We initially made the reservations at the Howard Johnson Maingate East , which a few weeks before we got there had changed and was now the Claremont Kissimmee Hotel. We did not know this, but thankfully there was no problem at all checking in as they honored all reservations made for Hojo. They were busy making changes renovating etc. but we had no problem with noise etc. We had a newly renovated room , although still just a bit outdated it was just fine for the purpose of our stay. We did not pass much time in the hotel as we were out all day going to parks, and at night it was a very comfy night of sleep. Initially we had some issues that some lights were not working, no ice bucket and no cups for water or coffee, also our floors were not really clean. but as soon as I asked they made sure that the next day by the time we came back everything was fixed and clean. Beds are very clean bathroom as well, they replace all linens and towels everyday. My mother also got a newly renovated room that was changed later on as the shower pressure was not right, phone nor tv remote worked and toilet kept running , they fixed some but changed the room anyway to a great room with no problems at all. Our king size room had no closet or drawer space however mom's double did have plenty. Overall service is great and I expect this hotel to become even better once fully renovated. I would stay there again.
I would definitely recommend this area if you want to be near everything in Orlando, plenty to do , even in walking distance. Like Shopping miniature Golf , enough food. and near by you have Walmart, outlets gift shops . Most important it it close to I-Drive and very close to Disney, literally less than 10 minutes away from all the fun stuff. If you don't have a car there are buses running right in front of the hotel and shuttles to take you to parks.
\Disney, Universal and Islands of adventure, are AWESOME this time of year! We finished all four parks of Disney in 3 days and 2 days (with time to spare) for Universal and Islands of adventure. The lines are short. The longest we had to wait in line was at the new Harry Potter attraction in the castle which we waited about half an hour for. AAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLL other lines in both parks AND in Disney also ALLLL lines were SUPER short , like a max of a 10 Minute wait..... even to meet characters!!!!! So if you are planning a trip for these parks I would 100% recommend to go in the last week of September to first week of October! Awesome!!!
Make sure you buy a poncho for those wet rides , when you don't want to get wet, also great for when it starts to rain, you can go to shows and wait it out while others hide! believe me it is hot! so shorts and tanks would be best and lots of sunscreen. Make sure you wear sneakers, with so much walking you need good walking gear!
I would recommend the Florida mall, West Oak mall ( its less hectic) and Orlando Fashion square. For your shopping for lat minute stuff you forgot in the parks , Universal's City Walk and Downtown Disney will sell mostly the same merchandise.
Disney parks are awesome , something every kid would love! I would say go with older kids cuz the sun wears most kids out by 1 pm if you go in the morning. I saw plenty kids KO in their strollers by then. However kids of the age of 8 and up usually get the bigger bang for your buck :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Currently Undergoing Renovations - Once reopened, GreenPoint Hotel Celebration will be the perfect destination for Orlando travelers. Offering many inclusions, such as free breakfast, free wifi, and free parking, we offer a modern hotel, fantastic service, and NO RESORT FEES. We welcome families, individuals, groups, and more! We look forward to opening our doors for your partners. Contact us for future booking information. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Claremont Kissimmee Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Howard Johnson Kissimmee
- Howard Johnson Maingate East
- Howard Johnson Inn Maingate East Kissimmee
- Howard Johnson Hotel Kissimmee Florida
- Kissimmee Howard Johnson
- Howard Johnson Inn Kissimmee Maingate East