“VERY POOR SERVICE! i would NOT RECOMMEND THIS HOTEL TO ANYONE!!!”

Roomba Inn & Suites Orlando
Ranked #108 of 152 Hotels in Kissimmee
Jacksonville, Florida
“VERY POOR SERVICE! i would NOT RECOMMEND THIS HOTEL TO ANYONE!!!”
Reviewed May 26, 2013

VERY POOR SERVICE! i would NOT RECOMMEND THIS HOTEL TO ANYONE!!!
I booked a hotel room for last night on Expedia 2 weeks ago called to confirm 3 days prior to our stay everything was good. Showed up last night To check in and the Hotel had been DOUBLE BOOKED!! All their rooms were full! I stood in line for an HOUR waiting to be checked in! The manager was not very friendly, didn't tell anyone what was going on, never apologized never offered to help anyone! when i got showed up there were two people working the front desk and a 3rd person checking on them she was in and out of the lobby for 30 mins. After 20 mins one Clerk left and the other went to the back room a few mins later a new clerk showed up to work and was on the phones for 10 mins before she even talked to anyone! when another costumer asked if she was checking people in she said they had no available rooms! Then resumed phone calls. SEVERAL PEOPLE ASKED to see a manager but she never did anything to find him. she said he was checking all the rooms to see if they were available. My credit card had already been charged prior to my stay so when I FINALLY SAW a manager i asked him about getting my refund he said call Expedia! *Expedia did offer me a full refund! * they are not at fault here!!! The staff at Roomba Inn and Suites were not friendly or helpful!!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
4 Thank Kali C

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (122)
Reviewed May 26, 2013

From the moment we checked in, we knew this place had a few problems. While standing in line for over 30 minutes, a few people already staying there kept going up to reception with complaints. When we got to our room, the people next to us were having a party outside our door. Literally outside our door. The walls and floors are paper thing, we could hear stomping upstairs and it was nonstop. I called the front desk at about 1 am to complain about the people outside and I was told a manager would come right away. At about 1:30 in the morning, my boyfriend and I picked up our stuff and checked out. While in the lobby, a woman was fighting with the owner about strangers walking in their room. They had given the same room to two different groups. This place is a joke, the staff is rude, the walls are made out of cardboard apparently, and the owner doesn't care. DON'T STAY HERE! Luckily we live in West palm beach and were able to come home after cutting vacation short no thanks to this garbage dump.

• Stayed May 2013
6 Thank rerodriguez13

Travelers are raving about these Kissimmee hotels

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed May 23, 2013

I am so scared and upset at this low-class hotel! I took my wife, grandmother and three kids to this hotel and my allergic son started coughing the moment we entered our sub-standard room. I could not understand why he was up the whole two nights coughing and sneezing. Usually it is his allergies and my grandmother thought it was the carpeting. It looked fine to us.

The next day I talked to one of the employees and told them about my son's constant allergic reaction. They were so honest with me and told me that this hotel has a past history of having really bad mold everywhere and the hotel has covered it with simple and cheap renovations!!!!!

I asked them if they were sure about this and they said yes and not to tell anyone because others have complained about the air quality in this crappy, cheap hotel. No wonder they charge so little, it is a health hazard to stay in this garbage hotel!!!

I could not verify this employee and decided to do a simple test. I went to Home Depot and got a simple petri dish with a solution for testing mold! It cost me a few dollars. I exposed the petri dish with the solution for an hour to the open air in our room and then let it rest for 24 hours.

I could not believe my eyes when after 24 hours I saw mold spores developing all over the dish!!!!

My brother in Los Angeles advised me to look behind the drywall for any mold growing. So out of disgust I poked a small hole in the drywall and used my flashlight to see behind it. To my amazement, I could not believe my eyes!!!! There was black mold all over and behind the drywall and piping and insulation. I am not sure what to say or think. Was this hotel shut down because of extensive mold contamination and somehow reopened through cheap renovations and repairs?!!!!! I need answers and I need them soon. My son stayed in this cheap and hazardous hotel 2 nights and both nights he was awake the whole night.

I roamed the hotel and looked at other rooms and the overall state and after some research, found out that this hotel was just bought and it was basically shut down, abandoned and in the most decrepit state before the new management or ownership took over. Who knows how many owners or which Company is profiting from this cheap hotel, deceiving guests and putting their health at risk!

I was told that there was huge water damage in the rooms and that the extent of the mold was unimaginable! Huh?! is this correct? Can anyone verify this?!

So, why was my family and my poor son exposed to so much mold!!!! I want answers and am going to find out.

In fact, I am going to call the Florida environmental agency and find out why they still have a hotel operating licence if they are such a health hazard!!!!

If anyone else has the same problem or they get an allergic reaction, please post it on here as I am very curious to see why our health is put at risk simply for them to re-open a health hazard hotel under another name, cheap renovations and new management!!!!

