“Pleasent stay”

Oak Plantation Resort
Ranked #92 of 152 Hotels in Kissimmee
“Pleasent stay”
Reviewed May 23, 2014

Ok first off! For those who are complaining about this not the perfect or that not perfect. Please realize this isn't a five star resort if you want those go stay at grand Floridian. The resort is out dated yes and it not the classier style but all honestly I had the best vacation stay here. The staff was actually super sweet to us and even greated us at my car one night while come in to say hi. The villa we had was a one bedroom and everything worked well in it. And the grounds are well kept in my own opinion. If you saw garbage then most likely it was the people that was there before you. I sat and watched a family throw wrappers and leave garbage on the pathways to pools and at the pools. There are bin in front of each building for linen and for garbage but people seem not to want to use them. Everyday I saw people outside trying to make this place little more presentable. service is a little slow but who cares unless your in a big rush then you can walk to the area and get what you need. I enjoyed the breakfest buffet was really good and staff super sweet. Only downfall when you arrive the suites are not completely fully stocked with cooking utensils and stuff but hey call them and they might actually have a lot of it. If you are complaining they won't switch your towels it called wash them sure a hotel should switch but what a half an hour out of your day to throw them in the wash. Please if this is not the place for you then don't stay here. But if your laid back and want something decent then hey it awesome. This place treated me well. Wht was even more awesome was the planet fitness that was super close so I got my work outs in.

• Stayed May 2014
3 Thank Cjgurl
OPRGuestExperiences, Manager at Oak Plantation Resort, responded to this review, June 24, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.

We are so pleased you enjoyed your stay.

We pride ourselves in providing great customer service and appreciate when our valued guests take the time to write about it.

I have passed you suggestions along to the appropriate department heads. I can assure you that we have already started taking inventory and restocking our units.

We know you have many options when choosing a resort to stay, thank you for choosing us.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (167)
Bonita Springs, Florida
Reviewed May 20, 2014

Villas what a terrible joke-- on check in at 11 p.m. we went to our 'villa' which turned into a 1 bedroom efficiency the entry way roof had a hole over head in it the size of a football, trash littered the entry way to our "villa". Upon opening the door roaches ran away under the furniture, the unit was musty smelling of mildew, the furniture was from the 70's and older. Bed blankets dirty, sheets thin and rough like paper.

Room Tip: there are no "villas" ! Run down, worn out buildings, grounds & apts, town house unit...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank John P
OPRGuestExperiences, Director of Sales at Oak Plantation Resort, responded to this review, May 27, 2014
We do apologize that you did not enjoy your stay with us.

All of your concerns have been brought to upper management to ensure that this does not happen again.

We have begun remodeling all buildings. We are starting with roofs, stairwells and painting all of the buildings.

I am confident that once this project is complete we no longer will have these issues. We hope you will reconsider staying with us again should you be traveling our way again.

Travelers are raving about these Kissimmee hotels

Niagara Falls, Canada
Reviewed May 13, 2014

We went there to stay for a week and they talked us into buy a time share.the sections they took us it was nice and they said that the whole resort was going to be under renovation.Guss what?the next year we went down again and instead of better it was worse......there was not grass anywhere and the rooms they were DIRTY....we asked them to do something and they said that it will take time cause the company went under and the new owner where trying,THATS AN UNDERESTIMATE.......Anyways now we use it to exchange it with something beautiful in another location.Please stay away from that resort....

Room Tip: None of them stay away...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Julia S
Belleair, Florida
Reviewed May 10, 2014

Please beware as there is nothing resort about this place...Room was smelly moldy rusty and that was one foot in the door. Holes in carpet...Linens and towels rejects....Maids so underwhelming. There was one nice thing they did have beautiful peacocks roaming free all over property....The spa was lets say NOT working.....The bartender was nice But the bar area was horrible....Broken down carts...workrooms by pool area eyesores......So disappointing.............

Room Tip: Go somewhere else.. Rooms do not look like pictures they advertise.....
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Lisa W
OPRGuestExperiences, Manager at Oak Plantation Resort, responded to this review, May 30, 2014
Here at Oak Plantation we take all feedback seriously and sincerely regret that we did not meet your expectations.

Your comments have been shared with our upper management team.

