“Great”

Roomba Inn & Suites Orlando
Ranked #106 of 152 Hotels in Kissimmee
“Great”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Very clean rooms smelled very nice pool was clean and employees were very friendly...The onsite resturant was also great..Would stay again definetly recommend to family and friend being that Old Town is right across the street and lots of resturants.Also the on site poolside bar is great and the resturant ..

1 Thank Rosas1714
jerry w, General Manager at Roomba Inn & Suites Orlando, responded to this review, November 29, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thanks for taking the time to write a review on the hotel .. I thank you. We are working hard at getting the hotel in line with the other hotels around us and make sure you always chose us when in Kissimmee/Orlando. We know that you can go any where else but you came here .. The staff will always work hard to improve and live up to your standards.

jerry@roombainn.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
Wilmington, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed May 27, 2013

We knew due to it being a holiday weekend we should make a reservation in advance. We planned a 1 day trip to Disney for the kids since we had to drive 11 hours to help our grandmother in Fort Lauderdale. After traveling all day we finally arrived to Roomba at 11 pm where I was shocked to see a line out the door. I waited and waited and realized nobody was making any progress. Nobody every communicated that they did not have rooms even for those of us with prior reservations. I had already paid for 2 nights! After 45 and a tired hungry family in the car we figured we would figure out a refund later and just go check in another hotel. I called bookit while my husband went in and out of 3 nearby hotels to find that they have no vacancy....back to Roomba hoping something was figured out... since bookit wasn't answering my call.... Still the same people in line at Roomba. Now I find out people were being sent to occupied rooms! Once again we left I got a hold of bookit and rec'd a full refund. BUT now being after midnite Bookit could not help me find a new room. We proceeded up and down the road pulling in and out of 10 more hotels all were booked! by 1 am we had to make the decision that our 1 day in Disney would not happen. We had to drive and hour outside Orlando and make our trip home the next day.

3 Thank Sara L

jerry@roombainn.com

Travelers are raving about these Kissimmee hotels

Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed May 27, 2013

We Just stayed two nights over memorial day weekend. On arrival to check in I waited in line no joking over an hour to check in. There is a BIG problem at this place I would say #1 starting with MANAGEMENT there were 4 people working the desk. They could not fix the problems for the guests nor find clean, empty rooms, while waiting an hr multiple guests returned room keys not working, given same rooms as other guests, hotel reservations that had been made not there nor rooms to given the guest nor there $ back. There were at least 3 phone calls on hold for a manager, 3 families waiting for the manager, who took at least 25 minutes to show up. At this point he shows up and the lobby no joking has 30-35 people in line to complain and or checkin. He comes around telling us "no problems you have plenty of time to wait your on vacation right?" and gave a few guests a coupon for a free drink at his resturant next door. Now I stood in line for over an hour while my husband sat in the car with our 3 small children. There were a lot of other things I could have done with my time. I took that as a slap in the face of management who does not give a crap about his guests. The staff working the desk were nice just no idea how to run things. Hotel is still under construction two buildings are being renovated. The pool is nice our room was not bad for the price it was a last minute trip. The service was so bad I will never STAY here again. It took 15 minutes to check out when at best it should have taken 1-2 just to give me a copy of the bill. Only one person working. Do your self a favor keep looking!!

4 Thank Amy J

Reviewed May 27, 2013

This hotel is a total rip off. It's not only disgusting but it's not safe. Staff is not courteous at all or helpful. The door to our room was unlocked, we had to sleep with a chair on our door the whole night scares that someone would try to get in. There were weirs looking people hanging out on the property talking really loud which didn't allow us to sleep. Oh and if that's not bad enough.., when I wanted to bathe my daughter so we can get the hell out of there, the water was coming out brown for about 10 minutes and the bath tub was filthy. We were supposed to stay there 2 nights, I cancelled the 2nd night. I didn't leave that night cause it was late and there were no hotels Available. Disgusting place!!!!!