DO NOT STAY IN THIS MOLD INFESTED, CHEAP, GARBAGE HOTEL! GUESTS BEWARE!!!! ASK QUESTIONS IN ANY HOTEL YOU STAY THAT LOOKS OR FEELS SUSPICIOUS.
I WAS LUCKY THAT ONE EMPLOYEE WAS HONEST TO TELL ME. ASKING MANAGEMENT IS USELESS AS THEY WILL ONLY TELL YOU LIES AND LET YOU HEAR WHAT YOU NEED TO HEAR!!!

Good luck to others who will choose to stay in this moldy hotel! Be careful. It is not worth risking your health for a cheap price. The service is horrible, the food is crappy and our continental breakfast was just cereals in a bowl. I do not understand why this hotel is still open!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
9 Thank Jason G
New Port Richey, Florida
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Not quite the experience that I would expect it to be. The hotel says there will be continental breakfast included, but I wasn't expecting two choices of cereals (rice crispy and corn flakes) in a big container served at a small table next to the reception desk with no chairs or table for anyone to sit. Since there is no REAL breakfast and I thought the cereals will just have to do to keep the two boys going until we can go to find a real breakfast place, so I sent my son there hoping to get couple of small boxes of cereals. He came back with two small Styrofoam bowls of cereals with milk mixed together walking slowly into the room so he won't spill it. The cereal was so soggy. I just couldn't believe my eyes...and we have to paid $5.95 service fee per night in additional to the priced quoted online. hmmm

BTW, I've found a long curly black hair on the bed and the sheets have two big yellow stain on it. Couple of cheap flatten pillows on a hard bed. I didn't feel comfortable with the room at all.

We did stay long enough for the pool and bar outside, but it wasn't open at all when we were there.

I could have paid the same price with the real breakfast included and a better looking hotel somewhere else.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
5 Thank LADYJADE168
Davenport, Florida
Reviewed May 5, 2013

After doing a Ribbon Cutting event which was FANTASTIC, my husband and I decided we would love to stay for weekend, just a few minutes from home. The staff was wonderful, the rooms were nicely decorated. The manager who gave us the tour stated it was a three star hotel, but with four star service. He also said the tiki bar would be open with food and drinks, and that a king-size room poolside with pool view would be available.
Now excited and anxious to go away, we head to the hotel, ask for our room expecting a nice time out by the pool and being able to have something to eat, we go to the room. It smells, bed not made, on ground level but not pool side, blocked view but end of building and stairway, also a handicap room, which we did not need. Asked worker on property about the beds, advised she is checking other rooms, please go upfront someone can help you. Was advised that IS a poolside room, and there is no other king-size room available poolside. We asked for a refund and did receive it, as we paid cash, now I am just hoping my card does not get charged. I was told it would not be, BUT I was also promised a king-size room poolside...

Room Tip: check out room before actually checking in..it may or maynot be to your liking. great location, prom...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Das K
Vinod B, Director of Operations at Roomba Inn & Suites Orlando, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking time to convey your concerns regarding your stay at Roomba Inn & Suites. Please accept my sincerest apologies for the inconvenience that you experienced during your stay. Please know that your comments have been taken seriously and we appreciate your feedback. We wish that we had been able to address these issues during your stay. We cannot undo the frustration you have endured, we can take the necessary steps to prevent future such occurrences,

At Roomba Inn & Suite we are committed to provide exceptional service and value to our guests. Please do not hesitate to contact me via email frontdesk@roombainn.com or by calling the hotel directly.

Hospitably Yours,

Vinod Bajaj, C. H. A.
Director of Operations, Kissimmee & Daytona Beach
Reviewed April 13, 2013

I spend four nights in the hotel and the housekeeping service and personnel were very friendly and serviceable. The rooms were clean every day and if you had any problem with the room they'll fixed promptly. Thank you Mr. Louis Vu and Mrs. Brenda. I will be there because of both of you and your great service.

• Stayed April 2013
blackshear
Reviewed April 10, 2013

The Property is under going major renovations, so our first room, the tv was all fuzzy, however we were taken care of right away. The people, owner, front desk were exceptional in their hospitality. This was a great hotel, wit a great price, and wonderful people. I HIGHLY recommend this hotel and will be staying at it again on our travel back home.

Room Tip: Right next to oldtown as well so things to do within walking distance.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank kristinee726
jerry w, General Manager at Roomba Inn & Suites Orlando, responded to this review, November 29, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thanks for taking the time to write a review on the hotel .. I thank you. We are working hard at getting the hotel in line with the other hotels around us and make sure you always chose us when in Kissimmee/Orlando. We know that you can go any where else but you came here .. The staff will always work hard to improve and live up to your standards.

Sincerely