We stayed here 2 years ago, and while not blown away, it was just ok. We decided to try again. The price was right, and since we were only going to be there a few hours a day, as we had packed intinaries, we gave them a second chance. This place have improved leaps and bounds. We were allowed to check in at 12 pm, rather than wait till 4, which was nice. We received a "welcome" pack when checking in. Room ( we had a 1 bedroom) were clean,
and comfortable. We noticed the element of the oven was not working, and called the front desk, within one hour it was fixed.
The pools were clean, with lots of chairs and lounges for everyone. If you like wild life, then this is a place you would enjoy. The herd(?) of peacocks provide endless entertainment, we saw turtles, ducks with newly hatched duckling, all sorts of birds, and raccoons. The only negative I can think of, it the washer/dryer unit. It is a new European appliance, and while does a good job with the wash, does not really dry clothes very well. There are washers and dryers on site that guests can use for free. We did not use the tennis court, basketball, or other sports facilities, but they are there if you need them.
Is this a 5 star resort?? No!!. but for the average family, just looking for a place to put their head after a busy day at theme parks, and perhaps a swim or a soak in the hot tub, it is great. Location is good, Wal-mart accross the street, a small mall next door. It is about a 25 minute drive to Disney and Universal, but the peace and quiet makes up for any distance traveled.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in a secluded hammock of majestic oak trees, Oak Plantation is quiet and comfortable, yet close to everything-a distinct advantage among resorts in the Orlando/Kissimmee area. Walt Disney World® Resort, Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure® Orlando and SeaWorld® are just minutes away. There's so much to see and do in beautiful Central Florida, no matter how many vacations you've spent here you can keep coming back - and never be disappointed. At our Orlando Kissimmee resort, you're right in the middle of all the excitement.Oak Plantation Resort offers children's activities, a playground, a video-game room, a fitness center, and picnic areas furnished with barbecue grills and tables.A Wednesday night "dive-in" movie by the pool with complimentary popcorn is available to all guests. The hotel also provides daily pool activities.The resort provides complimentary scheduled transportation to and from the Walt Disney World® Resort, Universal Studios®, and SeaWorld® theme parks. Power up with a full breakfast buffet everyday from 7:30 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. for only $7.95 (Adults) and $5.50 (Children ages 4-9). Free Wireless Internet access is available throughout the resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Groupon, Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Oak Plantation Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Oak Plantation Hotel Kissimmee
- Oak Plantation Kissimmee Florida
- Oak Plantation Villas Resort