We arrived at our destination at around 3am, and had to wait for our room keys for 45min to 1hr. When we finally made it to our rooms, we found that the keys did not work.. As though they weren't even activated. Nothing happened. We had to sit outside our room for a good 30-45 minutes to wait for a drunk man to open the doors with a master key. In our entire three-night stay, they never made us functioning keys.. Only another set of non-working keys, but I'm convinced they just handed the other ones back. Every night, after arriving late from Disney World with screaming little kids, exhausted, we had to sit outside and wait for them to come open the door..
Door situation aside, the bathroom was horrible. The bathtub faucet leaked non-stop, and our bathroom resembled a sauna when we first arrived. Everything was dripping wet. Which was never fixed.. And our toilet overflowed after the first use, so we had to wait hours for a man to come with a plunger.. And use the bathroom next door in the meantime.
There was only one outlet in our room, and the holes were too big, so the plugs kept falling out.. The tv may have been a flat screen, but it had no plugs for external systems like the xbox we brought to play games as a family, and it only had about ten channels.. I'm convinced none of the linens were ever washed, and the hand towels absolutely reeked of bleach.
Between the alcohol-ridden man in charge, and the presence of what appeared to be a.. uh, "courtesan" chatting up some guys on another floor, I didn't feel safe enough to leave my bags in the room during the day.. I felt the Disney World parking lot was safer..
I consider myself to be a well-traveled individual.. and overall, this is the worst hotel I have ever stayed in. Next time I will make sure the person who books the hotel sticks with "name-brand" hotels, not just the cheapest option.. The only benefit this hotel has is its relatively close proximity to the Disney parks.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Currently Undergoing Renovations - Once reopened, GreenPoint Hotel Celebration will be the perfect destination for Orlando travelers. Offering many inclusions, such as free breakfast, free wifi, and free parking, we offer a modern hotel, fantastic service, and NO RESORT FEES. We welcome families, individuals, groups, and more! We look forward to opening our doors for your partners. Contact us for future booking information. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Howard Johnson Kissimmee
- Howard Johnson Maingate East
- Howard Johnson Hotel Kissimmee Florida
- Howard Johnson Inn Maingate East Kissimmee
- Kissimmee Howard Johnson
- Howard Johnson Inn Kissimmee Maingate East