“Good Value for Money” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #122 of 153 Hotels in Kissimmee
Miami Beach, Florida
“Good Value for Money”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2012

I didn't read the reviews for this hotel until after I booked and paid for it up front, and I wondered what I got myself into. The reviews were so negative, but I just don't get it. I thought it was a great place for the money. The most important thing to me at any hotel at any price is that it's clean, and my room here was definitely clean and well kept. The location is also great for visits to Disney. Yes, the place has its quirks—I had to figure out the technique for turning off the bathroom faucet, there was an overly aggressive timeshare salesman stationed in the lobby—but for the price, those minor inconveniences were worth it. Some of the reviews mentioned bugs, and I did see two or three tiny ants. I live in Miami and have this kind of ants in my home once in awhile, so I know that they have nothing to do with a place not being clean. They just happen to exist in Florida, no biggie. I'd rather have two or three bugs the size of a speck of dust than major chemical fumigation. The one complaint that I do have is that I was charged a resort fee, which was never mentioned during booking or check in. Only $4/night, but still disappointing that it was never mentioned and just popped up on my credit card statement.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank SojournTruth

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2012

Say the least, we stayed for about 5 hours. I asked for a refund manager by name sandra or cindy didn't want to refund! This place needs to b shut down!! I disputed and will contact the health department on them asap! This place is nasty and the also have false advertising (newly renovated room) yeah right!! This place is the worst ever!

• Stayed February 2012
5 Thank mildredmdn

Travelers are raving about these Kissimmee hotels

Brussels, Belgium
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2012

Had originally booked at this hotel for 3 nights but we had to cancel. There was a small cancellation fee but instead we ended up getting charged for the full stay. I have been trying to get my money back for over a month now! Don't give them your credit card information!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Maciej M
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2012

This hotel is situated about 1 mile from the exit to the DisneyTheme Parks. Coffee shops and restaurants nearby.
Average hotel in this price range. Large double room. Refrigerator and microwave made our stay more comfortable. Bathroom was just okay, could use some work. Towels were thin and very rough, not nice to use. Pillows were too soft. I had to keep fluffing and folding mine to try to get a comfortable sleep.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Gulfport, Mississippi
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2012

Stay away..This place ruined my vacation! Got to my room @ 10.00 pm and checked in and went to my room...upon going in my room first thing I noticed was ants on the sink. I was so tired that I looked over it and killed them and got in my bed. About 30 mins later I got woke up to maintenance removing furniture from the room above me and remodeling the room..at 11 pm..called front desk and she said she would take care of it,it still did not stop. It was not as loud but it still continued. When we woke up I went to the front desk and spoke to the manager and she has the worst attitude. Argued with me about what they where doing in the room. I walked outside and watched them for several minutes before I called front desk. Told her if they was going to be remodeling the room above me that they need to move me. Went about my day and all day thought about having to stay there for a week and decided I was checking out and finding a another room..All of that together was not working for me and I have not got to the best part. Roaches,Ants,Under the beds have 3 inches of dirt and there was items under the bed. Rude manager..When I was checking out the clerk asked for my credit card so he could return the charge(which they should have never charged wanted to pay cash) and without telling me he had made a mistake and charged me again,asked for my card one more time and then said. Ok I charge you two times but I returned it.Sorry. Ok I am not rich and this was my debit card..Thats 321.80 x2= 643.00 of my money tied up because it takes 2-5 days for a credit to be applied to your account. The money did not clear until the day I was leaving to come home. The worst experience ever! I was so close to leaving and coming home at that moment. However went right down the road to Baymont Inn and got the best room. Really need a whole new staff at that hotel.....

Room Tip: Never stay here
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
5 Thank Lorrie L
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2012

Stay away the bad reviews are not even close to the nightmare of this place.
Roaches, bugs, no staff, the manager is the most rude and low person I have ever met. She has no idea on what managing a hotel means, speaks broken english and cant seem to understand either, nothing agains Hispanics but if you prentend to work in a hotel at least speak the language. No words for her rudeness.
Rooms dont look like the pictures. Very run down hotel, dirty and at nights like a ghost town.
If you dont want your vacations ruined lOok for another place.
There are plenty of hotels in the same area with transportation to the parks and real breakfast for the same price.
Dont even bother.

• Stayed January 2012
2 Thank Katherinemoon
Anthem, Arizona
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 8, 2012

We had none of the problems other posters talk about. Our room was clean and no bugs were seen. (I'd be the first to high tail it out of there if there had been!! I HATE bugs.) The room was nice looking upon entering. The bathroom was in the midst of being redone, so the toilet wobbled when you sat on it and the tile was 2 different kinds. But when the toilet wouldn't work, maintenance came down immediately and fixed it.

The room was quiet, the bed was comfortable, no bugs, and we enjoyed our stay. The hotel is conveniently located between a Waffle House and an Ihop, so we didn't have breakfast.

The daytime staff was surly, but the night guy was nice enough and (again) got maintenance to our room ASAP.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple