the hotel sticks with "name-brand" hotels, not just the cheapest option.. The only benefit this hotel has is its relatively close proximity to the Disney parks.

Room Tip: Just don't get a room here, simple enough.
3 Thank M E

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2012

To start off our 5 night stay we checked into a room that the keys did not open the door had to have staff use a master key to let us in to be promised it would be fixed first thing in the am after being gone for 15hrs came back door still not fixed they offered to change our room we looked at the available room to find that anyone could enter the room by simply pushing hard enough on the door apparently it had been kicked in before the whole door casing was loose so we chose to keep our old room making sense no keys & no entry other than hotel staff is safer than anyone forcing entry into our room. And so for 5 days we had the luxury of being escorted and let into our room. Housekeeping only changed linens and towels & took trash out when you demanded it but of course then not only did you get fresh towels you got a bonus their attitudes!! And as for their continental breakfast don't bother room too small and limited quanity of food they seem to run out very early. Oh and on my last morning while I am laying in bed getting ready to get up and pack I was greeted by an unexpected guest crawling up my bed I guess he was letting me know my time was up it was check out time because he was moving in!! All and all I will give thumbs up to the all the desk clerks they were polite and never got upset no matter how much hell everyone was giving them and yes that's all I seen my 5 nights there a whole lot of unhappy guest it was obivious I wasn't the only 1 without keys to my room and having a bad experience I would never recommend this hotel anyone no matter how cheap you can get the room for and I am not a hard person to please but this place is ridicolous !!!!

• Stayed March 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank catercarrie
Carolina, Puerto Rico
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2012

After reviewing their ads I decided to give it a try. Boy, was I misled! Beds are terrible; elevator filthy and smelly; furniture does not match; bathroom fixtures do not work properly; bathroom floor looks like a murder scene; tv carries 10 stations, etc.
What really got me was that I filed a complaint and they didn't follow up on their promise of changing our room. Yes, you get what you pay for, but don't expect to get a good nights sleep should you happen to place two adults in one bed. Creaky, noisy, bumpy and uncomfortable.
There's always a last time for everything, and this was it!

Room Tip: Look elsewhere before choosing this one. May this be the last one on your list.
1 Thank Hector M
Miami, Florida, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2012

Worst hotel I ever been to had to wait more then 45minutes for check in worst service front desk horrible No help at all they gave attitude crazy and was charged for a night that I never request and was charged worst hotel never ever would I ever be going to this hotel again so if your thinking of booking here please don't you will regret it just like I do
Worst Hotel

Room Tip: Don't book at this hotel
Purmerend, The Netherlands
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2012

If you are not looking for any luxery and you want a room for a moderate price, this can be your hotel.
But in your room everything is basic without any luxery.
Good: spacious room, good beds, microwave, small frigidaire, coffee machine + free coffee + thee and a safe in your room. The hotel is close to the Disney theme parks entrances. Dollar and Thrifty car rental and ticket office in the lobby.
The less good: one morning there was no breakfast and we had to wait for half an hour before the bread, butter, coffee etc. has arrived.
Poor tv programs and no HBO.
Poor light in the room.
Poor and slow wifi.
We stayed in this hotel for 8 nites in March 2012 and we sleeped well.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Saint Ignace, Michigan
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2012

First thing, we tried to check in at 4:00 just to find our rooms not done yet. Afterwords they decided to put us in another building away from the pool where we were suppossed to be. Next the rooms they said were newly renovated right, mismatching furniture, a whole 10 T.V. networks joy what a great room, thank God in didn't rain. Towel racks falling off the wall in the vanity area, beds none of the linen matched, floors were just dirty from not being kept clean, and the awsome view of brick walls, oh yes don't let me forget toilets were not cleaned for 3 days, and the open wires that gave my sister a shock. This is the third year we've stayed here and the rooms were never this bad, the only thing they've updated is hardwood floors and a coat of paint on the outside. It should be condemmed or torn down. On top of that the area for washing 2 broke washers and a broke dryer, the building is right next to the pool which also should be shut down. I don't know how this eyesore remains open they must pay OSHA some nice fines. The rates are way too much, you would be safer under an overpass on I-4.

1 Thank Joseph S
Zanesville, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2012

My husband and I stayed here on Feb 25th with my two teenage sons. We were in the area to go to Disney for the day before our cruise. I booked this hotel on Hotwire for $27. Let me tell you, our room looked just like the pics on the hotel website.

We had two dbl beds, microwave, fridge, flat screen TV, and nice white down comforters. The room had hardwood floors and our socks did not become black or dirty. The room had soap, shampoo, and lotion. We also had a coffee maker, iron, and ironing board.

The beds were comfortable and we slept well. The bathroom was clean, but not spotless. I used the laundry room and it was clean. The pool appeared to be nice, but it was too cool to enjoy.

The breakfast was nice and there were plenty of seats available.

The only cons would be the carpet in the elevator was beyond dirty and gross. The stairs were also kind of dirty. I'm not sleeping in the elevator or on the stairs, so no big deal to me.

I was very pleased with this hotel for the price I paid and would recommend to others looking for a cheap place to stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the building near the pool.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kissimmee
Rodeway Inn Maingate
Roomba Inn & Suites Orlando
#107 of 153 in Kissimmee
Comfort Suites Maingate East
Melia Orlando Suite Hotel at Celebration

Been to Claremont Kissimmee Hotel? Share your experiences!