“much improved” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Oak Plantation Resort

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Ranked #97 of 153 Hotels in Kissimmee
Mississauga, Canada
“much improved”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2013

We stayed here 2 years ago, and while not blown away, it was just ok. We decided to try again. The price was right, and since we were only going to be there a few hours a day, as we had packed intinaries, we gave them a second chance. This place have improved leaps and bounds. We were allowed to check in at 12 pm, rather than wait till 4, which was nice. We received a "welcome" pack when checking in. Room ( we had a 1 bedroom) were clean,
and comfortable. We noticed the element of the oven was not working, and called the front desk, within one hour it was fixed.
The pools were clean, with lots of chairs and lounges for everyone. If you like wild life, then this is a place you would enjoy. The herd(?) of peacocks provide endless entertainment, we saw turtles, ducks with newly hatched duckling, all sorts of birds, and raccoons. The only negative I can think of, it the washer/dryer unit. It is a new European appliance, and while does a good job with the wash, does not really dry clothes very well. There are washers and dryers on site that guests can use for free. We did not use the tennis court, basketball, or other sports facilities, but they are there if you need them.
Is this a 5 star resort?? No!!. but for the average family, just looking for a place to put their head after a busy day at theme parks, and perhaps a swim or a soak in the hot tub, it is great. Location is good, Wal-mart accross the street, a small mall next door. It is about a 25 minute drive to Disney and Universal, but the peace and quiet makes up for any distance traveled.

Room Tip: the pool is open till 1 am, so if you want quiet, ask for a room away from the pool.
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (159)
Milan, Italy
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2013

I booked this online, thinking it was a resort. When I arrived it was a hotel in front of a resort. I had a studio hotel room, so I was not qualified to be on the resort, which I wasn't aware of when I booked. If you go there I would make sure not to get a studio room to ensure you are in the resort. We were able to walk over to the resort to use their amenities. There was no internet unless we walked to the resort which was weird. Also our bath in the bathroom did not drain. They were unable to fix it and gave us another room only to shower in. The room was dirty and had beer bottle caps everywhere. The breakfast was horrible and had absolutely nothing there. We went to the resort to try to upgrade our room and they spent time showing us the room but they didn't have room there for us anyway. We waited an hour for someone to show us the room.

Room Tip: do not get a studio room! and you should be in the resort and it should be fine.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank Murzle

Travelers are raving about these Kissimmee hotels

INDIANA
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2013

Bed was clean and comfortable and staff was nice. That's about the all the good I can say. Having stayed in Orlando numerous times, this was one of the worst places I've stayed. Washer/Dryer unit had door missing. Cabinets in bad shape and had different color doors. Very ran down and in need of remodeling. I can live with that, but what I can't live with is filth. Feet were black from walking on the carpet less than 10 min. Had to keep socks on and they were black. Actually laid towels down as temporary rugs. If I could have got my money back, I would have went someplace else.

5 Thank DEMCPITA
OPRGuestExperiences, Guest Relations Manager at Oak Plantation Resort, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
Dear Demcpita,

We do thank you for your comments about our staff as well as the comforts of our beds. We are sincerely sorry however that the accommodations otherwise were not up to standard. The inconveniences you experienced will be discussed with all department managers.

We do request that all of our guests please bring any issues they might have to the attention of a member of management so that we may solve the issue in a timely manner.
We do hope that you will give us a second chance should you be traveling our way again.

Cape Cod
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2013

We stayed at the Oak Plantation Resort March 2nd to March 9th and had a wonderful time. The place was comfortable and clean. The unit was on the second floor and the stairs are tough if you have knee issues. I would request first floor when we go back. Also we wish they had wifi. The grounds were very nice, pool awesome, and tiki bar very enjoyable. The peacocks were beautiful! Close to rte 192.

Room Tip: The units immediately to the left of the tennis courts perfect spot close to tennis court, pool, bas...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank DebML
OPRGuestExperiences, Guest Relations Manager at Oak Plantation Resort, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Dear DebML,

Thank you so much for your kind comments. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and appreciate you mentioning all the great amenities and the advice to our future travelers. We do hope you will stay with us again should you be traveling our way.

White Settlement, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2013

Upon check in was given a yellow wristband for "security purposes" had to fend off the "parking lot permit" hander outer who wouldn't take a no to his sales pitch, actually had to just walk out while he was talking. First night room keys didn't work so we went back to the front desk and had some more made, was told they'd send an engineer to rekey the door. After waiting 45 mins called back and was told they'd send an engineer immediately, took another 30 mins to get the lock rekeyed to get into our room, weren't offered anything else to do just had to stand there and wait outside with my 2 kids and fiance. Pool area is beautiful as are the wild peacocks so we tried to make the best of it. Swam and enjoyed the view. Got ready to go to bed, the fold out my kids slept on was about 3 in thick and stained badly. When we went to checkout our bed there were stains on everything except the horribly cheap top "comforter" you get at cheap skeesy motels. There was some sort of a pad thing under the sheets that was rumpled so I pulled off the linens to fix it only to find it was maybe sized for a twin and was squeezed diagonally across the king size bed. It was also stained and had hair on it. Removed that and remade the bed only to discover more staining not only on the mattress but on the linens. Tried calling the front desk but didn't get an answer. So my finance went to walmart and purchased sheets. While waiting on his return I unpacked and was walking around barefoot like an idiot: my feet were totally black on the bottom (I had taken a shower maybe 20-30 mins before). The bed was overly firm but we slept on it. Second day there called for more towels twice and it took about an hour to get them. That was fun considering my fiance was already in the shower when I called. And the shower head was horrible: it only sprayed in about a 2 in stream. Third day and fourth day were fine we were gone most of the time and only returned to shower and sleep. Last night there called the front desk for more toilet paper, waited 2 hours before finally using the restroom down by the pool and then going to bed, toilet paper never showed up. Upon checkout wasn't asked how my stay was I can only assume they would know my answer. Some of the rooms looked nice from what you can see on the street however room 411 was outdated and dirty. There were 2 TVs both were tube sets and you needed some sort of converter to get all the channels. There was no wifi which you can get while at McDonald's but not at this "resort". The location was in a rougher area of kissimmee and it was brought to our attention that people who stay in the cheaper inn at oak plantation can use the oak plantation resort's ammenities. The inn at least had wifi.

