“Good, but could get better” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Park Inn By Radisson Resort and Conference Center Orlando

Park Inn By Radisson Resort and Conference Center Orlando
Ranked #43 of 153 Hotels in Kissimmee
Fremont, Michigan
“Good, but could get better”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2014 via mobile

Overall a nice place to stay. It just could be cleaner. It's not dirty, but I expect a bit more from a hotel. We were there after a storm. 2 hours later there were still tree limbs all over the ground by the pool. After asking twice, we still couldn't get any pool towels. Staff was friendly, and appeared to help but there was no follow through. Our room wasn't really cleaned the next day--garbage wasn't emptied. Location is great. Room size is good.

Stayed March 2014
GstSvcsMgmt, Guest Relations Manager at Park Inn By Radisson Resort and Conference Center Orlando, responded to this review, April 22, 2014
Thank you for taking the time too review your stay. We appreciate your comments and use them to improve future guests' experience. Being a big property it took a little time cleaning up after the storm you mentioned, but looked great a little later
Thanks again for your comments.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (171)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Port Saint Lucie, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2014

A little about me (for perspective): My partner and I travel at least once every couple of months to somewhere. We are from South Florida and have been to Disney and Orlando multiple times. We love to go on cruises and are used to that level of service. :)

So, I initially booked with this hotel because of the location and because I found a great deal on TravelZoo.com that brought the price in around $140 for the 2 nights we originally planned on staying. When it came to the day before, we decided that we wanted to head over early and proceeded to try to book another night with the hotel. I went online and saw a price of about $70 for the night. OK - this sounds good, right? Wrong. :( After fees and the usual taxes it comes to just over $100 - for just that one night! I called to see if the would add this night on at the rate I was already paying for the other nights. The first person to answer didn't even let me start to ask my question before she transferred me. She heard the word "reservation" and said "let me transfer you". Very rude. I did report this to the nice lady who attempted to amend my reservation, and she apologized profusely and told me someone would look into it. We did wind up booking at the regular online price since we didn't want to try and transfer hotels the next day.

The room was nice and big. We did get an end unit with a King bed, sofa, mini-fridge, and coffee maker. Bed was comfortable enough - did not stick out in my mind either way. Slept well! The outlet placement kind of sucks though. Bring an extension cord if you plan on charging your phone on the night stand. I just charged it at the desk before bed, then brought it over when it was time. Tile floors were nice because there was no old carpet smells or stains. However, it was a little chilly that week and that tile was not nice under feet. There are good-sized rugs on either side of the bed. There is a safe in the closet that you use your own code on. It's just like the ones on the older cruise ships. Worked just fine for us.

The bathroom is a nice size. Same as most of the newer hotels - or newly renovated - plenty of room. The soaker tub was great!! No jets or anything, but fills fast and is nice and deep! Bad thing for us was the shower head. All of that great pressure from the tub didn't make it out of the shower. :( I reported this problem in the A.M. and they did "fix" it while we were gone that day. It had improved, but was still not what I would live with every day. Did not re-report, made do. Oh, and nice shampoo, etc. in the bathroom!

There is a $15/night/room resort fee. While the majority of hotels, resort, villas, etc. in this area do charge some sort of a fee, this is the highest one that I've encountered!! And, it's a bit of a joke! They say it is for the shuttle to the parks, the pools being heated, the wifi, and some other kids-related things. Oh, and self parking. Well, the shuttles are shared with the other hotels in the area, so the timing sucks. The wifi was soooo slow that I had to turn it off in order to get the page to load on my phone. And, I'm a patient person with wifi. It literally never loaded - gave me an error on the page. Even with the password put in and it saying that I had good wifi signal strength. Lastly, the parking lot is in bad disrepair (disappearing lines, weeds everywhere, potholes, etc.). If I'm going to pay extra for that, please give me a nice parking lot to park in.

There is a full restaurant, a bar/lounge, and a quick-service on-site. I never ate at the restaurant, but tried the pizza at the quick-service. It was great. Convenient, but a little pricey - $9 for an 8" pie with 1 topping. The bar/lounge was great, too. Good service and fair prices. Think in the range of like TGIFridays, etc.

Lastly, the location of the hotel was perfect!! There are several places in this very area to stay at, too. I think it was like a 10-15 minute drive to the Disney parks. There are lots of chain restaurants near by as well. McD's, Denny's - Friday morning there was a man making balloon animals and Disney characters, great skills! IHOP is there, Outback, etc.

Overall, I most likely will not stay there again because service and a nice shower are top on my list of priorities. But, it wasn't the worst, either!

Room Tip: Try to get an end room close to the elevators- they have 2 windows and save you from walking a long...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
      Sleep Quality
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank SaraNAngie
Hello, and thank for the review of your stay, and the valuable comments. We take all comments seriously, and will be discussing them with the various dept. managers. We use comments such as you have given as an opportunity for improvement, some of which, we are in the process of being improved now(parking lot). We hope you consider giving us another visit in the future and checking out the improvements yourself.
Thanks again for taking the time to let us know.
YYZ
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2014 via mobile

We got a really good deal on this hotel. If I had paid full price I would have had higher expectations.

The hotel is really old but has a lot of potential.

The staff were very helpful and accommodating whenever I had issues. For example, we discovered on day 2 that our room was not locking because the door didn't fit correctly in the door frame. Without hesitation the front desk staff apologized and changed our room to one just two doors down. It was a perfect example of good customer service. There were other small things that we needed assistance with and the staff were consistently lovely to deal with.

I liked that the room is tiled instead of carpeted, it feels cleaner on your feet. It is unfortunately a lot louder though, and you will likely hear your neighbours.

