My wife and I recently stayed at this hotel as part of a 10 day flight-hotel package with Westjet. We booked kind of last-minute and paid $660 pp taxes in - which was a very good deal because I found lots of flight-only prices to Orlando to be $500-700 - with no hotel included!
I always read Tripadvisor reviews before booking anything and for the most part our experience here mirrored what I had read from other travellers.
Front desk staff were very helpful and friendly.
Hotel was older but very clean.
Full-size fridge in room.
Pool and hot tub were both a good size and very clean.
5 min to Disney.
15-20 min to Universal.
Close to hundreds of restaurants - 2min to Walgreens - 5 min to Target.
Breakfast area really small and busy (exactly what everyone else says)
No Fitness Area
Pool was NOT heated (I would guess it was 72-73F - no way it was 80F+)
Lady who works in the lobby of the hotel at the tourist kiosk (she sold us Universal passes) is a little offside and could be a little crazy!!! LOL I cannot describe it any other way but she was a total weirdo!!! Also, when we went to use the passes she printed out for us at the park, the scanner couldn't read them so we had to go to guest services for new passes which was a bit of a pain. I would have gone back to complain but I didn't want her to murder me and wear my skin as a hat :)
Overall, for what we paid, excellent value. I would recommend this hotel to anyone who wants an affordable Orlando vacation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Conveniently located two miles west of the Walt Disney World entrance. This Award winning hotel offers Complimentary breakfast, Free Shuttle to major theme parks and Free wireless Internet. Studio Suites sleep six people with two queen beds and sleeper sofa, refrigerater, microwave, coffee maker. All rooms refurbished in 2007, tastefully decorated with new furniture, carpet, bedding, linens. Oversized heated pool, Jacuzzi and poolside Cabana Bar. Eleven restuarants within walking distance as well as shopping center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, Priceline, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Odigeo, Choice Hotels, Cancelon and Hotels.com so you can book your Clarion Suites Maingate reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Suites Maingate Hotel Kissimmee
- Maingate Comfort Suites
- Comfort Suites Kissimmee
- Comfort Suites Maingate Resort
- Kissimmee Comfort Suites