“Definitely going back! Two thumbs up!”

Fantasy World Club Villas
Ranked #42 of 154 Hotels in Kissimmee
Reviewed December 16, 2007

We returned last night from a 2 week stay at Fantasy World, and I cannot express enough how pleased we were with the accomodations, the facilities and the staff. This is not a 5 star resort, so it's not glamorous, but the condos are very clean and fully equipped (vaccum, broom, mop, microwave, self-cleaning oven, in-room safe, iron and ironing board, etc.) There was a dvd player in the living room, with a 27" tv. Each bedroom also had a tv. The air conditioner worked well, and could be switched over to the furnace with ease if the nights got cool. Each bedroom and the dining room had a ceiling fan for additional air movement when it got humid. I could easily live in one of these condos year-round.
We spent almost every night at the main pool enjoying the pool side bar, the hot tub, and the heated pool. Tennis rackets, swim accessories, basketballs and board games are available in the clubhouse for guest use. The grounds are well maintained, and they are currently doing some renovations in the clubhouse, adding an internet cafe. The shuttle service to Disney / SeaWorld / Universal Studios was reliable and the drivers were always friendly.
Olive Garden, CiCi's Pizza, and Arby's are a 2 minute walk from your condo. Walmart Superstore is about a 15 minute walk, or the Publix grocery store is a 10 minute walk.
I booked this resort on-line, and was very nervous! My fears were quickly put to rest...check-in was a 2 minute process, the condo was immaculate, the grounds were beautiful, and the staff were always smiling! The front counter offers an Expedia desk, so buying tickets for parks, shows, etc. is easily done. As part of my on-line booking bonus, we received a $25 voucher for food/beverages at the pool-side lounge. I forgot about it, but on our second night there the manager came and found me at the pool and gave me my voucher. I was impressed!
We slept in on the morning we were to leave, and did not wake up until our driver was there to pick us up. We did not have any additional charges on our room, so when we phoned the front desk they said not to worry about check-out, just to leave the room keys on the kitchen counter.
This resort offers time-share - they have a desk in the main clubhouse, and are available if you want to talk to them, but they will not approach you or mention the timeshare in any way. We are now considering purchasing time-share here, so that we can go back again and again!

Stayed: December 2007
5  Thank PGJewel
There are newer reviews for Fantasy World Club Villas

Reviewed November 21, 2007

after reading reviews on this site i was looking forward to my holiday but with slight trepidation. i need not have worried, the villa wasn't luxury, but a home from home base with everything we needed.the grounds are nicely kept. (if not a little boggy, don't think they know how to turn sprinklers off)( makes good fun trying to dodge them on the way home in the evening) the staff in reception couldn't have been more polite or helpful, the same at the pool bar. the whole place just had a great friendly, family feel to it. great value place for families to chill and relax after hard days at the parks. would recommend this place to anyone.

1  Thank fredwomble
Reviewed September 2, 2007

Let me start by saying that we got a good deal on this resort through bookit.com and, based on the reviews here, we thought that it would be a 4 star resort. We paid $83 a night + tax for this two-bedroom "townhouse" unit. It has two floors, two bedrooms and two bathrooms. One bedroom has a queen size bed, another has 2 twin beds and there is a sleep sofa. We traveled as a family of 6 (4 adults and 2 kids).

Now, given that we only paid $83 a night and split it with the other adults in our party, it is a good place to sleep, but overall I'd recommend looking for another hotel and paying a bit more to get more quality.

We spent 4 nights here...from August 22-August 26. Since I am writing a negative review here, I will start with the negatives:

1-This hotel is very old and is in need of a complete rehab.

2-The beds are very uncomfortable, squeaky and have stained mattresses and box springs. I don't think they wash the comforters either because at check out, we were instructed to remove all sheets and blankets from the bed and leave the comforter on the bed. Yuck! I slept without it. The sleeper sofa is ridiculously uncomfortable. My husband opted to sleep on this with my 5 year old son and gave my daughter and I the two twin beds. The sleeper sofa mattress was falling through the springs and when you slept on it, you rolled into the holes in between the springs. Would not recommend that you sleep on this...floor might be better.

3-Kitchen needs some serious updating. The dishwasher was missing the upper rack and the bottom was completely missing, exposing pipes and wires (great when you've got a young toddler!). Shelves are made of cheap particle board and were all warped. The pots and pans were not well stocked (we had one large pot and one large frying pan and that's it) and everything stuck to the pans, regardless of how much spray or butter you used. The refrigerator was missing shelves on the door. Under the sink smelled musty..had obviously had a leak at one time. I'm not sure if it's all of the water in Orlando, but the water tastes terrible...strong taste of minerals or pipe (same at Magic Kingdom). We stocked up on bottled water (but there's no recycling here that we could find). 2 of our dishes cracked in the microwave...figured they were microwave safe, since there was a microwave. I guess not!