Thank you for taking the time and making us aware of these issues.
West Palm Beach, Florida
Reviewed May 6, 2014

First of all the overall property needs maintenance. The door to our room was disgusting and rusted and looked like it was ancient. The carpeting was dirty and the room smelled like it hadn't been properly cleaned. The shower head in one of the bathrooms fell of within minutes of us arriving. The shower lining curtain was torn and pretty much falling off. We found a spider in one of the beds. The counters of the kitchen and kitchen table were not cleaned. Let me get to the best part which is the fitness center. This "resort" cannot even say it offers a fitness center because all it truly has is 3 worn down about to break treadmills, one of which was out of service. There was a stationary bike that didn't work and looked liked it was a million years old, there was 2 dumbbells on the floor just scattered and thrown and they weren't even a pair, broken weighted plates were stashed behind an arm machine that didn't work. I would never ever stay at this place again and wouldn't recommend it to anyone else. They are completely overpriced for the crap they offer.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank rosannas413
OPRGuestExperiences, Manager at Oak Plantation Resort, responded to this review, May 7, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your valuable review.

Here at Oak Plantation we take every review seriously. The Experience you described are not characteristic of the level of service our staff strive to provide. Please accept our apologies. Your feedback was shared with our team for review.

Thank you for visiting Oak Plantation Resort
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed May 4, 2014

I would like to start off by saying I have reviewed other hotels in the past and always try to find the good and I understand that you can have some bumps in a hotel and still have a great experience. With that, this was a horrible hotel. There was mold on the door and on the shower heads. There was no actual grass, only weeds. I had called about 2 weeks before the trip and asked them if I had one of the renovated rooms with flat screens. They had told me yes. When I got there, they were old outdated rooms with tube tv's that didn't work. I called the staff and let them know that I wasn't in the room they said I would be in, and that my tv doesn't work. We drove there from Chicago so I just wanted to relax for a few hours. They told me that that was my room and that some one would be by to fix the tv's. Three hours later I called again to see what was the status because I saw three maintenance guys sitting on a truck laughing for hours. They told me someone would get to it when they could. About an hour later one of those guys came over and fixed the tv finally. The washer/dryer combo was broken and actually fell apart in my hands. When I called the staff the let them know, they had an 'oh well' attitude about it and then told me that they knew before hand that it was broken but gave me the room anyway. The ice machine didn't work either, they had to come and fix that also. We can hear the upstairs neighbors walking all the time since the walls and ceilings were paper thin. the bathroom cabinet doors didn't close. The pools had insect infestations, and at one point a few kids actually grabbed the staffs pool cleaners to clean it up since the staff didn't do anything about it. On the last day, the bathroom light died out. I called the front desk again and the maintenance guy came and said he couldn't fix it and gave us an old lamp to put in its place. For the price you pay for this hotel, I would suggest doing the Westgate, a Disney economy hotel, or even the Holiday inn Maingate, I've stayed at those places and they are all great. This hotel is terrible, staff, hotel, all of it.

Room Tip: Do not stay here. Also the location is bad and far from all resorts.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank Jesse D
Dear Jesse D,

Thank you for taking the time to share your valuable review.

Here at Oak Plantation we take all feedback seriously, and sincerely regret that we did not meet your expectations. Our staff members take their roles very seriously and try, every day, to provide that quality customer service, that our guests expect. Please accept our apologies. Your review has been submitted to upper management for review.

Respectfully,

Management
Fort Myers, Florida
Reviewed May 4, 2014

Only stayed one night here, and that was too much.

I was asked for my credit card at check-in, which I assumed was to verify my reservation and to hold for possible incidental items; when I was handed a credit card receipt I was told "The $50 will be refunded to you after your departure." I had not been informed of a required deposit.

The unit I was given was musty, no frills, and very dated. The appliances - washer/dryer, etc. would be great for a family vacation, but the unit needs so much work. The room seemed clean at first, but it is not. The walls, doors and appliances are grimy, covered in handprints and residue that appears to be from food.

The bedding was the worst. When I pulled down the very worn bedspread, I found an empty chocolate bar wrapper in the blankets. The sheets were wrinkled and had hair in them - they had not been changed. The pillows were extremely limp and old, hardly much thicker than the thin bedspread, wrinkled and not laundered.

Check-out is 10 a.m. and according to the waiver I was required to sign at the front desk, in strictly enforced; there are fines associated with staying even 15 minutes past 10 a.m. I've never encountered a mandatory checkout earlier than noon before.

All in all, I wouldn't stay here again, and quite honestly wanted a refund as I wasn't able to relax in the room as it was so dirty. It's a shame, because this establishment has good bones, and could be a very nice place to stay.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank TravelShae
Thank you for taking the time to write your review of our property, your comments are very much valued.

I apologize for the series of unfortunate incidences that you experienced during your stay with us. We continually try to do our very best for all of our guests, but unfortunately, sometimes we do fail.
Your review has been submitted to upper management for review, in an attempt to correct and improve our hotel policies.

Management