The bathroom was very, very outdated. We actually had a good laugh about it. But it was quite clean, so we were okay with it.

The location of the hotel is really great - lots of restaurants and activities and shopping within a short driving distance. There is an IHOP and a Denny's within walking distance that are good for breakfast.

The major disappointment that I had with the hotel was the pool and hot tub. They were simply filthy. We got into the hot tub and started to relax when I felt something brush up against my skin. It was horrifying to see how much hair, bugs, leaves, etc. were floating around in there. And the pool was just a cold version of the same thing. So gross!

Bottom line, this hotel will probably be great once they have a chance to fix it up. For now, make sure you get a good deal on the price and don't go in the pool!

Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank HighStandardsYYZ
GstSvcsMgmt, Manager at Park Inn By Radisson Resort and Conference Center Orlando, responded to this review, April 16, 2014
Thank you for choosing the Park Inn by Radisson, Orlando-Celebration. We appreciate you staying with us.

As you may or may not know, the hotel has converted to a Park Inn within the last few months. As such, we are still in the middle of reviving some of our public areas. We will share your comments regarding the pool area with our management staff. We invite you to keep up with what the hotel is doing on our Facebook page so that you may keep up with what is happening here at Park Inn by Radisson.

Thank you for your time in providing us with valuable feedback. We hope to see you on your next visit to the Orlando area!

Devon, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2014

We moved from a horrible hotel to this hotel and we couldn't believe our luck.We were wowed everywhere we walked!! Especially when we got to our rooms!! A beautiful well kept hotel. Reception was very friendly and welcoming.The rooms were extremely clean with fresh towels and beds made everyday.Fridge in rooms.Felt extremely safe in our hotel.Thank you for making our holiday amazing!!

• Stayed April 2014
2 Thank TraveltoFlorida14
Thank you for choosing the Park Inn by Radisson, Orlando-Celebration. We appreciate you staying with us and are happy to hear that your experience went well. It is always nice to hear great comments such as yours regarding our property.

Thank you for your time in providing us with valuable feedback and we hope to see you on your next visit to the Orlando area!

Leuven, Belgium
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2014 via mobile

While booking this hotel, we were surprised about the low price we had to pay for 3 people for 3 nights. For a very low price we got an excellent room, free parking, free wifi and access to a great swimming pool area (1 waterfall pool, a heated pool, a kid pool and a Jacuzzi. It is located within 15. min of most parks and premium outlet shopping. The only downsides were that the staff was not that friendly and that the breakfast in room was terrible. Still recommend this as a great place for park visits.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank HaraldW

We will pass on your comments regarding your experience with our in-room dining to our Food & Beverage Director. We invite you to keep up with what the hotel is doing on our Facebook page so that you may keep up with what is happening here at Park Inn by Radisson.

New Rochelle, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2014

This hotel is in a very convenient location to the Disney Parks and provides complimentary shuttle transportation to them. We only stayed one night, but had an overall good experience. Check-in was swift, room was incredibly spacious! This hotel is a wise choice if you want to visit Disney on a budget. You will certainly save loads of money staying here as opposed to the Disney hotels. Great accommodation, thank you!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank TravelChickStigs
GstSvcsMgmt, Manager at Park Inn By Radisson Resort and Conference Center Orlando, responded to this review, April 14, 2014

2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2014 via mobile

I have a problem in that this hotel COULD and SHOULD be getting at least four stars from me - but due to a catalogue of problems it's lucky to be scraping a two! First things first - the rooms are spacious and comfortable! Always clean and great for nearby restaurants. Our problem we found however was on our first night where at around 10:30pm when around 20 high school kids turned up and started running up and down the corridor, shouting and slamming doors! Obviously a big booking - and they were just settling in so fair's fair... How wrong were we! It was still going on by half eleven - and resulted in me having to phone down TWICE to get someone to shut the little brats up! During the first call at around 11pm I was made to feel as if it was me who was the problem!! Not impressed at all. If you have a big booking of kids, common sense would be to move them away from small party guests! Obviously not the policy here so we asked to move rooms which they swiftly sorted to their credit - but with only fifteen minutes to pack up In the morning before the shuttle turned up it meant we left a load of our shower products behind - obviously our fault - but shouldn't have had to have been forced to move in the first place! So already by day two we have lost $10 worth of stuff! Other problem was as we checked out! BEWARE THIS HOTEL HAS HIDDEN CHARGES!! I had noticed this sign on the desk for a $15 per night charge for parking, wifi (which didn't work on the 7th floor) and fridge (which froze all our food so we had to throw away about $20 worth anyway) but as no one mentioned anything AT ALL when we checked in, I foolishly assumed it was included in our bill! No one told us about this extra charge when we checked in - it was all hidden in the small print! Very unimpressed by this as coupled with the problems on our first night totally tainted the whole stay to the point where I couldn't return or recommend it! Shame, as it has the potential to be a good, cheap and comfortable stay it just felt like a disaster! Thankfully the amazing parks and restaurants made it a great stay!

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MrEMan1
Thank you for choosing the Park Inn by Radisson, Orlando-Celebration. We appreciate you staying with us and are sorry to hear that your experience was not to your satisfaction

As we are outside of the gates of Disney, we host quite a bit of student groups. The groups are normally blocked in a separate section to keep everyone together.

The Resort fee you mentioned covers unlimited use of the fitness center, swimming pools, parking, scheduled complimentary transportation to the area theme parks, as well as the interactive childrens' play area, to name a few of the items.

Thank you for your time in providing us with valuable feedback. We hope that you allow us another opportunity to better serve you should you return to the Orlando area.

Striving to make magical memories for all,

Travelers are raving about these Kissimmee hotels