4-There is a smal washer/dryer unit, which is nice, but the dryer needed to be run twice to dry the towels.

5-The downstairs bathroom has an extremely small stand up shower with no light over the shower stall. It is difficult for anyone larger than a child to comfortably take a shower and see what he/she is doing.

6-Both bathrooms had evidence of mold in the corners of the sinks and outside bathtub/shower.

7-Unit looked and smelled clean when we arrived, but it is old and needs a major rehab or deep cleaning. Our socks were black after walking around in there.

8-Units on the outside reminded me of low income housing and grounds are not kept up outside of units.

Ok--so there were some positives too. Here they are:

1-We were provided with the bare essentials: dish soap, sponges, coffee and powdered creamer and sugar packets, soap, dish detergent (2 packs), garbage bags (so thin that they broke all over the floor); shampoo and conditioner, laundry detergent (Tide--1 use); paper towels.

2--There was good water pressure and hot water was abundant, even with 4 adults taking showers in the morning.

3-Had a problem with our cable (it was snowy) and thermostat (it fell off the wall) and maintenance came right away and fixed it. Very friendly.

4-Staff is very friendly. Let us check in early on our arrival date (we had arrived at around 12 pm and check in time is not until 4 pm).

5-Centrally located-close to all parks, restaurants (Arby's, Cici's Pizza, Olive Garden within walking distance).

6-We used 2 of the pools--both nice, heated, but fairly small. The first night, the pool closest to our unit (right in our back yard) was closed, so the main pool off the lobby was a bit over crowded.

7-Great bar off the main pool area, with happy hour specials (2 for 1 drinks).

8-I did not see any bugs in this unit, which I thoroughly expected, given the age of the unit, but thank goodness, because I hate bugs!

Overall, I would not stay here again. I think there are better hotels out there, but it is a place to stay if you do not have a lot of money in your budget and want a home away from home. (On the rest of our trip, we stayed at the Fairfield Orlando at Cypress Palms, which was absolutely beautiful...5 stars! I'd stay there again).

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled with family
10  Thank jpjande
Reviewed July 25, 2007

We have chosen this place three times and we will again. It is a great location. The townhome has lots of room and 2 showers. The laundry facilities are small but they do the job. I love the full size fridge. It's great for freezing drinks to bring to the parks. There is enough dishware for 6 and little extras like dishsoap and garbage bags. I found the pool to be a good size. There is also a hot tub and a bar. The best feature of this place is the free shuttles to all of the major parks. You don't even need a car.

3  Thank payingitforward1
Reviewed July 13, 2007

We stayed at the townhome style homes. I'm not sure what the condo styles were like on the inside, but the townhomes were old and in need of renovations throughout. There was a defininte odor throughout the place. The appliances (especially the microwave) were dirty. The microwave had rust spots on the inside.

The bathrooom on the lower level was next to the front door, and everytime the sprinkler system came on it would flood the floor in the bathroom. When I called the front desk it was as if they already knew about the problem from previous guests, yet they did nothing to remedy the problem before we got there. Their solution to the problem was to give me a handful of towels to wipe up the floor.

Not much of a resort if you ask me. All they have is a small pool, tennis courts (2) and a basketball court.

The washer and dryer are a waste. The washer can only hold about two outfits, and good luck with the dryer. Better have lots of patience, as it took ALL night to dry one load of clothes. And you DO need the washer and dryer, as the front desk will NOT restock your towel supply. We were told to use the washer and dryer when we asked for additional towels. I only got extras when, as noted above, the floor flooded.

Overall I would not recommend this to anyone unless you are on a serious budget and don't have a lot of cash for accommodations. If you have the spare cash I would recommend putting it towards better facilities.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled with family
6  Thank yajeec163
Reviewed July 4, 2007

We have just returned from a three day stay at the Fantasy world Club Villas in Kissimmee. Most of the personnel was nice and helpful. The young man that checked me in was very helpful and extremely nice. I really appreciated that after my twelve hour drive. The grounds are also very kept well. I was however dissapointed with the accomodations. The villa itself was small and there was no carpet in the living area. The most dissapointing part of the unit itself was the odor that was throughout it. I was also dissapointed with the concierge service, each time I needed help the concierge was out.
Overall our stay was very dissapointing. I would not reccomend it .

2  Thank April73
Reviewed June 4, 2007

My family of four stayed there this past week. The check-in was a breeze. Our condo was very clean. The air conditioner felt like the artic. I felt very safe there. The place was very well lit and I saw security patrolling the area like every 10 minutes. There is a Quiznos, Olive Garden and Cici's Pizza right next door. The pool was very nice and warn at night. We has plenty of towels. The condo was stocked with every thing you needed to feel right at home. I would definately stay here again.

2  Thank sandaleea