We booked our trip here through a travel agent for spring break. Our entire stay was paid in advance. After driving 15 hours to get here I was first ignored by the extremely rude front desk ladythen after I asked her if there was someone to check me in she looked at my papers from our agent and informed me we did not have a reservation! She continued on to look through her computer and rumble off several random people's names looking for a reservation (none of which were mine) then told me to just wait for the manager. She never called him, she told me have a seat while she checked someone else in. After waiting 30 minutes, I went out to tell my husband what was going on and returned. At this point there was a man at the desk. I asked if he was the manager and he was.(thanks so much for the help rude lady) he looked in the computer to finally find they had booked us for last month not the dates we paid for! Thankfully since I had my papers they had to accommodate us.
We were here 5 days. We had housekeeping once!! I had to ask for supplies to clean my own unit when noone came to clean.. our garbage disposal did not work. When we used the dishwasher the sink overflowed nasty puke looking water from the garbage disposal. None of the phones in our rooms worked. No cable! The light in one of the rooms didn't work. We definitely didnt need an alarm clock with the sound of peacocks screeching constantly! The hot tub smelled like pee and feet. Like so bad we had to complain. The pool was dirty. After complaining the pool got cleaned once while we were there. I could not believe this is seriously considered a resort!! Especially for what we paid. I would not ever recommend this olace to anyone.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in a secluded hammock of majestic oak trees, Oak Plantation is quiet and comfortable, yet close to everything-a distinct advantage among resorts in the Orlando/Kissimmee area. Walt Disney World® Resort, Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure® Orlando and SeaWorld® are just minutes away. There's so much to see and do in beautiful Central Florida, no matter how many vacations you've spent here you can keep coming back - and never be disappointed. At our Orlando Kissimmee resort, you're right in the middle of all the excitement.Oak Plantation Resort offers children's activities, a playground, a video-game room, a fitness center, and picnic areas furnished with barbecue grills and tables.A Wednesday night "dive-in" movie by the pool with complimentary popcorn is available to all guests. The hotel also provides daily pool activities.The resort provides complimentary scheduled transportation to and from the Walt Disney World® Resort, Universal Studios®, and SeaWorld® theme parks. Power up with a full breakfast buffet everyday from 7:30 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. for only $7.95 (Adults) and $5.50 (Children ages 4-9). Free Wireless Internet access is available throughout the resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, TravelUp, getaroom.com, Groupon, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your Magnuson Grand at Oak Plantation Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Oak Plantation Hotel Kissimmee
- Oak Plantation Kissimmee Florida
- Oak Plantation Villas Resort