“Well worth the money” 4 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Ranked #97 of 153 Hotels in Kissimmee
“Well worth the money”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2013

I was really excited to Get this room so cheap was rally shocked on how decent everything was for the price the peacocks are so pretty here i did have an issue with my room do to being close to the lake we had nats but later that night we recovered a baby roach in the bed i freaked put n called the front desk n they moved us immediately n the resy of out stay was great ;-)

• Stayed April 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
OPRGuestExperiences, Staff at Oak Plantation Resort, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
Dear Otra713,

We thank you for your comments and for choosing Oak Plantation Resort for your vacation.

The problem with the insects has been addressed and it should not happened again.

Have a wonderful day and do not hesitate to contact us if you need anything,

Best Regards,
Oak Plantation Resort

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (158)
Wahpeton, North Dakota
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2013

I wrote a review for this place a few years ago with our horrible experience. I made the mistake of doing another stay using my parents' time share week for our wedding/honeymoon week.

My parents booked two 2-bedroom condos, one for them and one for my fiancée, my 2 daughters and myself.

Upon check-in, I specifically asked for updated rooms, as I realized they were refurbishing the rooms. The late night front desk guy told me the 2 condos we had were the only 2 side-by-side condos they had left and it was updated.

We went to our rooms and of course, they were not updated. I thought, ok, we will live with it, as we don't need a fancy place to have a good vacation.

My dad and I left for Wal-Mart (it was about Midnight when we finally got into our rooms) and while we were gone, we received frantic calls from both my fiancée and my mother about the bugs that were discovered. They had each found huge roach-type bugs running around both condos. They were the size of your fist. They really freaked me out, how large they were and how many were running around! I realize Florida has bugs, but c'mon! They were everywhere!

My mom went down to the front desk and complained and they said there was nothing they could do. My dad and I returned and were able to persuade them to move us because we were so angry. Miraculously, 2 more condos side-by-side were available. Hmmm. . . I thought they were occupied?

The new rooms, that we had to haul sleeping kids to, were bug-free and in a better state, however they still looked old, with old appliances.

Staff was rude. The bartender at the pool was very rude to us. Towel requests were ignored. We had to re-key my dad's condo keys at least 4 separate times.

The grounds and pool area were lovely though. They always are. We liked the wildlife and the cats that would wander around.

Towards the end of our stay, a murder took place in one of the condos so part of the neighboring building was taped off with yellow tape and cops were hanging around for a few days. Not Oak Plantations fault, I realize. But it was the final nail in the coffin for us.

We will never stay here again.

Room Tip: Find somewhere else
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank jobeis
OPRGuestExperiences, Manager at Oak Plantation Resort, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
Dear Jobeis,

Our guest’s opinion are valuable to us, and we thank you for taking the time to write a review.

We want to apologize for all of the challenges encountered during your stay, those have been addressed with the appropriate department heads.

Please know that the unforeseen incident regarding the passing of one of our guests was and continues to be an isolated incident, no one was in danger. Our Resort takes these types of circumstances very seriously and the safety of everyone is our top priority. We are sorry that it happened at our resort during any of our guest’s stay.

Kindest Regards,
Oak Plantation Resort

Travelers are raving about these Kissimmee hotels

Parkland, Florida, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2013

This was our second time staying at this resort and we had a great time again. We had 3 rooms and all of them were clean and confortable. It felt like we were in a condo instead of a hotel room. The rooms are very large and the walk in closets could of been another room it was so large. My kids wanted a snack, so we walked over to the marketplace and I couldn't believe how cheap the sodas and snacks were (remember we are relaxing and enjoying a resort) It cost me less then $7.00 for drinks and snacks for 4
kids. The pool was great, the music and the tiki bar...just so relaxing .. the arts and crafts for the kids kept them busy while I enjoyed my vacation. They even have a hot breakfast in a room called the pantry ... so good !!! My older kids enjoyed the tennis and all the kids loved watching the peacocks. When we tried taking pictures of them, they would turn around...so funny. If you are looking for a great affordable place to stay ..this is it...clean, pretty, friendly staff, tons of things to do on the property ... I am really looking forward to going back next year for our yearly vacation.

Room Tip: The pool and lake view was the best.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Kennesaw, Georgia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2013

I stayed here very recently with a party of 5 in the two bedroom villa that had been partially renovated. There were a lot of good and some bad that went with this property.

