I stayed here with my 4 yr old son from July 16-24th. I am really surprised by the negative reviews as being a budget traveller I found this place to be excellent. I had a one bedroom unit and it had everything we needed. A big walk in closet made it great to not have your luggage lying around the room, full kitchen facilities with all utensils, washer and dryer, microwave and dish washer. This place is close to all theme parks, aprox 20 min away. I found the staff excellent, one time we were at the front desk and my little guy wanted some candy out of the machine and the front desk clerk took 2 quarters from her purse and gave it to him. The security was great especially the man who worked the night shift...very kind person, always waving and talking to my little guy when he seen him. Safety is important as I usually travel alone with my little one, I had no worries of my safety here. The security man even came to hook up a dvd player for my son as the maintenance people were busy, good team work here. I opted not to have housekeeping and they left my linen every day by the door. I stayed in building 12 and I could get wifi as the internet cafe was right across from me. The pools here are great, bar by the pool was nice, and the grounds were nice also. As for bugs I had no problem, there was a few here and there but it is Florida and you have your own entrance to outside, it is hot and humid, you have to expect that. I would stay here again in a heart beat, will recommend it to family and friends.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in a secluded hammock of majestic oak trees, Oak Plantation is quiet and comfortable, yet close to everything-a distinct advantage among resorts in the Orlando/Kissimmee area. Walt Disney World® Resort, Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure® Orlando and SeaWorld® are just minutes away. There's so much to see and do in beautiful Central Florida, no matter how many vacations you've spent here you can keep coming back - and never be disappointed. At our Orlando Kissimmee resort, you're right in the middle of all the excitement.Oak Plantation Resort offers children's activities, a playground, a video-game room, a fitness center, and picnic areas furnished with barbecue grills and tables.A Wednesday night "dive-in" movie by the pool with complimentary popcorn is available to all guests. The hotel also provides daily pool activities.The resort provides complimentary scheduled transportation to and from the Walt Disney World® Resort, Universal Studios®, and SeaWorld® theme parks. Power up with a full breakfast buffet everyday from 7:30 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. for only $7.95 (Adults) and $5.50 (Children ages 4-9). Free Wireless Internet access is available throughout the resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, TravelUp, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotwire and getaroom.com so you can book your Oak Plantation Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Oak Plantation Hotel Kissimmee
- Oak Plantation Kissimmee Florida
- Oak Plantation Villas Resort