• Stayed March 2013
4 Thank Jenifer C
Dear Jenifer T,

We sincerely apologize that you did not enjoy your stay with us. We will definitely be addressing all the concerns you had with the proper departments. We do ask that all of our guests please notify a member of management while they are here so that they may rectify the situation while they are still here.

Again, we are sincerely sorry for all the inconveniences and hope that you will give us another chance should you be traveling our way in the future.

Milwaukee, wi
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

The outside of the resort is very nice. Several buildings, large pond, good size pool. Best part of the outside was the abundance of wildlife. The resort was a haven for all types of birds, particularly peacocks which were beautiful. Pool area o.k., plastic chaise chairs that were not very comfortable along with regular tables and chairs. We were on a 2nd floor, overlooking the pond - no elevator. The front room furnishings were nice, nice sofa and chair. TV and TV stand outdated and ugly. The unit didn't feel well cleaned, dirt in the corners and on baseboards, carpet stained. There is a nice, compact washer/dryer in the kitchen. The refrigerator and stove needed to be junked. Bed was nice and comfortable, another ugly TV and stand in bedroom. Large closet but broken safe. Most of the inside area I could live with but I did see a large bug in the middle of the night in the kitchen. The next morning, a dead bug was on the kitchen counter. Also, the condo is not in a nice area. Half empty mall across the street, several out of business stores and restaurants near by. Since we didn't have a car, we walked to the only decent restaurants nearby, a Red Lobster and Outback Steakhouse and didn't feel particularly comfortable walking back to the condo after dark. No issues with feeling safe/secure once on the condo property. The resort staff were very friendly, from the reception where we were able to check in early, the tiki bartender and particularly the two gentlemen who drove the shuttle buses were extremely friendly. If you do stay at this condo, I would recommend bringing some clorox wipes and wiping down any food areas before using the kitchen. Also keep food in refrigerator and I would pre-wash the dishes. The cupboard where the pots/pans were located is where the bug ran off after I turned on the light, personally I would not use any of these dishes without washing first. The shared buildings are very nice, clean and modern. With some TLC, this resort could be above average but you would still need a car due to the location to find some nice restaurants/shops.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear Midwest25,

We thank you for your kind comments about our resort regarding our beautiful wildlife and amenities. We are in fact in the process of refurbishing many of our units with new furniture, appliances, and televisions. It does take quite a bit of time and we have not completely finished but is still an ongoing process.

We do sincerely apologize about the inconveniences you experienced and they will be addressed with the correct departments. We definitely want all of our guests to have an enjoyable experience while staying with us. If there are any issues that arise during their stay, we advise them to please notify a member of management so that we may correct the situation as soon as possible.

We hope that you will stay with us again should you be traveling our way again and wish you all the best in future travels.

Orrville, Ohio
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

I think people are giving this place a little too much credit.

First things first. This place is NOT a hotel and should not be listed as such on package travel sites. You WILL NOT get housekeeping service while staying here and there is a rule book waiting for you in your unit when you get there. I’ve never stayed in a hotel where I have been given a two page list of rules.

I am telling you right now. If you plan to do the parks just spend a little extra and stay at another better known resort. It is fairly easy to get in and out of the parks area and the quality and service will be much better than this place.

When we arrived, check-in took about a half hour because they had to wait for housekeeping to "verify" that the unit was clean. We were also told we would have to wear a yellow wristband during our entire stay in Florida "for security". I felt like a prisoner. Who wants to wear a yellow itchy wristband he whole time they are on vacation? They said I “was allowed” to take it off when not on property but the type of wristband they give you is not meant to come off and the desk clerk put mine on a bit too tight. I ended up taking it off the moment I got to our unit and just didn’t use any of the facilities at this "resort"...what a shame.

The staff was not unfriendly, but they weren’t welcoming either. Every staff member I encountered had a thick accent and was hard to understand. Throughout the day I would see uniformed people “hanging around” the units with non-uniformed people. I got the feeling that their friends were there hanging out with them. It didn’t give a very professional appearance.
The unit itself was in very bad need of updates and had "golden girls" decor consisting of a lot of mauve and turquoise (you get the idea).

The tiles in the kitchen were cracked and some were even loose. Some crevices were completely absent of grout. In a town where small details make the most difference this place missed the small details. The towel rack in the bathroom was broken and had mold growing on the inside where the rack should have been and the fire extinguisher in the room was no properly charged. This place definitely lack the maintenance needed to keep the aging units up to par.

The cleanliness was ok but again...the details got missed. Lots of little flies in the light fixture in the bathroom and long black hairs in the shower drain...yuk. Because of the updates needed the room had an overall grimy feel to it.

I am telling you...stay at a better known hotel. See pictures.

3 Thank jmh181
Dear jmh181,

We do sincerely apologize for all the inconveniences you experienced while staying with us. All the issues mentioned will definitely be addressed with all departments. We do request that guests please notify the management team of any issues they might have while staying with us.

We are in the process of refurbishing many of the units with new furniture, appliances, and television. We do hope that you will give us another chance should you be traveling our way so that you can see all the great updates we have made.

Oak Plantation Resort.