New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Fantasy World Club Villas

Fantasy World Club Villas
Ranked #34 of 160 Hotels in Kissimmee
Fishers, Indiana
“Tip - Request an updated villa in close proximity to the pool.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

We had an awesome experience with the Fantasy World Resort during our 4 night stay. We spent a majority of our time at Disney and traveling to Cocoa Beach but the time we did spend at the Villa was positive. The staff that we did encounter were friendly, check-in was a breeze, the pools and villas were clean, and we didn't have any issues with bugs (roaches). After reading the reviews, I was rather nervous but once we arrived, my fears were put aside. I would recommend this resort BUT would suggest requesting an updated villa near the pool. I am not sure if an older villa would have had an impact on our stay. We will be returning to the Fantasy World Resort should we vacation in Orlando in the future. Another positive note was that the resort was in close proximity to Disney which was fabulous for us! Our daughter loved the water spouts, play area, and claw machine in the pool location. Even though we didn't get to partake because of our busy schedule, there were plenty of activities to make up for the resort fee. We loved it!! :) There are going to be bad reviews on any hotel/villa so I would recommend not listening to the extremely negative reviews and review for yourself!!

Room Tip: Request an updated villa in close proximity to the pool.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Leandra W

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (236)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

I have to start this off by saying that this is a pretty large resort. Apparently there is "Fantasy Word 1", and "Fantasy World 2". I didn't know that when I booked my reservation, but emailed the place twice, and even called a week prior to our trip, to ask for an updated room close to the pool. Check in was super fast, we didn't have to wait at all, got there mid-afternoon. Our room was very close to the main pool area, as requested, but I don't think I got an updated room as requested. The furniture was old, appliances older. It seems like any updated they DID do, they did for as cheap as possible. However, that being said, I am pretty picky about cleanliness, and it wasn't bad. No bugs at all (no roaches). Kitchen was moderately stocked, could've used a few more things. We did cook a couple times in the room and didn't have any troubles. Everyone is right about the dryer, it took several cycles to dry clothes. It wasn't a deal-breaker for me, though. Most of the stuff eventually got dry. Towels and linens were all decent. The beds were hard, but not the worst I've ever slept on, as other reviewers have said. We were tired enough at the end of the day to sleep! The resort itself is very nice! The pool area was great, with zero-entry up to 4'6" in one part. The lazy river was bigger and nicer than I thought it would be, and we never had an issue getting tubes. Sometimes the tubes would get hung up around the waterfall area, so if there are none when you get in, just walk around until you find one. There is a game area, which we never used, as well as a computer area (never used). The slides were FAST! Made me dizzy! Plenty of pool chairs no matter what time of day we went. There is also a splash pad area, which is nice for smaller kids. They have several activities going on around the pool throughout the day, such as musical chairs, bingo, crafts, hula-hoop contest, etc. They don't work hard to get people involved, though, and if you don't get there RIGHT when they announce it, it will be too late to join. There is a decent pool bar that had good service. You can order food for lunch/afternoon, it's ok. The resort is near several restaurants, and is a pretty easy drive to the Disney properties, Old Town, and Sea World. We never felt unsafe as some people mentioned. Will I stay again? Probably not, as the rooms themselves could use updating, and I may just stay on Disney property next time. However, I don't regret staying there this time around.

Room Tip: ASK for an updated room, and a room close to the pool! :)
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars
4 Thank IAnurse
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

UPON ARRIVAL! Had to wait for someone to check you in. Room first day roaches in kitchen. Dryer takes over 2-3 hours to dry clothes. No receipts given when tab charged to your room. No garbage bags in garbage cans in room. Small bugs all over kitchen. No life guards in facility. My son ripped his entire nail off his toe at the pool side and front desk said "we don't have first aid care here only band aids and advised me to goto 7-11 or cvs. The carpet inside is filthy, bed had blood stains in main bedroom. They said they have 3 pools??? Where we only seen one. Pool and lazy river were never cleaned in the entire week we stayed from 5/27-6/1. I left a piece of red plastic in lazy river to see if it would be taken out. NEVER WAS!!! The bottom of all vents in the pool and lazy river are green algae on them and wood chips from flower beds. All bar liquor is watered down and last but not least they charge your room tab before you check out without going over it with you. DISGUSTED!!!!

8 Thank Bravelady5
Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013 via mobile

My daughter grandson and daughter spent 3 nights at the resort. The kids had a blast going from the water slide to the pool and then to the lazy river. The resort did a great job of upgrading the water amenities. The villas are older but clean and have all the basics. You are minutes from many restaurants and all the attractions. Rented a cabana for the day and we felt like royalty.
We would go again.

1 Thank FloridaElisabeth1
Delhi, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

We just got home tonight from our stay here and it was great. In fact, we took one last walk around this morning sad that we had to leave.

Our unit was clean and stocked with more than I expected, especially after reading some of the reviews here. The pools, lazy river, hot tubs and slides were great! The pool bar staff was awesome and the food there (we only got fries when sitting pool side) was really good. We rented a cabana for my birthday and had a blast.

The place is really close to groceries, restaurants and theme parks. It made for a very enjoyable trip, especially since we had a 7 & 3 year old with us. They loved everything and we could always make them meals and snacks in a beautifully renovated kitchen or hang out in the screened in porch while they rested or just played in the condo.

We were already planning our return next year. Thanks for the great vacation Fantasy World and look forward to visiting you again next spring!

Delhi, Ontario

Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Waltersfamily1
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

I'm staying in 3151 & this unit is nice, with the exception that a/c feels as if it's not even on & there's pretty much no wi-fi signal at all even though they advertise it. I honestly am not impressed with the area. As a matter of fact, last night there was a fight in the community directly behind our's & I was waiting to hear gunfire. There were so many people out there. I won't be back.

1 Thank Jtdickerson
uk
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

We stayed for a week May 3rd to May 11th we e-mailed ahead and asked for the unit we always stay in and when we got there hey presto we received it! The guys at this resort work hard to maintain and improve things they have we noticed just opened a mini golf section on the resort! We had a great stay as always and would never hesitate to stay here! Thankyou Fantasy world villas.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple