“Good bang for the buck, excellent location”

Clarion Suites Maingate
Ranked #29 of 153 Hotels in Kissimmee
Quebec city, Quebec
“Good bang for the buck, excellent location”
Reviewed October 13, 2012

If you're looking at this hotel, there's a good chance you already know that you're not after a luxury suite, but rather a family oriented hotel with a cheap price and good location.

If so, you won't be dissapointed as it's what describes the Clarion Suites Maingate best.

Rooms are large, clean but basic. The hotel is currently undergoing construction in it's main pavillon to soon host two new restaurants, I have to say that the continental breakfast they're currently serving in the lobby does the job really well.

The pool and jaccuzi area is large and usually quiet, I liked lounging there and there's wifi around the hotel and in the rooms although the signal strenght can sometimes be poor..

Didn't have much experience with the staff, everything went smoothly on our stay there, the location is excellent if you plan on going to the parks, but it's best to have a car as it's far from the airport and the free shuttles don't offer much flexibility.

There's quite a lot of restaurants in the neighborhood too overall I'd recommend this, especially for families going to the parks during their trip in Orlando.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
6 Thank Renesis

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (141)
Reviewed October 11, 2012

Hotel staff was friendly and helpful. Excellent location near several grocery stores and restaurants. Fantastic complimentary breakfast and convienent shuttle service. Couldn't ask for a better value.

• Stayed October 2012
3 Thank Tigersfan2012
lancashire
Reviewed October 9, 2012

Hotel is nice, very welcoming when u walk in and the staff are friendly.
Rooms are clean, though not very spacious they still have all that a family would need.
Bathrooms clean and and nice little shampoos and soaps etc for guests to use.
Gym has all equipment and though I didn't use it I had a good look and it was all clean and it had everything that u would expect for a gym
I would most certainly recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Blackpool44
Irving, Texas
Reviewed October 8, 2012

We stayed in Clarion last week for our visit to the theme parks. I chose this place from a groupon deal - not by my own choice. Overall the stay was a very good experience. Here are some of the good and not so good things about my stay experience in this hotel.

Good: Nice overall environment, good clean rooms and decent crowd. Fit for travel with kids & family. There is an outdoor pool open from 9 am to 11 pm which is very good. Towels and showers are available at the pool. Noodles are also available which my son enjoyed using.
Free breakfast was pretty average...but no complaints as it was good value for the price I paid.
Most important for me: The Wifi was fast and pretty consistent. By fast I mean for a hotel wifi - cant compare with what we get at home. I couldnt watch any videos - but it was good for emails and some light browsing etc...
Front desk staff was courteous and helpful. Housekeeping did a good job for the 5 days we stayed.

As for location: I would have preferred something on Internation drive or at least close to it. This hotel is bit off of all the action for tourists but again some people may prefer a quiter location - so may be good for them.

Bad: I didnt like the bed and pillows. May be just a personal thing - but the whole bed shook when one person rolled over etc... I could have has much better sleep on a different bed.
Shuttle to the parks: The shuttle schedule is next to useless if you are counting on it - so check this one out before you decide to stay here.

Bottomline: Wouldnt hesitate to go back if I get a good price again - but would research more on hotels on Internation drive first.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank NaveenNJ
Tralee, Ireland
Reviewed October 5, 2012

This hotel was an excellent choice for our two week stay. The rooms are a great size with two queens beds and area with couch.There were only two of us but I would image that a family should defintely feel comfortable with the space. The bathroom was a good size also with a powerful shower and the whole room was spotless.
Breakfast is an area that people have marked the hotel down on for space rather than selection. There was huge signs of activity around the under construction restaurant / coffee shop which is due to open this month (october). Hopefully they still keep a continental breakfast option included with the rates as this was a big factor in us choosing this hotel.
The area around the hotel has everything from Walgreens Pharmacy, WinnDixie Supermarket, excellent choice of food options in all price ranges and perfectly located for Outlet Shopping and the Parks.
Overall this is perfect base and I would reccomment this to families / couples.
TIPS- one thing we stumbled upon but I would urge people to go and visit is the clearwater marine aquarium located approx 1.5 hrs west. If you have see the movie Dolphons Tale it is magical to see Winter the star of the movie.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Snudge73
Bayonet Point, Florida
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Webt to this hotel with some friends to meet some of her family from up north. The place was clean, had spacious rooms, frig, microwave air conditioner worked very well, big bathroom area and their breakfast in the morning by the front desk area was good. They had lots to choose from at breakfast, eggs, sausage, cereals (several different kinds), bagels, fresh fruit, a variety of breads, plenty of coffee and juice. I think the only complaint I eally had about the place is the pool guy didn't clean the pool Saturday morning until around noon other then that it was a nice stay. I would definitely go back. Within walking distance there was several restaurants (Carrabba's, TGIF, Cracker Barrel, Taste of China, Subway, a bagel shop and Outback. A Winn Dixie (supermarket) is also within walking distance. The hotel also had some nice picnic tables and charcoal grills if someone wanted to cook out.

Room Tip: We are smokers so we took the first floor for easy access to the parking lot where smoking is permit...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank trish0903
Worcestershire, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 7, 2012

Stayed here in 2004 and a further three times when Comfort Suites and loved it, and recommended it to family and freinds. During this two week holiday we spent our 1st week with our daughter, son in law and grandson in a villa, then my wife and I toured Florida. We stopped in The Comfort Suites Hotel Kissimmee, Best Western Plus Fort Myers, Hyatt Regency Sarasota, Hampton Inn & Suites Clearwater and here The Clarion Suites for our last two nights, that we thought would be the highlight of our second week. Talk about disapointed, what a let down. The 1st suite we were shown was old and tired. When I complained I was told that I could upgrade to a more modern suite at a cost of $10 more per night, (which I refused to pay). Upon asking to see the manager I was told that I would be upgraded at no extra cost. The 2nd suite wasn't much better but at least it had a flat screen TV.
I WOULD NO LONGER RECOMMEND THE CLARION SUITES MAINGATE WEST KISSIMMEE AND WOULD NEVER STOP HERE AGAIN !!!!!!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple