Howard Johnson Inn Tropical Palms Kissimmee
Ranked #112 of 154 Hotels in Kissimmee
Reviewed August 26, 2012

Staff was friendly. Plenty of towels provided daily. Room, carpet, and bathroom were clean.The pool was HUGE and nicely heated. For a budget consious hotel, it was comfortable and quiet. Would stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed August 14, 2012

WOW - This was rated highly on TripAdvisor and it was a filthy! My room looked as if someone had just left and they didn't bother to clean it. There where (and forgive me but it's true) semen stains on the headboard that NO ONE had BOTHERED to clean off - crusted - it made me sick, the sheets were paper-thin and felt dirty, there was FILTH on the floor - as in you could see DEAD GRASS, there was broken glass and Styrofoam all over the room - like a party had happened in there. It was GROSS! I asked House Keeping to come clean it but you can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear. I can't describe to you the nastiness under the edge of the bed or I'll throw up. This room needed a HAZMAT crew! NASTY is not even close to describing it! How on earth you can call this a good stay is beyond me! UGH! I'm out $137 for a room not fit for a pig and that I could not stay in! I asked for my money back and was told NO - found a friend's couch to crash on the rest of the week. The hotel room was so disgusting that I came back on the night of the 9th and checked out since I could NOT get a refund or moved to another room - it saved someone else from staying in that pigpen. The parking lot flooded so badly with a little rain that you had to park a good distance from the hotel on 'higher ground' to protect your car, which left it open to opportunity for theft. Poor design on the drainage means guests better have a Mud Truck to stay there. Just sleep in your truck.

I will NEVER stay at this place again, NEVER believe TripAdvisor again and NEVER stay at a HoJo's again. This was HORRIBLE!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank veronicade1
Reviewed August 13, 2012

Stayed in the room with my wife while we did the whole Orlando experience. Over all it was very good. The hotel staff was very nice and helpful, And it is very close to all the parks i don't think we drove more then 12 miles to go anywhere. Its defiantly not the Hilton but for the price it was very good. I would recommend this hotel to family and friends to stay at.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 12, 2012

The room itself was fine. Bed was comfortable and the rooms was clean although the bath towels have seen better days. You will pay a little extra for a room with a micro-fridge and you will pay an extra $4.83 per day for a shuttle to the parks, a room safe, and lobby computer use - whether you use these things or not. I'm on the fence as to staying here again - there is a lot of competition.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed August 3, 2012

Aside for the price you pay add an extra $4.83 per day. The fee is for shuttle to the parks, wifi and a safe in the room. All that is free nowadays in any other hotel now. This hotel looks like it was build in the 1970's and it still LOOKS like the 1970's. Nothing has changed in this hotel since then. Old furniture, old bulky TV, stain carpet, light fixture do not work,....... I did not even dare to get breakfast, the place look like a health hazard and probably they charge for continental breakfast (that is also free in any other hotel). Bottom line, horrible experience at this hotel, will not ever go back there, and if the price seems cheap, that is what you get "cheap" hotel.

Room Tip: None in the hotel, watch out for the stray cats by the stairs.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
A TripAdvisor Member
Miami, Florida, USA
Reviewed July 21, 2012

Wonderful,will go back again in the future.Location was excellent and the rooms were super immaculant,service was great and a beautiful pool.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with cheaprooms.com
2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed July 17, 2012

First when we got there our card to get into our room did not work. So we got a brand new card and that also didn't work. So then the maintenance guy came and cleaned the door and we got into our room. We needed a fridge and microwave, which we did ask for when buying our nights. Yet we entered there was none. So therefor we had to pay extra money and move into another room. This new room had pink silly string on the wall which was very odd. The next night we were heading to Disney. So we had to get ready extra fast cause it was a little bit late around 9:30. So there were clothes everywhere. Cleaning maids aren't suppose to touch your personal belongings. Yet this maid did. She put our clothes in all random places but didn't even get all the trash or dirty towels. She told the desk we had excessive messiness and if it happened again then we would pay a fine. This was outrageous cause she is not even suppose to touch our stuff. Just get trash and everything. So this manager said sorry and he will talk to her. But since I drink coffee & tea. She left us around 11 coffee packets along with extra sugar & cream which was great. Our door didnt lock so we did not carry the key which was odd. One night after leaving my dance convention our hotel door was wide open and I was so mad. I have computers and so many things that I was very mad. The beds were extra comfy and soft. They gave us extra pillows and blankets which we asked for. The pool was very nice. It was warm and big. It also had a nice set up. There was also a little kiddie pool that went up to my knees. This one was cooler and smaller. They did not mind how loud you were so they were very kid friendly. I noticed lots of sports teams stay here. So there were many teenagers. There is an elevator. Also snack machines & soda machines inside of the lobby. The restaurant, "Steak & Shake" outside of it was delicious. The Inn hallway floors are very dirty so they really need to sweep. If you take one walk outside with no shoes on then your feet get instantly black. There was a nice little waterfall and pool outside with fish and other creatures to the side of it which was very appealing.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family