The Good.. If you are staying here only for the pool / hot tub area and location to Disney World then you should be fine, otherwise, stay somewhere else. Pool was kept up - clean. Nice small bar for drinks, hot tub nice and clean. Loungers and tables available. Easy to get to Disney World from here. Easy to find shopping around the area. The Bad.. But once inside the condos, a different story. A little run down, furniture needs to be cleaned (grease stains and whatever else on the couch), linens should be checked for stains/holes. I slept on the pullout couch, the sheets and blankets - once I got them from housekeeping - had several holes in them - they were threadbare. We had to pester housekeeping for more bath towels, pillows (I almost went to Walmart to buy a pillow) and linens for the pull out. The kitchen was not well stocked. Just enough dishes for one meal for four people. I mean just 4 plates, 4 drinking glasses, 4 coffee cups, 4 bowls., 4 forks, 4 spoons, etc.. that's IT!. I guess Oak Plantation wants you to go to Walmart and buy paper plates and throw away forks, etc.. so much for being green. Minimal cooking tools and a couple of pots - no pans! - we had to buy one. There were pot holders but no kitchen wash cloths - so we had to buy those. No coffee maker. We had to ask for one and when we finally got it, it looked like it came from the salvation army, dirty and old and barely made coffee. The last straw is when I saw a roach climbing over my luggage located in the main room of the condo. I'm not sure what the problem is at Oak Plantation. Do they have high theft from the visitors that they don't stock the condos with anything halfway nice? Or is it that the management doesn't have the money to put back into the "soft" items and only takes care of the major ones (like the pool area)?
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in a secluded hammock of majestic oak trees, Oak Plantation is quiet and comfortable, yet close to everything-a distinct advantage among resorts in the Orlando/Kissimmee area. Walt Disney World® Resort, Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure® Orlando and SeaWorld® are just minutes away. There's so much to see and do in beautiful Central Florida, no matter how many vacations you've spent here you can keep coming back - and never be disappointed. At our Orlando Kissimmee resort, you're right in the middle of all the excitement.Oak Plantation Resort offers children's activities, a playground, a video-game room, a fitness center, and picnic areas furnished with barbecue grills and tables.A Wednesday night "dive-in" movie by the pool with complimentary popcorn is available to all guests. The hotel also provides daily pool activities.The resort provides complimentary scheduled transportation to and from the Walt Disney World® Resort, Universal Studios®, and SeaWorld® theme parks. Power up with a full breakfast buffet everyday from 7:30 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. for only $7.95 (Adults) and $5.50 (Children ages 4-9). Free Wireless Internet access is available throughout the resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Ctrip TA, Priceline, getaroom.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick and HotelQuickly so you can book your Oak Plantation Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Oak Plantation Hotel Kissimmee
- Oak Plantation Kissimmee Florida
- Oak Plantation Villas Resort