Good: The property is really close to everything. It took us 20 minutes to get to Disney, Universal, and Downtown Disney. It's right next door to a Walmart market if you need anything and really close to a Target and full sized Walmart. The kitchen is great. Its fully stocked with heavy duty dinnerware and has a few pots and pans. We brought our own just in case but they seemed decent. There are two large bedrooms with a king bed and two doubles in the other. We also had a washer machine which came in handy after walking around in the sun and the grime at the parks. The pool, the hot tub, and the bar were all very nice. We did not experience the Internet Cafe or the General Store so I can not comment on that. The property was relaxing and mostly quiet. The peacocks on the property are beautiful and friendly (and eat right out of your hand!)

Bad: Immediately when walking in it had a very very strong "Florida" smell. Their renovations are a little lackluster. I was told that beds and appliances were replaced but my friends who slept on the sofa bed said it was a very thin mattress and hurt to sleep on. Renovation should have included the carpet too to help the smell. We got used to it but had to go buy jugs and jugs of water to drink/cook with because the taste was foul (but that's some places in Florida so I don't fault them). The shower plumbing must be ancient because it would go from hot to cold very fast and switch back just the same. The same peacocks that are mentioned before, although beautiful and friendly, are very loud at night. Hope for a room that they don't sleep near. Ours kept cawing until midnight some nights and would wake back up at 6am. The housekeeping left something to be desired. I don't think the housekeeping actually changed our sheets they merely made our bed. We had to call for more towels (who puts 4 towels in a room that sleeps 8 that has a pool??) and one afternoon they didn't even bring them. The next day we had to call AGAIN and got towels over an hour later. The people at the front desk really didn't have a care in the world that they were there and gave us the same attention and enthusiasm.

Overall, I would stay here again. Next time I would be prepared with water jugs, bring my own towels, blankets and pillows, and maybe earplugs. I do recommend it. Just be prepared to understand that the hotel is "get what you pay for" and is in dire need of updating. It's a good hotel, it just needs to come into this decade.

Note to hotel: Strongly consider adding WiFi for your rooms!

Room Tip: Ask for a renovated room. They have better beds. Areas near the pool are noisy because the peacocks...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
4 Thank Olivia D
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here in march and this was our 7th time here. Last time we stayed we were in a smaller room but this time we were in one of the bigger rooms with better washer/dryer facilities. Yes the rooms are dated but they were clean and have everything that you need. The hot tub and pool are great to relax in after a hard day at Disney! Be aware though that one night there was far too much chlorine in the pool and it tarnished my silver jewellery and ruined a swimsuit! Overall we are happy with the proximity to Walmart and restaurants such as Red Lobster and the Wing House. Rooms are good enough as well but would definately ask for a refurbed one.

• Stayed March 2013
Reading, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2013

We booked this with Virgin in our package holiday - it was one of the cheapest places you could choose for Orlando if not the cheapest - it's the only way we could ever afford a holiday this scale. The place is old but there's always people working on something - gardening, cleaning the pool etc. The staff were all very nice and happy to help us, the free shuttle to the parks was brilliant and we got on really well with the driver we had - James, he made our holiday even better and we won't forget him for being a great guy and making us laugh on the journeys. The apartment itself yes was old, and things were breaking, but to be honest, we knew it was dirt cheap, and we were really only there to rest and sleep in between long days out. We had a good bed to sleep in, great air-con and a good shower and bath, that's really all that mattered! As we booked with Virgin we had free breakfast everyday too, again the staff there were always friendly and the food was good with a good choice too. If you want to do the big Orlando trip on a budget with all the parks then this is a fine place to use as a base, there were lots of families there too and everyone seemed to be having a great time, never heard any complaints.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Mexico City, Mexico
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2013

The hotel has not been maintained ever, the carpet in the room had not been cleaned in years. Everything was broken and dirty. We moved a chair to be able to open de sofa and found food and pencils below, we see that not even moved anything to suck. When we opened the couch it had between the mattress old cookies. Extra sheets and blankets for the sofa were all broken and full of hair. The trash cans were all sticky and dirty on the outside, I had to wash them to use them. In the closet of the bedroom found underwear from previous guest, I call to report it every two days and went to the front desk 3 other times and never could talk to the manager or the person in charge of house keeping. My reservation was for 2 weeks so I had to stay the whole time and they never went to inspect or to pick up the clothes from previous guests despite my complaint.

I really never in my life had been a hotel that gross, we suffered when we had to return daily

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family