3 Thank sharidr1
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed May 26, 2013

VERY POOR SERVICE! i would NOT RECOMMEND THIS HOTEL TO ANYONE!!!
I booked a hotel room for last night on Expedia 2 weeks ago called to confirm 3 days prior to our stay everything was good. Showed up last night To check in and the Hotel had been DOUBLE BOOKED!! All their rooms were full! I stood in line for an HOUR waiting to be checked in! The manager was not very friendly, didn't tell anyone what was going on, never apologized never offered to help anyone! when i got showed up there were two people working the front desk and a 3rd person checking on them she was in and out of the lobby for 30 mins. After 20 mins one Clerk left and the other went to the back room a few mins later a new clerk showed up to work and was on the phones for 10 mins before she even talked to anyone! when another costumer asked if she was checking people in she said they had no available rooms! Then resumed phone calls. SEVERAL PEOPLE ASKED to see a manager but she never did anything to find him. she said he was checking all the rooms to see if they were available. My credit card had already been charged prior to my stay so when I FINALLY SAW a manager i asked him about getting my refund he said call Expedia! *Expedia did offer me a full refund! * they are not at fault here!!! The staff at Roomba Inn and Suites were not friendly or helpful!!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
4 Thank Kali C
Reviewed May 26, 2013

From the moment we checked in, we knew this place had a few problems. While standing in line for over 30 minutes, a few people already staying there kept going up to reception with complaints. When we got to our room, the people next to us were having a party outside our door. Literally outside our door. The walls and floors are paper thing, we could hear stomping upstairs and it was nonstop. I called the front desk at about 1 am to complain about the people outside and I was told a manager would come right away. At about 1:30 in the morning, my boyfriend and I picked up our stuff and checked out. While in the lobby, a woman was fighting with the owner about strangers walking in their room. They had given the same room to two different groups. This place is a joke, the staff is rude, the walls are made out of cardboard apparently, and the owner doesn't care. DON'T STAY HERE! Luckily we live in West palm beach and were able to come home after cutting vacation short no thanks to this garbage dump.

6 Thank rerodriguez13
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed May 23, 2013

I am so scared and upset at this low-class hotel! I took my wife, grandmother and three kids to this hotel and my allergic son started coughing the moment we entered our sub-standard room. I could not understand why he was up the whole two nights coughing and sneezing. Usually it is his allergies and my grandmother thought it was the carpeting. It looked fine to us.

The next day I talked to one of the employees and told them about my son's constant allergic reaction. They were so honest with me and told me that this hotel has a past history of having really bad mold everywhere and the hotel has covered it with simple and cheap renovations!!!!!

I asked them if they were sure about this and they said yes and not to tell anyone because others have complained about the air quality in this crappy, cheap hotel. No wonder they charge so little, it is a health hazard to stay in this garbage hotel!!!

I could not verify this employee and decided to do a simple test. I went to Home Depot and got a simple petri dish with a solution for testing mold! It cost me a few dollars. I exposed the petri dish with the solution for an hour to the open air in our room and then let it rest for 24 hours.

I could not believe my eyes when after 24 hours I saw mold spores developing all over the dish!!!!

My brother in Los Angeles advised me to look behind the drywall for any mold growing. So out of disgust I poked a small hole in the drywall and used my flashlight to see behind it. To my amazement, I could not believe my eyes!!!! There was black mold all over and behind the drywall and piping and insulation. I am not sure what to say or think. Was this hotel shut down because of extensive mold contamination and somehow reopened through cheap renovations and repairs?!!!!! I need answers and I need them soon. My son stayed in this cheap and hazardous hotel 2 nights and both nights he was awake the whole night.

I roamed the hotel and looked at other rooms and the overall state and after some research, found out that this hotel was just bought and it was basically shut down, abandoned and in the most decrepit state before the new management or ownership took over. Who knows how many owners or which Company is profiting from this cheap hotel, deceiving guests and putting their health at risk!

I was told that there was huge water damage in the rooms and that the extent of the mold was unimaginable! Huh?! is this correct? Can anyone verify this?!

So, why was my family and my poor son exposed to so much mold!!!! I want answers and am going to find out.

In fact, I am going to call the Florida environmental agency and find out why they still have a hotel operating licence if they are such a health hazard!!!!

If anyone else has the same problem or they get an allergic reaction, please post it on here as I am very curious to see why our health is put at risk simply for them to re-open a health hazard hotel under another name, cheap renovations and new management!!!!

DO NOT STAY IN THIS MOLD INFESTED, CHEAP, GARBAGE HOTEL! GUESTS BEWARE!!!! ASK QUESTIONS IN ANY HOTEL YOU STAY THAT LOOKS OR FEELS SUSPICIOUS.
I WAS LUCKY THAT ONE EMPLOYEE WAS HONEST TO TELL ME. ASKING MANAGEMENT IS USELESS AS THEY WILL ONLY TELL YOU LIES AND LET YOU HEAR WHAT YOU NEED TO HEAR!!!

Good luck to others who will choose to stay in this moldy hotel! Be careful. It is not worth risking your health for a cheap price. The service is horrible, the food is crappy and our continental breakfast was just cereals in a bowl. I do not understand why this hotel is still open!

9 Thank Jason G